shape
carat
color
clarity

PEA COAT!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I am craving a yummy Pea Coat!!! But I was unfortunately born with a lot of hips and a lot of BBOOOOTTTYYY~~~ (sucks)

So I am afraid that it will make me look horrible. I am only 5''3... so I know that the longer ones make me look short and stumpy. Here are two that I am looking at... what you think? Any experience with pea coats, how they fit? Suggestions?

double pea coat.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
here is the other!

pea coat.jpg

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I got a great pea coat from JCrew Petites last year- which I absolutely love (especially with a cool scarf). My advice to you is to go try on the pea coats first, since they are all cut so differently.

I can''t wait for the fall! Love the sweaters, and coats, and warm socks....and hot soup!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
I want a pea coat also, but I look fat in it. I don''t know why...maybe it''s because I have wide shoulder and big bones.
14.gif

saturn

Shiny_Rock
I''m only 5''1", and I have a peacoat that I''ve worn all winter long for several years now. I think if you get one that isn''t too long, it won''t make you look short. Definitely try it on before you buy.
I really like the first one you posted.
Hope you find one that''s perfect!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I love pea coats!!! I''m only 5''0" (w/ plenty of boobs, hips, & boooooooty) and I think they look rather flattering on me (if I do say so myself...
28.gif
). I agree that it''s really a matter of getting a good fit & not too long. I seriously have like... 6 pea coats: dark charcoal grey, light grey, red, black, light blue, & pink. I know, I have a serious problem... I have so many coats that they don''t all fit in the coat closet... I just love coats so much... Weird huh? It''s not even that cold for very long here...

I like the first one you posted as well, but think that you should try a bunch on. For me, the more tailored, less boxy looks really good - anything that is cut too straight or does not show my waist at all doesn''t look right.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Just looked again - definitely the first style - more modern styling & shorter length will look better as well as the vertical pockets. The second one just looks too long for someone that is petite - plus the cuffs & horizontal pockets w/ flaps look kinda dated to me, and I try to avoid turned up cuffs on sleeves & pant legs as they are usually bad for shorties!
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Choose black.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Ack! I love pea coats!! I''d get two. One in red and one in black...but that''s just me.
emembarrassed.gif
9.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the second one you posted (the black and orange colored ones) would most likely be the most flattering for your body type. I am like you - I am short (5''2") and curvy, so I have the same problem finding a good coat. The reason I think those coats I mentioned would be best for you is because from the pic, they look like they taper in a little bit at the waist, and they are of medium length (not too long or short). This will be best because the jacket will define your waist and the length will elongate you - making you look slender and curvy instead of short and boxy, like those the jackets in the first pic look. The jacket should ideally end somewhere between your waist and your knee ( mid-thigh) and have a slight taper in the waist. Also make sure the shoulders are softly rounded and not "shoulder-pad" looking - adding bulk to the shoulders will make you look like a short and stocky football player - not very attractive!! Hope this helps, it''s what I''ve been doing with my coats for years and I have some real cute coats now that really flatter a shortie like me!
2.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Tried on PEa coats this weekend and unfortunately.. it was a bit aof a tragic event. I don''t think I like the squared shoulder thing... Makes me look like a short Fball player...
14.gif
OH well....... Thanks for everyone''s advice.. I love the pae coat.. they are soooo sophistocated.

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
i just received a sundance catalog this afternoon. i don''t know whether any of you are into that casual style. i lead a very casual life and like a lot of their stuff. the reason i am posting is the current sd catalog has a couple of leather pea coats and a really cute casual leather jacket. i don''t have the capabilities to post these but if anyone is interested they can check the catalog or the website. banjo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results