shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Picking out groomsmen gifts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

huisman98

Rough_Rock
Well we are less than a month away and time is flying by. I still need to get groomsmen gifts (Actually having smal bridal party with just 1 groomsmen and a best man). Anybody hove any sugesstions. I am really struglling wiht this one? I have been going over it for weeks but I just can''t figure out what to get them. My budget is about $65 per person and I really don''t want to go with the money clip route (no offense, it is a fine gift but we are all in our 30s and have several from the many weddings over the years.) Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I have zero clue about the price, but my FI mentioned maybe getting his groomsmen a nice putter/golf club... or monogrammed beer steins & beer of the month club for 3-6 months... or a bottle of Johnny Walker Gold (about $75?) & monogrammed flasks (which I think are kinda cheesy... but I guess giving someone a bottle of expensive scotch may require that you also give them something with which to drink it?)... I dunno, I''m TERRIBLE at finding gifts for men...

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby got his groomsmen a decent sized bottle of Jager and one of the shot glasses that come in those sets from Mikasa. Needless to say, most of the Jager was drank during the reception!

Heres a pic of the shot glasses... a little nicer than the normal... esp since our crystal is from Mikasa too!

SW910810_L.jpg

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Our budget wasn''t as big as yours, but we got our groomsmen each a gift certificate to the Lettuce Entertain you restaurant chain. Since there are many of those restaurants around us, they thought it was great.

This may sound goofy but my husband got a certificate for Omaha Steaks once. He thought it was a pretty original idea.
2.gif

clammer

Shiny_Rock
We got our gm and bm watches from Overstock.com. We spend about $50 and got citizen and sekio. all were originally around $200. Everyone loved them. In fact I think everyone but one person was wearing them last time I saw them and the wedding was almost a year ago.

elephant

Shiny_Rock
One idea I had was to get them all really super nice poker sets? I heard of someone else getting them engraved cufflinks? What about a humidor? Ebay has some nice ones? Or a monogrammed men''s valet? (that is what they''re called, those things that men put their stuff in on dressers, yes?)

Try www.redenvelope.com -- they usually have some decent gift items that aren''t too cheesy....

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband bought a different gift for each guy. His BIL got a leatherman, his best friend got an engraved box with a dominoes set (he loves the dominoes), his other friend got an engraved Pen Set because he just became management at his job, and my brother got an engraved zippo and flask set that I let him pick out because he is a pyro and desperately wanted a flask, even though he actually fills it with powerade (he is such a dork sometimes).

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
my hubby got his groomsmen autographed pictures from each groomsmen favorite sportsteam or player... He found most of them on ebay then had them framed. I think some were a bit more than your budget, but you don''t neccerarily have to get autopgraphed ones, you can find cool memorbilia from each of their teams on ebay too-

Another guy friend got them each a jersey with their name on it from their favorite football team...I guess you can tell they are big on sports :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to Things Remembered and got each of them a silver watch keychain that was engraved with their name on it. Was definitely under $50 each, including engraving. Here''s a picture of them. Instead of doing monograms, I did each of their names.

thingsremem.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder why that didn''t show up. Trying again...there we go.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2005 10:45:08 PM
Author: ivanadiamond
my hubby got his groomsmen autographed pictures from each groomsmen favorite sportsteam or player... He found most of them on ebay then had them framed. I think some were a bit more than your budget, but you don''t neccerarily have to get autopgraphed ones, you can find cool memorbilia from each of their teams on ebay too-

Another guy friend got them each a jersey with their name on it from their favorite football team...I guess you can tell they are big on sports :)

i''m not into sports, but that''s pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results