shape
carat
color
clarity

Thursday 8/11 daily workout thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, ladies, how''s it going????

I hope I can count my NYC walking with Matatora yesterday as exercise, cause this week I have been bad, bad, bad
11.gif

I only went to the gym Monday...I really need to get back there tonight after work to get "back on the plan" I''m still motivated, I haven''t given up but I did let my very specific food journaling slack for the last two days and I need to get back in the habit RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Having said that, I just opened a bottle of water and broke out the journal...just a small slip of habit for a short period of time.

I WILL NOT DERAIL FROM MY SUCCESS
9.gif

Wishing you all a great night!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
No gym for me today (unless I get inspired later, but that''s unlikely). I might get off the subway a stop or two early and walk the rest of the way home. Unfortunately, I don''t have sneakers with me so I''ll probably have to suffer through some blisters if I do that...

I see my trainer again tomorrow... is it weird or twisted that I''m excited to work out??? Never felt that way before! I''m not as sore today as I thought I should be after yesterday''s workout... can''t decide if that''s a good or bad thing.

FFF -- keep up the good work. A little slip is just that... The director of the training center I use told it to me in a way that made a lot of sense to me:

If you''re super tired and you go to bed one night without brushing your teeth, you don''t wait up the next day and say, ''ugh, well, I skipped it last night, I might as well skip it today and tomorrow and forever...'' You get back in that bathroom and brush, brush, brush. Same for the gym and food journal!
36.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Oh, I love your winning attitude! I may have to print out "I WILL NOT DERAIL FROM MY SUCCESS". I like derail much better than the word fail or any of the other negative words like that.

All in all I have not been doing so well lately. I had hectic, stressful couple of weeks and I did not watch what I ate or exercise enough to compenste and am therefore up a few pounds.
7.gif
Also, getting a personal trainor has not been as easy as I thought it would be. I emailed the contact guy a couple of days ago, but I have not heard back from anyone. I guess I will have to call or go in person. I would rather have signed up for one through emails. I'm always really intimidated by hard core gym people.

Oh, and I'm playing softball tonight, so I guess that counts as light exercise.

ETA: AP - that's really cool that you are pumped for going to the gym!!!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone :)

I stayed home from work today b/c I was awoken at 4:30 AM with awful cramps
38.gif
. I finaly felt a little bit better by 3:30 PM in order to haul my butt to the gym. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then I did 10 minutes on the treadmill. I was so excited - I ran 8 minutes straight without stopping!!
36.gif
I am awful runner and usually stop after 2 minutes, so it was a pretty good accomplishment for me!

Keep up the good work everyone!

AmandaPanda: I look forward to my workouts once I am actually at the gym - so congratulations on finding something that makes you so excited!

FFF: You will get back into your groove & you WILL acheive your goals - good luck!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Amanda- How cool that you're feeling so great about working out!!!!! Good for you, you totally deserve to have the body, health and fitness that you want.

I love that tooth-brushing analogy- it totally puts the occasional little slip into perspective! I'll continue to use that as I continue my journey.......thanks for that reminder & insight
9.gif

eta: thanks Buena & Asscher for your kind words
1.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I made it to the gym today (wow, 2 days in a row!) & spent some time on the arctrainer & the stationary bike.... But I just polished off a small can of Wasabi Peas...
7.gif
I''m sure that is not the worst snack... but I''m not sure about it''s nutritional value in the grand scheme of things. Now I''m drinking water.

FFF - I find the food journal extremely helpful to me as well. Way to stay on track!

AP - I''m excited that you''re excited!! I think a great trainer can really be a tremendous motivator - I know that I was always more excited when I had a trainer because I looked forward to her encouragement, creativity (mixing it up & teaching me new exercises), and having someone tracking my progress (she kept track & pointed out when I was able to lift more weight than I''d been able to lift the previous week/month). I love that analogy - perfect!

BG - I''m intimidated by hardcore gym people too... I got over it for a while when I had a gym that I really loved - but there aren''t any gyms like that where I live now & that sucks. Good luck on your continued search for a trainer - a good one is worth his/her weight in gold!

AG - 8 minutes is a huge accomplishment!! I''m not a runner either - 1 minute & I think I''m going to die. My younger cousin ran in her first marathon a few months ago & I was just astonished to see people that can run that far/that long - it''s unfathomable to me!! And you did 40 minutes total so that''s awesome!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
8 minutes that kicks bum! Very nice AG!
Teebee- Two days in a row is great! And washabi peas sounds better then cheese fries. Just look at it that way, your body is craving healthy foods.
FFF- umm I am with you there. But the more time I spend with you the more I bleive that this program will work for you. You are a strong woman and you can do this!
BG- I made up a list of questions when I went to look at trainers.
What sort of trianing do you have? Are you accrediated by anyone? How long have you been doing this? What do you think my goal should be? Tell them your actual goals? What sort of time line should we be looking at for my goals? And then the boring ones, cost, times and other info they think you need?

This morning I woke up really dehydrated and I drank 4 or 5 bottles of water before even brushing my teeth. I got my suit on to do laps but the landscapers showed up to finish somethings and I didnt want them to see me in my swimsuit.
emembarrassed.gif
I am such a chicken.
I have realized that I will not be able to keep things like goldfish and what not in my apt. This week has just been weird. I do okay until like 9/10 o''clock at night and then I just lose my self control. It is so lame of me. I wanted to take all the junk and throw it away but that wouldnt be fair to my siblings. I mean pancakes are not bad foods for young children to be eating. To be honest I have gained back the weight I lost last week. Part of me is upset becuase that means there is no way I will be in the 150''s to go back to AL and part of me is still believing I can get below 130 by Christmas. It sounds so minor when I see the numbers.
I may or may not exercise tonight, I have to go out AGAIN and I have no clue what time I wll be home.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 6:12:47 PM
Author: Matatora
8 minutes that kicks bum! Very nice AG!
Teebee- Two days in a row is great! And washabi peas sounds better then cheese fries. Just look at it that way, your body is craving healthy foods.
FFF- umm I am with you there. But the more time I spend with you the more I bleive that this program will work for you. You are a strong woman and you can do this!
BG- I made up a list of questions when I went to look at trainers.
What sort of trianing do you have? Are you accrediated by anyone? How long have you been doing this? What do you think my goal should be? Tell them your actual goals? What sort of time line should we be looking at for my goals? And then the boring ones, cost, times and other info they think you need?

This morning I woke up really dehydrated and I drank 4 or 5 bottles of water before even brushing my teeth. I got my suit on to do laps but the landscapers showed up to finish somethings and I didnt want them to see me in my swimsuit.
emembarrassed.gif
I am such a chicken.
I have realized that I will not be able to keep things like goldfish and what not in my apt. This week has just been weird. I do okay until like 9/10 o''clock at night and then I just lose my self control. It is so lame of me. I wanted to take all the junk and throw it away but that wouldnt be fair to my siblings. I mean pancakes are not bad foods for young children to be eating. To be honest I have gained back the weight I lost last week. Part of me is upset becuase that means there is no way I will be in the 150''s to go back to AL and part of me is still believing I can get below 130 by Christmas. It sounds so minor when I see the numbers.
I may or may not exercise tonight, I have to go out AGAIN and I have no clue what time I wll be home.
Matatora- Honey, you will still be able to do it!!!!! I want you to give the scale a break until Monday! You haven''t gained back the weight, you probably are retaining a lot of water because we were walking in the heat all day yesterday, your body clings to everything it can when you''re thirsty, too- and you didn''t do bad at all with the eating when we were together!! Soon you''ll be walking all over campus (god, I miss that life) and you''ll be able to control the food you bring into the apartment, too. You only have one more week of home life and then you can totally control the junk...and you won''t have to banish everything, including goldfish
3.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t remember if I mentioned this before, but earlier this summer my b/f''s doctor recommended to him that he drink a bottle of Propel every day that he played sports/exercised. It''s a clear, flavored water made by Gatorade and is packed with electrolytes. I''ve been drinking it this past month and I must say that I do feel at least a small boost when I drink it. Plus, I think it is only about 10 or 20 calories per bottle.

So far, b/f loves it! His is a hard core sports player, and had been getting dizzy and light headed during some of his games in this grueling heat/humidity. He had also had upper body pains and heart racing. He says he feels a bit better now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results