shape
carat
color
clarity

In need of some good oil control skin products!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ladies, I need to know what you have found to be tried and true to really help mattify your oily skin, and control shine and oil. I swear I powder up and I am shiny 30 minutes later, its so gross. I have tried everything, all the mattifying gels and lotions, from MAC to Mary Kay, blotting papers, mattifying makeup and powder, toners, etc. Nothing seems to really work. Maybe my skin is just hopeless! I am getting married and I really want to know if there is something to use that will really keep my makeup fresh that day, but really every day!

Ive even been using retin a and even when it dries my skin out, its still greasy! yuck-o.

thanks in advance. i''m willing to try anything regardless of cost.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve used a couple of things but the ones that work well for me is MAC compressed powder (which you say you''ve tried and don''t like) but I''ve also used something from Smashbox that works really well. Here''s the link:

http://www.smashbox.com/details.asp?style=CANTI-SHN

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
oooh I have never tried MAC''s pressed powder, only their mattifying gel which made my skin feel heavy. I might have to check that one out!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I love Sonia Kashuk''s pressed powder, which can be found at Target. All of her products are really high-end quality without the price. The powder never fails to keep me without shine.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I hear ya PunchNPie!!!

I hate having oily skin. Sometimes I just feel so disgusting I don''t know what''s wrong with me. We shouldn''t be worried about the oil supply because we can just use my face! I know I have oily skin, and theres no miracle product that will change it, but I think I''ve found some products that have helped me control it. I still get oily, but find that i can just blot a little and then dust with the powder and be good for a while longer.

- Not using a combination sunblock/moisturizer. Its always been too much for my skin. I do use sunblock daily but I used one from my dermatologist and just recently switched to the Neutrogena Sheer sunblock. Works great, so light weight. I know they say to use moisturizer, but it is just trouble on my skin.

- MAC studio finish pressed powder. I''m not sure if that''s what you''ve tried, however, when I apply it with the pad its too heavy and looks fake/chalky on my skin, so I only use it with a brush to get a dusting of it. I have a small purse brush that is almost always with me. Really, world of difference between the sponge/pad thing and the brush.

- Clean & clear blotting papers. Great for throwing in the purse for a quick touch up. I have packs everywhere, like in every purse I own and in my car. Hehe, I can''t go anywhere with out them!

- Clinque has a mattifier product I used to use, it was good, I dont know why I stopped buying it. Small tube, I want to say it was like $20 but it lasts a while.

- Dermalogica. When I first started using them I bought an oily skin package and it had trial sizes of the products recommended including an oil control lotion (which I guess is also oil absorbing). I have enjoyed using the lotion. I also use their anti-bac skin wash, but their dermal clay cleanser is supposed to be awesome for oily skin. I have yet to use it, when I get through my industrial size anti-bac maybe I''ll try it.

- I used to use a Nivea oil control cleanser and was happy with it. I change up so frequently though.

For your wedding day, I recommend speaking with your dermatologist. Maybe there is some product or treatment they can do. Some products might be too harsh for an every day use that they know of, but for an important all day event maybe they''ll do it. I''ve heard of people getting botox injections in their arm pits to stop sweating for the day, so there has to be some crazy thing for oily skin.

Anyway, best of luck. I know how frustrating it is. Please share if you find a gem of a product. They''re hard to find.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had this problem on and off for years
14.gif
The only thing I find that works is amazingly ,Clinique City Block sunscreen. I started using this for sun protection under makeup and noticed how much better my makeup stayed on with it. Might be worth a try, it''s so hard to find anything that helps.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I have oily skin too, and I love Porcelaine by Aromaleigh. www.aromaleigh.com
It''s a mineral powder that absorbs oil like crazy.
I too have tried almost every oil control product on earth, and most of them don''t work. This stuff is great. Aromaleigh''s mineral makeup is great as well, their Voile is very matte and oil absorbent, while not being chalky and mask-like. They have something like 40 shades to choose from.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I too have very oily skin and have tried many products, as absurd as this is, I stock up on the cheapest paper napkins I can find and blot with them. They work far better than any oil blotting paper I have ever used. I don''t think that the mattifying gels work (at least the ones I tried from Clinique and Lancome did not do anything for reducing/ mattifying the amount of oil my skin produces.) I have also read that if you don''t moisturise, then your skin overcompensates by producing more oil. A great moisturiser I found is the Superdefence by Clinique. I hate a moisturiser that makes me look shiny, who the hell needs more shine?? The Superdefence goes right in and has a matte appearance.

If anyone finds a magic product, let us know : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My friend recommends Clinac OC, which is an OTC topical. http://www.acne-products.info/buy/48.html

She swears by it. I''ll have to try it out myself.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have the same problem. For my outdoor July 3 wedding I used Laura Mercier primer with Bare Escentuals foundation. I also kept blotting papers nearby which work much better than caking on more powder. I find the Bare Escentuals/Minerals stuff helps a lot because it is not already oily like most foundations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results