shape
carat
color
clarity

End of Summer Shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that all the fall stores are getting their goods, and they are putting all the summer goodies on sale, I have been a crazy shopping fiend! Add that we are going to FL at end of August for a family birthday/reunion thing on Greg's side and suddenly my wardrobe seemed like it need some serious jazzing up.
31.gif

I snagged the last few pairs of Charlotte pants (returns) in pink and grey from ShopBop even though they didn't have Chocolate Brown for me...and I wanted another black but it was sold out. Also Juicy is having a big sale on SB as well so I got a few things from there, terry keyhole tank, another dressier halter and their pullover V hoodie more for fall in terry.

Visited Loehmann's and got a pair of those cutie gaucho pants that are so popular now, they look swimmingly on me EXCEPT that they hit at a weird place on my calf which makes me look like I've got cankles! UGH! So I'll have to figure out what to do there, maybe high heels will slim out the ankle visually a bit more than flip flops. Oh and a few other Juicy deals at Loehmanns' including two cutie very thin soft jersey material wide strap tanks in a turquoise and a black!

Then I come home and lo and behold JCrew is having a 40% off sale price sale! So I buy two bikinis and a pair of shorts and something else I can't remember now and call it a day!

Now I just want to order a few pairs of Victoria's Secret flip flops, love their colors, maybe a pair of heels or two, and I am eyeing a pair of Charltotte Russe black linen capris on eBay so we'll see.
27.gif

Anyone else going nuts with summer stuff?! Or is house stuff trumping all the clothes purchases? Somehow I am 'managing' to do both...
12.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought a Burberry purse 50% off. I got a pair of Jones of New York capris for 70% off and a couple tee shirts by RL at 60% off. Seems like everything is on sale. Yippee!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven''t bought any new clothes for myself, but I have been crazy ebay shopping looking for stuff for the baby''s room.

As I mentioned on another post- I bought a PBK''s rug for the room, but have yet to receive it. I got that for $290 and it retails for $599 on the PBK''s website. The problem is, I purchased it on July 1st and I still don''t have it.
The seller tried to ship it out to me twice and it somehow got lost by UPS. I hope the third times the charm, either that or something is really screwy with this seller.

After I bought the rug, I went ahead and bid on the matching crib set, with matching lamp and nightlight, etc. 10 pieces in all for $315. Then I purchased a bunch of wall art to match the set, another $200. Then I bought a PB curtain rod, and a shade and diaper stacker, another $100.
All PBK''s stuff and all on ebay.
I then found a set of PBK pink silk curtains that I liked better than the shade, so I bid on that too. I got a great deal on that as well, the pair would have cost me about $165, I got both of them for $44!

Our 12th anniversary was this past month and as an early baby present my husband let me purchase a new Roberto Coin pendant, a tiny treasure heart pendant that I got on ebay for $165. It retails for $320. This was the original pendant I wanted to get last year for my birthday, but I got the star pendant instead because the heart seemed kind of tiny. But since it was half the price, I decided it was a good deal.
Besides, my daughter wears the star all the time now!
I checked it with my loupe and it has the right RC mark, so I know it is authentic.
Then, I found the heart earrings that match on ebay and I got those for $221. They retail for $650.
I just won those, so they won''t be shipped out until Monday.

And last but not least, I found a 2.9 bezel set oval ceylon sapphire ring with two tiny bezel set diamonds in white gold for an amazing price and I am getting that as well. IT should actually come today.

I still have a bunch of stuff to get for the baby as is. I got a new car seat, window blinds, plus other baby stuff that I am still waiting on in the mail.
There is also a bunch of PBK stuff I want to get for the baby''s room that I will just have to get at the actual store or by mail.

Having this baby is such an expense! I am glad I don''t have to buy any new furniture. We decided to use the old crib, but we did buy a new crib mattress. I will take the changing table from my daughter''s room and dresser, but that leaves her with just a toddler bed and an armoire.
My next big purchase, not now, but the beginning of next year, is new furniture for Kayla''s room.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Butterfly, Great deals on the baby stuff! Sure saved yourself a lot of money going that route!

Ok, so I hit the sidewalk sales this morning for the local boutiques & shops. My best purchase were getting my favorite petit bateau tshirts for $10/each instead of $35! I got hooked on those long ago on a trip to Europe and ever since I''ve worn them. I try to stock up every time I travel, because they''re only like $15 after converted back into dollars and knowing how cheap they really are I can''t bring myself to spend the $35 in the US! But $10 I bought all of the ones they had in my size, I didnt even care that 3 of them were in the same color
3.gif

They had soo much stuff that just wasn''t in my size, or else I would''ve been in trouble, like Diane von Furstenberg dresses for under $100, Sevens, Blue Cult, Citizens, Chip & Pepper & more branded jeans all marked down to $30, but they were all either way too large for me or too small or in wierd washes. Every tshirt or tank was $10-20, so Michael Stars, ella Moss, james perse, Juicy, Petit Bateau, others...they had some cute Ella Moss stuff, but I think I''ve maxed out on her stuff at this point, there is a hoodie that I want but can''t find anywhere, I think its from last year. Oh well, like I don''t have enough?

Mixed between are some chain stores, so at Banana I got another pair of these cute chinos with a satin sash/belt kind of thing for $30, my other pair was like $80, so that was a great price. However I havent even worn the first pair I bought since they''re too long on me and I havent gotten them hemmed. And then at Ann Taylor I got a pink cardigan for $18 and a purple little jacket that will look really cute with jeans for $15. I thought those two were goign to add up to around $80, thats what their tags said, but nope....I was shocked.

Can you imagine what I would''ve found if I could''ve gone on Friday instead of Saturday??? You have to go early or else there is nothing left, mid-day Saturday and you''re screwed!! I always look forward to the side walk sales every year though. They''re the best! You have to just be impulsive and buy what you want, because if you wait even 10 minutes it can be gone. I learned my lesson the hard way years ago.

Anyway, that made my day
1.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2005 2:04:29 PM
Author: Blue824
Butterfly, Great deals on the baby stuff! Sure saved yourself a lot of money going that route!

I am happy to say that I finally got the rug on Friday and it is fabulous!!!! It actually got shipped directly from the Pottery Barn Kids store in Tysons Square in Virginia.

I don''t know how this person was able to ship me a brand new rug from there for half the price.

I was a bit skeptical, so I called up the store and asked them what the price of the rug was and they told me $599! i even asked if they were an outlet store, but they said they were an actual retail store, so I don''t know what is going on!

How it''s possible that I paid only $290 beats me!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice, love hearing about all the deals you gals are getting!!

am sad to say a few of the juicy items i got from shopbop are TOO BIG...well i guess that''s a good problem to have...but i''ll have to return them. jcrew shipment should arrive in a day or two so we''ll how i did on there!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2005 1:13:03 PM
Author:Mara
Mara''s incredibly huge list of stuff she bought...
12.gif

I might buy myself some more jeans....more tshirts....maybe another pair of running shoes....maybe some steel toed boots....and maybe a new coat...a purse.

But probably not.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2005 1:13:03 PM
Author:Mara
Now that all the fall
Anyone else going nuts with summer stuff?! Or is house stuff trumping all the clothes purchases? Somehow I am 'managing' to do both...
12.gif
House is definetly trumping ALL shopping. I've hunted for good sales on clothes, bought one pair of super cozy/yet sexy fitting jeans at full price - lol - but no other clothing has caught my eye because my mind is drowning in house planning. I've found some 400 TC sheets for $49.99 and am still thinking about towels and other little stuff (because the littler stuff is easier than the big purchases which I'm still too undecided on)

We got our appraisal done on the house and it turns out is *2656* square feet, which is great and all, but the fact is we moved most of our stuff in and the place is still empty. We bought two couch sets and the kids room is decked out, but the rest of the house, including the walls, is bare and our voices echo from room to room when ever we speak out.

ANYWAY - How well do Juicey outfits go (generally) according to size? Maybe I should check out SB before my credit card is maxed out with house paraphenelia?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find that Juicy fits pretty true to size depending on what you are getting. aka I can wear a M or L in either the tops or bottoms depending on how I want it to fit. But the latest batch of tops I got from SB were all Large and 1/2 of them were too big so I have to return them. For a LS top, I would do a medium and I think you are smaller than me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

prada clothing and miss sixty jeans (60-/70% off); hubby got a Paul Smith suit

slb

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, on a shopping related note albeit not in the US, I got these fabulous thongs in Bangkok for a steal. They cost Bht 199 per pair which is around US$5! They come in all colours - red, orange, pink, black, white, purple, blue, teal etc and are very comfortable to wear.

BKKslippers.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE those shoes DiaDiva!!

When we were in Tahiti last year, I got the cutest pair of flip flops with crystal straps and they broke after a month..I was SO upset. I should have gotten 3 pairs too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Killing time here waiting for the painters, naturally my mind gravitates to ....shopping. So I hit the NM website and their 65% sale is in progress--which begs the question, how many women (here) really shop online for CLOTHING? I now know folks buy jewellery & handbags/accessories, but clothing? I mean, unless you are buying duplicates of something familiar, I think buying clothing would be very risky with sizing, etc...seems like the potential for a lot of tooing and froing if you needed to exchange, and for a Canadian shopping across border like me, it just doesn''t make sense....

cheers--Sharon

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I dont buy online unless I already own the brand or have tried the EXACT thing on in a store. Even then, I try to do it from stores where if I need to return it I can do so at a retail store and not have to ship it back. I guess I''m too lazy
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results