shape
carat
color
clarity

Our journey for our ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, no, the wait must be killing you! Has he hinted at anything or has be been acting strange?

I know what you mean, though. The longer it takes, the more constantly you think about it. I hope he gives it to you soon!! (at least we have some gorgeous pics to drool over in the meantime.
30.gif
)

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Milly -- I''m going to send some Diamondfairy dust your way!

My friend''s now-husband made her wait 6 months before she got the ring! She nearly killed him!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Boys think we are going to forget? I always thought they were waiting until we had given up....okay sorry but sometimes I do wonder.
I am amazed you have not ransacked his things and proposed to him.
31.gif
You get major points for being so sweet and patient.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Bright,

He has not hinted a single thing or acted strange at all! Which makes me a little sad
8.gif
....because it means nothing is going to happen soon....or maybe he''s just trying to make me feel that way? to throw me off?? Aiya!! Who knows????

I''m really surprised the ring didn''t burn a hole in his pocket!! I mean how can he hold on to that beauty for so long and not want to give it to me???
39.gif

Jelly,

Thanks so much for the fairy dust. I hope it hits him, so I can be engaged!!
9.gif

Mat,

You''re right. Maybe he is waiting for me to give up and then finally give it to me (maybe a year later!!) Scary thought....
32.gif

It''s so hard not to search the house......I try to think that it''s not in the house, so there''s no use looking. That''s the only way I can stop myself from searching...heehee

Thanks for checking up on me you guys. It''s so sweet of you to remember that I''m going crazy.....
37.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2005 2:24:00 PM
Author: Milly

I''m really surprised the ring didn''t burn a hole in his pocket!! I mean how can he hold on to that beauty for so long and not want to give it to me???
39.gif
I agree...unless he''s keeping it in some secret hiding place so he can play with it all by himself! Maybe he doesn''t want to give it up. I know *I* wouldn''t!
3.gif

Seriously, I will send Diamondfairy thoughts your way as well. Considering how many people you''ve helped get sparklers of their own, it hardly seems fair you have to wait for yours....
11.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Bright! That made me feel so much better.

1.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Girl, I''m just catching up on your saga. What is his problem?!?!?! Boys are mean. They don''t understand what we go through! The waiting must be killing you but just try to keep yourself busy. Just keep looking at those gorgeous RHRs you have to help you pass the time!
2.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Milly- I agree w/Curlygirl that guys don''t know what it does to keep us waiting!!!! All I can hope is that your honey is planning for the blow-out, proposal of all proposals that you totally deserve, little miss diamondfairy
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if he is involving your little girl? A friend of ours did this (they were already married but her ring was stolen so he reproposed with the replacement) she knew the ring was coming and had help choose the semi-mount. Then he stopped talking about it, she waited two months after it had been picked up! It turned out he had been teaching their twin boys lines so they could be involved...it was really wonderful and heartfelt and she cried for a few days.
Perhaps your hubby to be wants to involve your little girl and they are just ironing out the final details. I am sure it will be worth the wait. *hugs*

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow--how amazing would that be if Sam were involving Alyssa in the proposal!? Definitely worth the wait! (again, easy for me to say...) Regardless of how he proposes, it''ll be a wonderful memory you''ll treasure forever. I hope he gets on with it already!
31.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Curly and FFF!

Mat, just reading your post almost made me cry. I can''t imagine him trying something like that. I mean Alyssa is only 22 months. She can only speak 2 syllables at once....so....I don''t know...but when reading your post about your friend, wow, that touched me. So sweet. Thanks for helping me think of reasons why it''s taking so long though.

I am just as puzzled as you guys are. I have no idea what he is waiting for. It''s been three weeks since he picked up the ring (I''m pretty sure he picked it up around 3 weeks ago), 10 weeks since we decided on a diamond, and 14 weeks since we decided on a setting. So what''s the hold up??? And it doesn''t help that I''ve never seen the ring. That drives me even more insane!!

I don''t care for a big fancy proposal (maybe I''m only saying so cuz I''m driving myself to the wall!
19.gif
). All I care for is what he says when he asks me.

I don''t understand at all how he can stand waiting so long to ask me! ARGH!!
emangry.gif

Hee, I just had a thought. Maybe when he does finally ask, I''ll take the ring and tell him I''ll have to test it out and get back to him with my answer.....then I''ll make him wait how ever long he made me wait!
11.gif
Heehee. J/K, that''s kinda mean....
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Glad to help with the positive vibes... I am sure your proposal will be fantastic and lovely and everything you have been hoping for. If not we will hoist him up on the yard arm.
emotion-5.gif
Oh wouldnt it be fun if the three of you were playing a game, like Pretty Pretty Princess, and that was your prize? Allright i have gone into full cheesy mode. Now is the part where I sound like a mother and say all good things come to those who wait.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the positive vibes you guys!
1.gif

So, Sam and I had a talk last night. We were just talking and I couldn''t help but ask him why it was taking so long? I know, I know, I should''ve kept my mouth shut, but I couldn''t help it! So after I asked him, he laughed and said he didn''t know what I was talking about. Yeah right.....he knows. And he kept laughing.

Finally after he stopped, I told him he didn''t answer my question yet. And he said, "Why are you being so impatient? It''s hasn''t even been a month yet." Ah-ha, so he''s had the ring for almost a month, but not quite! So I automatically said, "So you picked up the ring about a month ago?" He then realized he had slipped, so he laughed again.

I told him about my nightmares of the ring and to put my mind at ease he told me a little, only a little about the ring. He said it''s gorgeous, but didn''t turn out EXACTLY the way we thought it would. My heart skipped a beat and I couldn''t speak. He waited for me to say something and I finally managed to stutter, "What...exactly...not?"

He told me what didn''t turn out exactly the way we thought it would. It''s no biggie. Our jeweler was orginally going to put 16 one pointers set pave style on the basket, but 16 stones didn''t fit, so he had to cut down to 12 stones, 3 diamonds on each side. And instead of refunding some of our money, he either made the stones on my wedding band bigger or added a couple more on (Sam doesn''t remember which it was).

I asked if the rings are thin, and he said yes. Whew, huge sigh of relief there. In one of my dreams, the shank of the rings turn out extremely thick and ugly, covered half my finger when I tried it on. I asked him about his reaction when he saw the ring for the first time. He said, "I can''t tell you that. I''ll tell you afterwards, okay?"

And that was all. He wouldn''t tell me anything more. When I kept trying to pry more info from him, he laughed and said, "Do you want me to just propose right now? while we''re in bed? in the dark? so I can give you the ring?" I kept quiet and replied, "I don''t want to spoil whatever it is that you have planned."

He said, "Good, you''ll find out soon. Patience, okay?" Hrm....he said "soon".....I hope his soon is the same as my soon.

I feel so much better knowing the ring is done and has been picked up and is perfect. Now I can relax a little and wait (hopefully not too long).
9.gif

Oh, I forgot to metion, sometime during our whole conversation, he asked me if I wanted him to get the ring so I can try it on in the dark. I was SO SO SO tempted to say yes, but I knew he was kidding and wouldn''t let me, so I never responded. *SIGH* But wouldn''t it be so fantastic if I had said yes and he would''ve let me? My heart is swooning just thinking about it. Eeeek, I so can''t wait until the day comes.
5.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

oh Milly ! I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited for you ! It''s just thrilling. I am LOVING following your story and I know it''s killing you that you are still waiting but I agree with all the girls ... I just KNOW it''s going to be PERFECT when it happens for you !

and I am keeping fingers and toes crossed that it will be girl-soon !

btw, I laughed when you said you weren''t even thinking of it until he said something and now you can think of nothing else ! that is EXACTLY how I was too. It was this weekend last year that we were away at the Paradise City Arts Festival when, with no talk beforehand or anything, P. took me into a store and brought me right over the diamond e-rings !!! I was flabberghasted. After that I become obsessed and then I found PS and all the wonderful folk on here who shared my obession and made me feel ''normal''.

I am soooooooooooooooo excited that you are in this once-in-a-lifetime place where your whole life is about to change in such a wonderful way .........

*huggingyoutight*

C

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Milly, I''m so glad you talked with Sam about this! Hopefully he has a better sense of how you''re feeling now and will hurry up & propose!!
28.gif

I''m glad he was able to reassure you about the ring. It sounds perfect! I was the same way after my FI picked up my ring, but before he gave it to me. He told me a little info to reassure me--that it turned out great & weighs, like 12 lbs!

LOL about him proposing now in the dark. Good for you for not jumping on that one & ruining his plan.
3.gif

Matatora, I love the idea of the ring being a prize in a game Sam, Milly & Alyssa play! But what if Alyssa won it? She''d never give it up!
11.gif

This is just so exciting! I can''t wait to hear your proposal story, Milly!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, I love the conversation in the dark! That is just so cute!! And now you have to have some peace of mind that the ring is not a monstrosity!! He''s obviously planning something big and really wants it to be a surprise. Oooh, this is so exciting!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2005 1:33:38 PM
Author: Milly

Oh, I forgot to metion, sometime during our whole conversation, he asked me if I wanted him to get the ring so I can try it on in the dark. I was SO SO SO tempted to say yes, but I knew he was kidding and wouldn''t let me, so I never responded. *SIGH* But wouldn''t it be so fantastic if I had said yes and he would''ve let me? My heart is swooning just thinking about it. Eeeek, I so can''t wait until the day comes.
5.gif
WhoaMG, I so would have tried it on if I were you!!!!!!! I hope he hurries up and proposes
2.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for following up with my journey! You guys keep me sane! You know my real world friends cannot offer the understanding you guys offer!

I really am going bonkers. I analyze every single thing he says to me. LOL. Yesterday we were talking about Carmel and Monterey and he asked me which place would I prefer to go. That got me thinking like crazy!! Hrm....why is he asking me that? Maybe his plan involves a trip? No, I think he just wanted to know and I''m just going cookoo!
19.gif

I think I should find a project to work on, so I can control myself! Hahahaha, like anything would help. It''s actually getting fun again, since I''m not worried about the ring, I can just go crazy and enjoy the wait, since this is a once in a lifetime feeling.

Okay ladies, hopefully the next time I update this thread is with a proposal story and a picture of my *bling*!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OOHHHH beautiful little girl and beautiful dimaond on her little fingers!! Thank you for sharing, that is wonderufl wonderful wonderful EYE candy!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for joining in on my saga, Mine!

Update:

After some convincing I was able to get Sam to show me my wedding band, after all I paid for the wedding band! That was our deal, he pays for the e-ring and I pay for both wedding bands (I think I got the better end of the deal, hehe
2.gif
9.gif
).

So last night he let me see the wedding band. Oh, it is so gorgeous!!!
30.gif
BUT......it didn''t fit! Why didn''t it fit??? It only went a little past my knuckle, which means it is at least 1/2 a size off! I was shocked! My first thought was I had gained so much weight, my fingers got fatter from 3 months ago.
38.gif

And then I went into denial and said, "No.....can''t be! It must be that my jeweler messed up, wrote down the wrong size and made the ring too small." Which I''m hoping is true. *Fingers crossed* My jeweler has this set of rings for measuring sizes. It goes in 0.1 size increments, which is very accurate. And I remember the day I had my finger measured, it was pretty hot out and I made sure the sizer was not tight at all. It actually came out pretty easily too. *Sigh* I guess we''ll see what happens.

If the w-band didn''t fit, then of course the e-ring will not fit either, which means we have to take it back which means more waiting and more waiting for the proposal. This is 6th week since he picked up the ring.
39.gif

I kinda went a little crazy last night after trying on the w-band and freaked out and exploded all these feelings that I''ve been going through to Sam last night. I told him it was like an emotional roller coaster. One week I''m excited and giddy, one I''m wondering what the hell is going on?, one I''m angry, one I''m calm, and the list goes on. He was like, "You think about it every week?" My response was: EVERY WEEK?! EVERY WEEK?! Everyday is more like it! (I am going through PMS right now, ya know?)
He (surprisingly for a guy) understood everything that I told him. I was amazed. I sure did pick the right guy!!
9.gif
36.gif
He comforted me and calmed me down and told me not to worry. He has something special planned and it''s all planned out. He has been planning it for months, he said. He said it''s going to happen soon. That made me feel a lot better.

So I called our jeweler at first and he said for us to bring the both rings in (the e-ring sealed in a box of course) and he''ll measure my fingers again. He told me not to worry as well because he can have the ring resized within half a day or less. I am so glad!

1.gif

So Sam is getting off work in half an hour to go to the jewelers with me. More updates later!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh I can''t stand the suspense, Milly!!! I just read your whole thread here and I''m sooooo ready for him to propose to you!!! Good luck with fixing the sizing issue, and I''m keeping my fingers crossed for GIRL SOOOOOOON!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Can you go back to the jewler now and have your fingers resized? That way if you need to get the ring sized perhaps it could be done before you have it, so you dont have to wait any longer.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Milly, I hope it happens for you soon! I would be going CRAZY knowing that he''s had the ring for that long
26.gif
19.gif
26.gif
19.gif
, it sounds like you are actually holding up quite nicely! At least it sounds like he has something planned for your proposal, that has to put your mind at ease a little bit!
20.gif
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep us updated and show us your bling when you get it!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I know its going to be great! But oh the suspense, at you know its coming.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Milly, the agony of the waiting must be killing you!! But it sounds like Sam is an incredibly wonderful, understanding guy and he must really have something special planned for you--how exciting!!!! I''m glad he knows how crazy this is making you and I can''t wait to hear the good news. It sounds like it''s coming soon, girl soon!!
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Milly, I hope Sam does it soon!
36.gif
I agree that you''ve been holding up really well & it sounds like Sam has been sweet & reassuring. (LOL about his question if you think about the ring every WEEK!) I can''t wait to hear about your special proposal! (and see pics of your gorgeous ring!!
30.gif
)

I hope you guys took care of the sizing issue ASAP. That would be such a shame if he proposed & you had to wait even a day or a few hours to wear your ring! Oh, this is just so exciting!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much you guys! You ladies are always able to put a smile on my face!
1.gif

So to update on the ring situation. We went last week to drop off the rings and have my fingers sized again. Turns out my fingers didn''t bloat up! They made the ring the wrong size! Yay!
36.gif

So we dropped off the rings and went home. Our jeweler told us it''ll be ready by the next day. Since Sam couldn''t get off work early to pick up the rings with me, he told me to pick them up myself. BY MYSELF?? Can I resist not opening the box and taking a peek at the e-ring???
40.gif
After much debate, I decided not to pick it up since I know I will be very very tempted to look. Hee.
9.gif

Sam and I finally went to pick up the ring yesterday. When we were waiting for our jeweler, he kept asking me if I wanted to see the ring. He said, "Do you want to try it on to see if it fits correctly?" I asked him, "What are you doing to me? Are you trying to kill me?"

Of course I didn''t try it on, since I knew he was just tempting me to see if I will cave in. As we were driving home, he finally told me how he felt when he saw the ring for the first time. He said it took his breath away. He was amazed by it.
30.gif
And when he picked it up at first and looked at it again, it seemed even more gorgeous than the first time. Now that made me really want to see it!
9.gif
I asked and asked, and he kept asking me, "Do you really want to see it?"

He knows I want to wait until he proposes to see the ring, so at the end, I didn''t get to see it.

Ladies, I''m going on my 7th week of living in the same house as the ring, but not being able to see it!! And every week is getting harder and harder!
28.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Girl, you have sooo much will power!!!!! I would be absolutely insane knowing it was right there and not seeing it. You''re a better woman than most!!!

I''m glad the sizing issue is taken care of--that''s one less thing to worry about now. Now we''ll just have to find ways to keep you busy while you wait for the magic moment that Sam has prepared for you! I''m sure it''s going to be amazing!!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
GOD $#@%*&*&!!%#@(*

This thread is at the top of the list because Sam has given you the ring - NOT!!!!!!!

Arrrrgggghhhhhh I''m waiting and waiting - I can''t imagine what''s taking so long. Do it Sam!!! DO IT!!!

(I''m sending Sam "DO IT" vibes
emstar.gif
emlove.gif
emnote.gif
emrainbow.gif
emhot.gif
emlips.gif
emgift.gif
)

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lori!

It is very difficult, but I''m managing. I have a good feeling about this weekend. I just feel like it''s going to happen. I mean there are no clues or signs of anything, but just a gut feeling I have.

I''m not trying to set myself up for disappointment by thinking that it''ll be this weekend because I don''t think I can be disappointed. I''m just very happy to be with Sam and to know that the day will be here soon, and I have a feeling it''s very soon!
5.gif
*fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results