shape
carat
color
clarity

Sooner than I think??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry for the crazy behavior that ensues in this post...

Okay... SO I know there are A LOT of theories between "boy soon" and "girl soon". Is it correct to assume that the average guy does not know this?
33.gif
Here is my situation,

My boyfriend told me he would propose "sooner than I think"... my initial reaction was, "yeah right"...
20.gif

His "soon" is probably 6 months or so, my "soon" is like 2 months. "Sooner than I think" would mean less than two months, but I think his statement really means less than "his soon", 6 months...

I know that I am totally overanalyzing, but this is referring to "his soon" isn''t it?? I''m so confused!!
26.gif
19.gif

If anyone can understand what I''m trying to say and offer some advice, that would be great.

omc

Rough_Rock
You think he won''t propose for six months. He is saying he will propose sooner than you think, which means sooner than six months. If he had meant that he would propose sooner than two months, he would have said, "it will be even sooner than you hope"

my two cents.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, that''s what I think too...

I guess I''m just hoping that it''s sooner than that... oh well.
20.gif

Thanks for your opinion!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, you poor thing! I''m sure it is driving you mad! Of course, that could be his exact intention...
31.gif

You probably won''t know when it will happen until it does...at least if he does his part properly...though I''m sure that doesn''t make you feel any better!

Here''s hoping it''s "girl soon!"

Hunali

Rough_Rock
Don''t you absolutely hate not knowing?!?! The wait is a killer, but at the same time, if you know that the proposal IS coming for sure and soon, then the wait is a little more bearable and exciting.

Back to your question......It sounds like he is telling you it will be sooner than 6 months, since he probably thinks you are assuming it''ll come within his time schedule of 6 mos. Just a thought though. I hope you get it sooner because the wait and guessing is absolute torture!!!
19.gif

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
When talking about "boy soon", sooner than six months is probably five months and 29 days.

My husband rang me from work the other day at 4.15pm to say he was coming home soon. He got in at quarter to nine.

Boys have absolutely no grasp of the meaning of "soon". It''s not that it''s different from our definition, it''s that they just don''t understand the concept in the slightest. Soon to them is "this year next year sometime never".

Sorry to be a wet rag
8.gif
but they don''t get any better at this (I''ve been trying to train mine for two years and I''ve given up).

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Soon will be whenever he does it. Guys have diffrent time lines then girls most of the time (my SO and I are backwards...
11.gif
). Chances are he has a conceppts of when he thinks you ought to be expecting it. So any time before that would be his sooner then you think. He could ask tommorow or in three years with the same logic.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
I hate boy-soon! my bf tells me he''ll propose soon - within TWO years. two. years!
20.gif
I do hope he''s kidding.

your bf must know that you want to be engaged NOW - maybe he will propose sooner than YOU think!

Evie75

Shiny_Rock
eh!! i heard "dont be surprised if i propose soon" in august of 2004..... yah still waiting
emotion-18.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I wonder: Do they know how important this is to us? Do they realize that they''re driving us crazy when they say things like kalispera''s boyfriend told her? My boyfriend looked at rings with me last Christmas break and a couple of weeks ago told me he was thinking about proposing to me, but he obvious still has no plans or anything and I probably could be waiting for another year or two...
Men... can''t live with ''em, but can''t live without ''em...
2.gif

Don''t dispair, kalispera!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Soon is such a relative term- and since it is you need to get clarity so you don''t go crazy wondering! And to make sure you are on the on the same page. If they are drastically different pages- they you negotiate. He might be playing with you a bit to have fun since he knows how excited you are about this
31.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies everyone!! He told me that he would propose by next September, and I KNOW he will stick to it. I have gotten some "hints" from him that it will be sooner than that.. although cinnabar does have a point, it could be August 31st for all I know. I''m glad I''m not the only one who is crazy about getting engaged!! CHEERS TO THAT!!
embeer.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I think the big difference is in that we think of a proposal as the step in-between dating and marriage. You can be engaged for a year, two years, or more. That''s a lot of time before you actually get married. But I think most men won''t propose until they are ready to be married right then. That''s my guess at least...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results