shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone want to see the 1st wax of my ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
To bring everyone up to date, Michael Devlin has been working on making my e-ring using my inherited omc.
It will be a platinum bezel set, with little scrolls on the sides of the shank holding small accent diamonds. The pavillion will be pierced out to make it much lighter and delicate- where you see "white" on the sides of the pavillon it will cut-out. I have requested that the shank taper a little- right now it is 3.7mm all around, hoping it can taper to 3mm on the bottom. The bezel will also be slightly thinner, to show more of the diamond. The shank will be rounded slightly, as well.

I know the design is different than the beautiful pave, halos & solitaires we see often see here...guess we just decided to take a different path
2.gif

FYI: the ring in picture is for size comparison- it''s a cheap e-bay purchase that fits me perfectly so I sent it along to Michael and he''s using it for reference.

fff1stwax.jpg

Rube

Shiny_Rock
I love bezels. Can''t wait to see it finished!

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
Holy Sh**.....I LOVE IT!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Fountain...I think that design is really special and PERFECT way to showcase your OMC!

I love the higher shoulders and the side diamonds are so unique!!!

Truly...just fabulous... can''t wait to see the finished ring!!!!

widget

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOWZA. Talk about thinking outside the box! You reinvented boxes! I''m so impressed by your vision. It looks amazing and I can''t wait to see the finished product. How thrilling to have a one-of-a-kind sculpture around that heirloom stone.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Rube, Widget & Deco......THANK YOU for your kind words!!
I was a little nervous posting something in the rough, sometimes it''s really hard to visualize how well something will work and I knew I might open myself to criticism because it is different...oh well!

I''ll be sure to post again when I get the refined wax photos and when it''s done I''ll post a little comparison from idea stage through the end result to show how Michael worked with my ideas and made the perfect ring for ME
9.gif

Yayyyyyyyyyy...I''m really happy & excited right now!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
FFF,
I think it looks great, it will be amazing!!!! Yay for you!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!! I adore OMCs and bezels, so I think that is a great design for your stone! I absolutely cannot wait to see it finished!
30.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Very very lovely! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
That''s going to be so pretty when it is done, FountainFairfax!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oy! I never would have found this if you had not PMed me! You relly need to post this in SMTR...not many of us frequent JP and I know that a ton of people would want to drool of this! Congrats Miss FFF it is fantastic!!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2005 10:51:21 PM
Author: Matatora
Oy! I never would have found this if you had not PMed me! You relly need to post this in SMTR...not many of us frequent JP and I know that a ton of people would want to drool of this! Congrats Miss FFF it is fantastic!!!

Miss Matatora- I purposely didn''t post over on SMTR since the wax is still very rough and also because here on JP the design process & unconventional ideas always seems to be appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to share your very kind words (can everyone tell I''m feeling a bit anxious that it may not be very well-received on PS?) Oh, well- tough boogers!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
FF, it''s going to be gorgeous!!!
18.gif

And don''t worry, this ring will be VERY well received here on PS!
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
OMG, it''s going to be beautiful!!!!
30.gif
I love seeing work-in-progress pics. Keep them coming!!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am surprised he chose to show you the wax at this early stage - when the carving is not yet in place. Not that it is a good thing or a bad thing or something.

Can''t wait to see the next stage either!
1.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2005 10:31:09 AM
Author: valeria101
I am surprised he chose to show you the wax at this early stage - when the carving is not yet in place. Not that it is a good thing or a bad thing or something.

Can''t wait to see the next stage either!
1.gif

Ana- I guess he had to show me because there were some design changes & decisions that had to be made and Michael said its always easier to take more of the wax off than it is to put it back if he made a carving I wasn''t happy with. and I''m only posting these to share the process with everyone, I think its fun, its been a long time since I''ve had a ring designed just for me
2.gif

To see the beauty of some of Michael''s finished work just go to devlinjewelry.com . Due to some of his work being copied the site only shows a small portion of his work, but his skill and vision is evident!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: fountainfairfax
I''m only posting these to share the process with everyone, I think its fun
And I''m so glad you are!!!!!
3.gif
I think the "process" is almost as much fun as finally seeing the finished product...

(I loved looking at Devlin''s site...neat stuff! And he''s almost a neighbor of mine!)

widget

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
p06.jpg
This is just soo funky and I love that green stone!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That''s going to be really beautiful!

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
That can''t be the colour odf the wax can it?

If you like it now, wait until you see it!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Here are the newer pictures of her wax...the color is like frosted glass. 95% FFF Thread
fffwax95finished[1].jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I think it is going to be beautiful! Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results