shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily workout thread Thurs 9/15

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I got up at 6 this am, then sat on the couch for a few, then used the computer for another half hour...then I saw my poor gym clothes all laid out so nice, just waiting for me and guess what? I actually put them on and went to the gym and feel soooooo much better for having done that.

1 hr on treadmill, 3.0mph, fat-burning program- it said I burned 605 cal, who knows about that but I did concentrate on keeping my heart in the fat-burning range and I actually recovered faster than I had been, so I''m seeing some improvement on that front.

but one thing that does have me worried is now I feel shin splint pain
8.gif
I actually felt it earlier this week when I was walking fast to catch my train but today it was through almost the entire work out. Can anyone refresh my ailing memory as to what stretches I should be doing to keep the shin pain away? (hey, i just turned 37, cut this old lady some slack!)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Way to go FFF!!!! I just woke up! Hey it is only eight here and I dont have class until eleven! You have motivated me to change out of my skirt and blouse and put on some shorts and go jog before class. I can always print things out later. Way to lead by example!
36.gif

I am sorry about your shin splints, I will think about that during History and Systems....
7.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Morning ladies. No exercise for me today. The alarm went off at 6 AM as usual. I turned it off at 6 AM and 3 seconds... and fell back to sleep. My bf is convinced there was something in the drinks we had last night since he feel asleep as soon as we got home around 9:30 PM and I drifted off less than an hour later... and slept through the night which rarely happens. I over did it on the drinks last night, but managed not to eat too too badly. Baby steps...

FFF... so sorry about the shin splints. I have bad ones. Basic calf stretch help. You should ice them down when you''re done exercising, and massage your calfs and the ''shin muscles'' around the bone whenever you get a chance. Also, try to wear supportive shoes whenever you can (ie sneakers). Unfortunately, the best thing for them is to stay off the treadmill. Try to do other exercises. The treadmill will definitely not help. My trainer gave me a good visualization while walking -- fluffy feet. I tend to curl my toes severely while walking (hello stress) so it aggravates them more. So I have to walk with big fluffy feet -- I sometimes imagine that''s how puppies walk and that helps...

I would like to think I''m going to exercise tonight, but I just know that''s not going to happen. However, I did buy a ton of veggies at the market the other day, so tonight I''m going to steam them up in foil packets so I can have some for dinner and lunch tomorrow. I really love steamed veggies... but unless it''s in front of me I won''t search it out. So, I figure I''ll put them in front of me! Ugh... now I''m hungry and it''s not even 11 AM!
7.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Well I did 4.65 miles but spent to long in the shower... it was brutally hot/humid and my sunscreen got in my eyes. Hopefully classes will be light today.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 9:00:28 AM
Author:fountainfairfax
Ok, I got up at 6 this am, then sat on the couch for a few, then used the computer for another half hour...then I saw my poor gym clothes all laid out so nice, just waiting for me and guess what? I actually put them on and went to the gym and feel soooooo much better for having done that.

1 hr on treadmill, 3.0mph, fat-burning program- it said I burned 605 cal, who knows about that but I did concentrate on keeping my heart in the fat-burning range and I actually recovered faster than I had been, so I''m seeing some improvement on that front.

but one thing that does have me worried is now I feel shin splint pain
8.gif
I actually felt it earlier this week when I was walking fast to catch my train but today it was through almost the entire work out. Can anyone refresh my ailing memory as to what stretches I should be doing to keep the shin pain away? (hey, i just turned 37, cut this old lady some slack!)

Try this link for tips on how to deal with shin splint pain: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_5/196.shtml

I have them too, unfortunately
8.gif
In fact, my right shin is acting up right now. I''m going to take 2 days off (or just do the bike) before my long run on Sat. Hopefully they won''t be too bad. Also, if you haven''t done so before, and are doing walking or running, you really should be fitted for proper shoes for your feet type. Often times shin splints are caused by weak muscles from flat or overpronating feet.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
This seems to work for me for shin-splnts after running too much on the treadmill: I get on the elliptical and pedal backwards instead of forwards, with medium resistance. After about 15 minutes or so, I''m ready to run again
:
1.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like we are all having a productive morning. I set the alarm for 5:30 and made my poor bf drop me off at the gym at 6. Did squats, lunges and resistaband arm excercises for 20 minutes, then a half hour on the eliptical. Felt good to do. Usually I dont work till 11 or so, but I had a meeting at 8, so this was alot to get done early for me.

I have even eaten fairly healthy. A hard boiled egg for breakfast and I just had one of those south beach diet wraps (they are boxed like lunchables, but seem much healthier!)

SO congratulations lady, seems as if we are picking up our pace.

n

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." W. Churchill

Okay so perhaps fitness and weight control not the inteded topic but I really think is suits our little thread!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Hell yeah!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I went another 7.16 miles with 15lbs on. It feels good to go with weights, It reminds me that I am carrying more than double that on my frame. I think once I cool down a bit, I will go again. I did not want to stop but I had run out of water and was really thirsty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results