shape
carat
color
clarity

Friday 8/12 Daily Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
TGIF!!!!! Hello to all!!!!

Although I slept later than intended I made it to the gym and did the fat burning thing on the treadmill for an hour. Between people watching, closed caption on the tvs and some innocent evesdropping
3.gif
, the time does pass rather fast.

Because I was slacking off this week, I stepped on the scale to see where I am- no weight loss so far this week but no gain either. I''m not disappointed because I can''t claim to have made any great effort in the last 4-5 days. Maybe a weekend of being good will bring a small reward come Monday
2.gif

Hope everyone has a great day!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
A whole weekend of being good or just Sunday?
31.gif
Of to hell with me.
11.gif
12.gif

Nice work hitting the gym this morning! FFF!
Ladies BG made a comment about propel and drinking whi9le exercising. It is recommend that for every 30min you exercise you consume a MIN of 8ozs of water in order to stay hydrated.

We went out to dinner last night and I did good, for me. I love all deep fried things and I was good and ate about half of my filet. I might have eaten more but the waiter only refilled my tea (un-sweet) twice and I dont like to eat with out having a sip. Oh how I wanted a Texas Rose, but Jeffrey was a good BF and told me no.
We rented a couple of movie last night at Blockbuster I was thinking I could try the whole watching TV/Exercising combo. I just dont feel comfertable swimming when there are men at the house. Perhaps I will use the treadmill today. Hmm.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I''m taking today off, as I''ve worked out hard this week and my shin splints are telling me about it.

Do any of you ladies notice that the more you workout, the MORE weight you gain? When I''ve skipped a few workouts or eaten badly, I actually lose weight. It''s inexplicable. Someone told me that perhaps it has something to do with the glycogen my muscles are producing stores more water or something like that. My clothes still fit but that scale!
32.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard that it is because you increase muscle when you workout a lot and lose more fat, but that muscle weighs heavier than fat, so you will look trimmer and more toned but won''t necessarily weigh less. As long as your clothes fit better - Hooray and well done!
36.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I think muscle is denser than fat, not necessarily heavier, since a pound is a pound is a pound. Since it''s denser, the muscle just takes up less room than the fat. I guess what I''m more talking about is how after a workout, I''ll be (just for example) 127-128 and continue to hold there as long as I workout, but if I don''t exercise for a couple of days straight, my weight will fall like 3 pounds.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You hit the nail on the head better than I did! I find also if I have a good scoff
6.gif
and have been dieting for a while and have hit a plateau, I can drop 4 or 5 pounds just like that. I don't know if it gives my metabolism a jolt, but it is weird too. I don't dare try it too often though, it is just a nice side effect of cheating!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Exactly! I find too that when I eat junk food or haven''t watched portions, my weight also goes down! So I say eating badly and no exercise are the key to losing weight!
36.gif
(I wish.)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah baby!!!!!
36.gif
31.gif
9.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies.

I had my trainer this morning. Kicked my butt, as usual. I have my homework for the days that I'm not seeing her. So my goal is to stick with it and work out at least twice before next Wednesday. It sounds so easy, but I have so little motivation when it's just me. I'm doing lots of leg exercises, which I've never really done before since I'm quadzilla as it is and was afraid to bulk them up. But my trainer assures me that although lunges are evil, they are very effective! She's going to design a pool workout for me soon... but I'm a little nervous about being in a bathing suit around her as she is tall and beautiful and has a dancers body. Why couldn't I have stuck to ballet when I was four!!!

I also find that when I"ve been workout out for a while that if I take a break for a couple of weeks, I'll lose some weight. It seem so counter intuitive, but it's always the case with me for some reason. I always get a mental picture of my body working so hard to keep up with the exercise that when I stop, it keeps working hard, but now to digest all the food... I'm odd, what can I say!

Keep up the great work!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ya''ll are cracking me up! I think my next diet will be the cheese fries and TV diet....I wish!
AP- You can do it! What two days are you going to work out? Are you going to leave a space inbetween what about today and Sun? Or Sat/Mon? You could always work out more! Dont worry about what your trainer looks like. Remember her body is her job.

Keep up the good work ladies! Every little bit counts in the long run!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 11:39:38 AM
Author: Matatora
Dont worry about what your trainer looks like. Remember her body is her job.

Good point Matatora!

I haven''t worked out yet today - may just have to try to work in a video later. We are supposed to go to a shrimp boil here in a little bit it looks like thunderstorms are moving in (yay!! it''s so hot & hasn''t rained in weeks...).

I did go shopping today & got just a little bit of exercise - I forgot that a movie is being filmed in our mall... so in order to avoid the filming & the risk having my fat a$$ forever preserved on film, I had to walk all around the periphery of the mall in order to get to where I needed to go.
2.gif

Keep up all the great work & remember to drink your water!! Or Propel!!
36.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Haha... I was going through some of my photos and had to post this. This was my cousin''s 16th birthday (5 years ago) & she''d just gotten her belly button pierced & so we took pictures of our navals... My "former" tummy is the one on the right... And I remember I''d just had an 8 oz. filet, peel ''n'' eat shrimp & a loaded baked potato. Those were the days!! So, this is my goal - to get my tummy to even somewhat resemble it''s former ''glory days''!!
28.gif

navals.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Went swimming for about an hour and a half...whew! Full body workout!
Teebee- I am soo jealous right now your tummy is insane.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora - please keep in mind that is no longer my tummy...
39.gif
that *was* my tummy 5 years ago & no longer bears any resemblance to that photo... seriously... it just made me laugh that I used to be that thin... then it made me cry... no, actually I''m not a cryer - but if I were, I would have...

Way to go on the swimming - that is such a great workout!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
WOW Teebee - I don''t think my tummy ever looked like that, even when I was a ballet dancer in high school!! I am so impressed...

OK ladies, nothing earth-shaking to report, skipped a couple of workouts this week because of family stuff and ''cause my kitty scratched me really badly right where my sports bras dig in and the thought of sweating over that was more than I could handle.

I''ve also been desperately trying to sell the wedding dress I bought because I found one that I LOVE. I can''t stop thinking about it and how perfect it will be to get married in it, which I think means it must be the ONE!!
36.gif

Check it out in BWW forum here:
AG''s Dress

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Teebee- I am still uber jealous, even when I was little I always had the belly flab. If my tummy had ever looked like that I would frame it and put it up on the wall.
Though I can see your side too, it would suck to have to look at the picture and not have it match you stomach now.
AG- I love your dress! That bustle is quite spiffy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results