shape
carat
color
clarity

Sentimental Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
HI EVERYONE!!

I love seeing everyone''s beautiful diamond rings and gemstones, but most of them are quite pricey. Does anyone have an important piece of jewelry that maybe is worth nothing monetarily but worth so much sentimentally?

I know my grandmother gave me a ring that she had when she was a little girl. There used to be diamonds in it, but they fell out over time and she replaced them with pieces of glitter (bless her little heart). She pain-stakingly glued pieces of glitter in these tiny holes.
4.gif
I know the ring is not worth much, but I wear it daily as a reminder of her and her love. I will have to post a pic as soon as I get one.

Anyone else have a similar piece of jewelry? Where did you get it? Why does it mean so much to you? Please post pics if you can!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread. I had an add a pearl necklace given to me by my other grandmother that has since passed away. When my parents moved from our old house the necklace somehow vanished. I was crushed as it took a long time to get those pearls to add up. It meant the world to me as I loved my Granny soooo very much. I still think of how she enjoyed adding to the necklace every year bless her heart.
12.gif

I think my most sentimental piece of jewelry was given to me by my very great friend Wayne who wanted me to have a piece of jewelry to remember him by (he was losing his battle to cancer) He gave me a diamond heart, as I always told him he was my heart. He didn't have to do that, but insisited, we were 2 peas in a pod.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh,
I''m sorry to hear that your pearl necklace vanished. That''s just terrible!!
8.gif

The diamond heart your friend Wayne gave you sounds lovely. How thoughtful of him and what a great reminder of your friendship.

JC

Shiny_Rock
My wife bought me a watch a few years ago. The watch was an anniversary gift. She had the back of the watch engraved with a personal message along with the date that we had first said "I love you" to each other. I''ll where that watch for the rest of my life even if it stops working and I can''t buy batteries to make it run. Maybe if we have kids I''ll pass it down to my boy when he gets older.

1.gif

carcrash

Rough_Rock
Great Idea! I got a pair of cufflinks from my dad... not worth much... still they mean a lot to me

carcrash

Rough_Rock
I guess I should add that they were passed on to him from his father.. so I will probably pass them on to my kids

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results