shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these E-bay items please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Weeelllll... here''s my humble opinion (since you asked!
2.gif
)

Neither one of these listings tells you much about the stones, and particularly nothing about the *CUT*. To me, no diamond is a deal if it doesn''t sparkle... and we really have no idea about these ones. The "appraisal" for the 2nd one doesn''t really "guarantee" diddly, either.

Honestly, I''d pass.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
for 1, i think the setting is unique and pretty. if you can replace the stone if it's not great, that would be fine.

for 2, I think I'd prefer to buy a new one for a few hundred dollars.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Thanks....at this point I''m just kinda looking for stuff to tinker around with. I did like the setting on the first one though, and I''m thinking that I''ve seen something similiar here but I''m not certain.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The first is an illusion setting, but the head is more ornate than most seen or sold in USA. You could get about the same look for up to a 1 ct 6.5mm stone by putting the appropriately sized illusion plate into any vintage semimount that has a prong or crown type head. I even saw an illusion plate for a 1.25ct RB, which would be a 7mm stone. But I didn''t bookmark the site. Google illusion+plate+findings and you''ll get some findings catalogs.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
Given that diamonds of that small size don''t always come certified, I''d still have to agree with Lynn that you''re really spending money without having any idea what you''re getting. Either see the diamond up front or get certification info, appraisals are meaningless. -- Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results