shape
carat
color
clarity

FTD Florist

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
My Fiance ordered this particular arrangement of flowers for me and had them delivered to a restaurant so they''d be waiting for me when we arrived. The description is Medium Stemmed Pink Rose Bouquet. My next post will be what we actually received.

What he ordered:

FTDPinkRoses.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in suspense!!! LOL

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
This is what we received! Ummm....does this look anything like the other picture besides that they are both roses?

FlowersWeb.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
WELLLLLL- what did you get? I really like the bouquet that was ordered!!!

ETA- I must have been typing just as you were posting.. Yikes.. no they look nothing alike.. And what you got was not so attractive either. did you get the wrong order, or are they just that bad?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Quality control has been discussed on this forum about jewelry, but the same goes for flowers too!

He wrote a letter to FTD saying how he was disappointed in the bouquet. All they did was quote a disclaimer saying that the bouquets might not appear EXACTLY how they look in the ad. I thought this was ridiculous!!! There are white, sorta yellowish and red roses in this arrangement. No pink ones at all.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Oh god....first let me say....that was so nice of him to send you flowers....but WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH FTD>?>????

Many moons ago (about 14 yrs) for our 1st V-day together...my husband ordered me flowers from FTD...when what I got was a piece of ca-ca....it was truly bad...it looked nothing like what he ordered...the florist filled it with greens and the cheapest and dead flowers they had.

We called to complain (he was mortified) and the operator told us that they take the order but then send the order to the closest affiliate florist....and that they MAY NOT HAVE what was ordered on stock so they can substitute....it is safe to say we NEVER ordered from FTD again
29.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Atroop, I''d say it''s safe to say that neither of our sweeties will be FTD customers again!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 5:04:59 PM
Author: MelissaSue
WELLLLLL- what did you get? I really like the bouquet that was ordered!!!

ETA- I must have been typing just as you were posting.. Yikes.. no they look nothing alike.. And what you got was not so attractive either. did you get the wrong order, or are they just that bad?
MelissaSue, I assume it was the correct order because my name was on the card.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Umm, OK, that looks NOTHING like the first pic...maybe the person who put it together was colorblind??? I dunno!
9.gif

At least he was a sweetie and got you flowers! And good for him for expressing his disappointment to the company.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 5:16:42 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
Umm, OK, that looks NOTHING like the first pic...maybe the person who put it together was colorblind??? I dunno!
9.gif

At least he was a sweetie and got you flowers! And good for him for expressing his disappointment to the company.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 5:11:08 PM
Author: atroop711
We called to complain (he was mortified) and the operator told us that they take the order but then send the order to the closest affiliate florist....and that they MAY NOT HAVE what was ordered on stock so they can substitute....it is safe to say we NEVER ordered from FTD again
29.gif
YES - I''ve had problems as well, which caused to to stop using them. Same goes for 1-800-flowers depending on who I''m sending flowers to.

Some of these "affiliate florists" are downright HORRIBLE. I reamed the company out and they promised to resend the bouquet...FROM THE SAME FLORIST. I said NO - that''s the problem. Send from another florist. Their response? "They are the only affiliate florist in your recipient''s area."

From then on I have stopped sending flowers from these companies. Now I shop directly from the grower, or call a local florist in the area. It''s freaking ridiculous. A mix of white and red roses is NOT THE SAME as a bouquet of pink ones. You should ream them out.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is way off from what he ordered. I''m surprised they didn''t offer to send you another bouquet and make it right???? It''s the thought that counts, yes, but all I can say is geez!!!!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
We too have had problems with both FTD.com and 1-800-Flowers. We don''t send flowers to too many people, so now when I do I just call a local florist.

My husband buys me flowers often and he gets the most wonderful bouquets from the grocery store!

Layne

Shiny_Rock
Having worked for several florist let me second that I would never order from FTD, 1800, or Teleflora unless it was a specific holiday item (Mother''s day, Vday, Christmas) and I was ordering several days/weeks in adavance. The florist is allowed to substitue whatever they want that is of "equal value" in the bouquets/planters, etc. For example, you see a beautiful large arrangement on the website for $50. Well, $50 goes alot further at the florist in the midwest than in NYC. Also, you are likely to be upcharged in delivery costs AND they tack on a $5-7 charge for just using their service. Better off to google a florist in the area you are needing and find out what they have and what price points you can work from.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a huge fan of Martha Stewart, but when looking online for flowers to send, her website was the only one that didn''t show a few flowers with a bunch of greenery (of course the greenery is cheaper). It ran me about $80 for 25 roses and the receipient said that they were gorgeous, full blooms, they shipped directly from the grower in CA and were shipped Priority Fedex (early delivery - no time wasted wilting in the hot truck!) I would order from them again. Just to mention, there were a quite few choices with prices under the $80, that was for the 25 roses.

I am sorry that your bouquet was not what your fiancee ordered, but I do think that the thought was wonderful. Lucky girl! : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay this is a bummer for you of course, but what a huge dissapointment for you sweetie. He tries to do something nice and romantic, orders full bloom pink roses and gets dilvered buds of red and cream...poor thing. Really I would be asking for my money back.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 6:25:36 PM
Author: jellybean
We too have had problems with both FTD.com and 1-800-Flowers. We don''t send flowers to too many people, so now when I do I just call a local florist.

My husband buys me flowers often and he gets the most wonderful bouquets from the grocery store!
I have to admit, grocery store flowers aren''t bad at all! The ones from Costco are nice too (and cheap!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I buy roses at Costco all the time. They are priced well and are healthy. Some of the best one''s I''ve bought have been from Costco.
2.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Cool, Kaleigh. I''m thinking about buying roses in bulk from costco for our wedding. It''s like $14 for 2 dozen roses.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not had any real problems with FTD or 800 Flowers here in the Midwest. Yes, there have been substitutions - but the substitutions were great as well.

I will second the concept of working directly with a local florest if possible. Many years ago I visited a florest in a city and near to my G.F at the time and set up an arrangment. The fact that I visited the shop and talked to the shop owner made all the difference over the next couple of years. My G.F. told me that not only was she one of the few to get flowers in college - but that they were always "the best" flowers that arrived at the dorm.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results