shape
carat
color
clarity

WF's new AGS princess cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Guess what I discovered today while talking to Denise from WF? Well, I guess I ruined the surprise with my heading, but Whiteflash now has AGS princess cuts!!!

Link 1
Link 2

Could the numbers or ideal scope images be more perfect?!?!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

For those of you who are not into this cut, these stones may make you change your mind!
31.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I looked at the AGS reports with both stones listing the polish and symmetry of both stones as Excellent not Ideal. I could not find a cut grade on either report, but I believe both of those stones will be AGS 1''s, not 0''s.

Both of them should be extraordinary to look at.

John Quixote, am I confused?

Wink

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Good grief, those IS pics are simply luscious.
18.gif

shay

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
agreed!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the heads up researcher, they are gorgeous!!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2005 6:47:12 PM
Author: Wink
I looked at the AGS reports with both stones listing the polish and symmetry of both stones as Excellent not Ideal. I could not find a cut grade on either report, but I believe both of those stones will be AGS 1''s, not 0''s.

Wink

Oops! That would be my fault. I was just excited when Denise was helping me find a stone and she noted there were two new gems. I want to make sure it''s known that I assumed they were AGS 0--Denise never said they were. I guess I''m just used to excellent as being the best on polish/symmetry, and never considered the ideal category. Either way they''re amazing stones!!!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
If they''re not zeros, they''re getting no help from AGS from camoflauging the fact. Look at that doc number!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Guess I should have used this link to figure out the scores!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think that we are doing Brian and his friends at Whiteflash a disservice with this thread.

However beautiful the IS on these stones is, they are clearly not AGS-0. They have an AGS DQR (Diamond Quality Report), and not a DQD (DQ Document). The DQR is entirely comparable with a GIA-grading report, since it only grades Polish and Symmetry. AGS promotes it as their report to use, if your stone does not have Ideal Light Performance.

Also, knowing Brian and his strong defense of optical symmetry, I think that he is not yet satisfied with optical symmetry on these stones. The stones as such look promising, and probably much nicer than the average princess on the market, but I expect Brian to come out with more impressive products sooner or later.

Looking forward to that,

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many happy returns! AGS0 included
2.gif

Out of curiosity: does Sarin and AGS measure the same things for crown and pav. angles? The airs of reports for each preincedd do not quite agree - with several degrees difference. I realize these numbers are not informative in the way they might for rounds. Just wondering if the wast variation comes from some startling range of measurement error or some diffence in the object measured.

Thanks
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGS uses helium on stones less than ~8mm.
on fancies the added accuraccy is huge compared to the sarin.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2005 6:47:12 PM
Author: Wink
I looked at the AGS reports with both stones listing the polish and symmetry of both stones as Excellent not Ideal. I could not find a cut grade on either report, but I believe both of those stones will be AGS 1's, not 0's.

Wink
Hi all, and thanks for the replies.

Yes, the report is a little premature. We've sent some princess cuts to AGS as Brian tweaks our design in order to acquire the 0 grade for light performance in their metric, but as Paul noted these are not final products. Thanks for the interest and - Researcher - I am pretty sure you will be at the top of the list to know when we introduce the ACA Princess
2.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Researcher, I''d like to know what you were talking to Denise about anyway!
31.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results