shape
carat
color
clarity

In case you haven''t stopped by SMTR yet.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got engaged!

and he actually suprised me by making me think he had picked up the ring at the PO but was leaving it at his parent''s for safe-keeping. He came home late on the 12th, we hung out, had a little pizza and I teased him with 20 questions about the ring. I had a really bad day and after midnight decided to go watch tv laying in bed, hoping to fall asleep. He came in, cuddled up next to me and asked what I planned to do on Thursday, since I had the day off. I started with my list of cleaning & packing & errands.. He said "I know what we should do. I think we should spend the day as a newly-engaged couple." He had the ring, started to slip it on my finger and asked "Will you marry me?" I said "Yes, yes" through tears & laughter. I didn''t see it coming (too many lead paint chips as a child, I guess) and we spent the next 10 minutes hugging, laughing, crying...and then I asked if I could look at the ring!!!! We plan on getting married next year on Oct 13th, so he proposed one year to our wedding date. The funny thing was he said he had planned to propose on the 21st, his b-day- saying that I''m the best gift he could ever ask for but that once he got the ring he was too excited to wait!

While not elaborate, it was the perfect proposal for us! I am so happy and not just with the ring but at how excited my Fiance (it''s fun to type that) is..he called all his friends and family Thursday morning with the good news- I can'' get over how excited all his guy friends are and only 2 are married. The single guys were really happy for us, which is nice!

and btw, are we the first horizontal proposal here on PS?
3.gif

fffsteeringwheelsmall.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s such a great story FFF!!! I love it and of course your ring is just stunning!!! Congratulations to the both of you!!!
36.gif
36.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
FFF...what a wonderful story!!! Sometimes the simplest proposals are the most romantic!!! Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oooooooomigosh, congrats
36.gif
i''m off to check out your pics

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I am so happy for you. See sometimes it is sweeter than you expect! Need to check out your pics quick and go get ready for my bfriends bday dinner!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh FountainFairfax,

How wonderful for you both!! A wonderful proposal and a beautiful ring. I have to say though, you have been a member of this community for *eight* months and one picture?? ONE picture?????? : ) When will you post more???

Enjoy your engaged bliss : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

ETA: I didn't see the thread about Wabi-Sabi, it's absolutely gorgeous!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
3.gif
9.gif
1.gif

I don''t know what to do first....run to SMTR or do this.....well, I''ll make it short and sweet

36.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh FFF, what a sweet proposal!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
yayayayay!! congratulations!!! very sweet, and i''m so glad he was able to totally surprise you!

now i have to go check out your ring pictures!!!

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
I am sooo happy for you!!! I was reading the ring stories nodding my head thinking of my fella- and now it is all worth it!! Blessings to you both!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!
36.gif
Such a sweet proposal & I love the ring - I''m glad he couldn''t wait until the 21st!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oh FFF!!! Yay!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I am so happy for you and that is a wonderful proposal. I think it is so sweet how he can''t wait to give you the ring. Made me smile when I read that. Congratulations girl!

Now I''m off to check out the STMR thread for more pics!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Your new fiancé sounds like a wonderful person. Congratulations to both of you and God Speed! Oh- and I almost forgot...the ring is just beautiful!

Misato-san

Rough_Rock
oh wow ! Congratulations!
it must be a great feeling that the wait is over.
Such a cute proposal story and a beautiful ring!

i hope my bf has the same problem yours did in being too excited to hold out long after the ring is completed.

I''m very happy for you!

-Misa

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Congratulations. It sounds like the proposal was very sweet. Have fun planning the wedding!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO...what else did you do while horizontal!!!
31.gif

face3.gif

Hehe. Super sweet proposal! Congrats!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Sneaky
27.gif
Tell your fiance he did good!!!
BEST WISHES AND BIG TIME CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
btw... i introduced you to my fiance by showing him your posts and mine about getting our rings this week! It was cute, he also loves the hidden diamonds in your ring. Hope your weekend was great and you truly enjoyed being engaged!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
emotion-19.gif
CONGRATS!!!!
emotion-19.gif

I''m off to the SMTR folder.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!! What a sweet proposal, FFF! I''m so happy for you!

Now, off to SMTR---I must see your new bling immediately!
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
I love it!
30.gif
Give it to me!
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results