shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommend a Local Jeweler

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asblackrock

Shiny_Rock
No one has mentioned Gary .
If you are in Melbourne Australia, his "Precious Metals" stores are in Church Street Brighton and Canterbury Road. I am still thrilled with the ring setting he had made for my diamond in January.
9.gif

His staff are very pleasant and helpful.

I had a pair of emerald earrings reset by Platinumsmith in May and am also very happy with his workmanship.
21.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Kaleigh! I was also in Kellmer's on Tuesday! (
11.gif
Warning: keep your hands off that D color 1.92 carat Royal Asscher in the halo setting with the trapezoid sides!!!
11.gif
) Another Philadlelphia jeweler with a good reputation is Craig Drake

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem, Madame Bijoux. I am buying mine from GOG!!!! But having Bernie Robbins do a custom setting!!!
36.gif

ETA: I did try on that ring though, it's beautiful!!!!!
30.gif

Tony S.

Rough_Rock
Kaliegh,

Who are you working with over at Bernie Robbins. I dealt with Michelle..she was really a fun person.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tony,
I just got off the phone with Michele while reading this. Yes she''s great. I just called her to give her the demensions of my stone. Now waiting for estimates, but I know the ball park and it''s great. I really like Michele and had not worked with her before. I usually work with Sandy, but she wasn''t there today.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I have to give a two thumbs up for Tivol in the Kansas City area. www.tivol.com

We bought our center stone from GOG (kudos to them also!
emthup.gif
), but wanted to work with a local jeweler for the setting in case of any problems, inspections, etc. The first jeweler we called would not guarantee their work since the diamond was not theirs.
Okay, on to the next, which just happened to be Tivol. Great service, polite, attentive and never pushy sales reps and free beverages as we made our decision. We ended up with a Scott Kay 3 stone setting which was set with my GOG stone and on my finger in 3 days!

The kicker however was just this past week when one of my surprise diamonds fell out. I took it in, fully expecting to pay for the diamond and labor. Well, they were terrific. Fixed it free of charge, including the diamond (of course it was only a .02, but it was still a nice surprise). I would highly recommend them. They have been in the KC area since 1910 and carry many different designers that are not on their website: Michael B., Scott Kay, Stardust(?), Trew Tungston (sp?) among others.

36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, Madame and Tony, you guys are live in or around where I do. There are some places to get antique stuff, but I think the three we mentioned are safe bets. I got an emerald cut eternity band from Craig Drakes, 12 carats, nice color and quality, but I think they really are on the manufacturing end of things now. I know a couple of the owners and feel safe since I know our paths cross and as you guys must know it is a small town here really, and no one will last if they mess with the Main Line customer base, or any customers for that matter. I have a decent sense of trust, as a layperson who loves jewels and has a GIA certified gemologist in the family. I just don''t see them playing games, their reputations are too hard earned for that...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, DiamondFan. I was wondering what was going on with Craig Drake''s business. Their website is beautiful and they advertise in the Academy Ball program book as though they''re open to the public, but they didn''t reply to e-mails or phone messages.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are doing more wholesale. If you pm me, I might be able to hook you up. I know where their office is, and might be able to make a call depending...so pm and we can figure it out...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Diamondfan. I''m afraid I''ll have to wait a little while. I just found out that I have to have a very large tree branch removed - it''s breaking at the trunk and part of it is on top of an electric wire. Tree surgeons cost nearly as much as baubles do these days.
8.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is true! Well, I am around if you want to ever pm me and get the information...I am happy to do it when you are ready.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Pearlmans Jewelers in Battle Creek Michigan! They are the best for high end, designer pieces.

Bill is wonderful to work with and offers very aggressive pricing.

diamondman

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 1:56:25 PM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury
Any recommendations in Virginia Beach?
By far the best jewelry store in va beach is David Nygaard Fine jewelers with 3 locations. He and his staff have a vast knowledge of diamonds and are all gemologists. His ethics are second to none. His store is one of the things that make Va beach a great place to live.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
I highly recommend John at Princess Jewelers for custom work. They send their work to a guy that has a 5 axis machine and can get your design done right. I''m very picky and they actually used my own design. Plus for me!!!

Princess Jewelers is in Burnsville, MN which is just south of Minneapolis, Minnesota by just a bit.

I tried to work with Arthur''s in Roseville but they missed all their deadlines that they gave me for the custom work. I asked for my desposit back. They said they''d send it out the next day... well guess what, yup, missed that deadline just like when I was working with them. I called them a couple weeks later and they still hadn''t sent it yet. So I finally got a call several days after and they told me it was being sent that day. We''ll see if it''s true. I don''t suggest working with them at all. If you don''t mind deadlines not being met and have a lot of time, go with them. I gave them from the beginning of April and they weren''t able to produce a custom ring until the beginning of June. I pulled the plug though so I''m not even sure they would have had it done until mid-June.

Princess Jewelers, on the other hand, had it done in 2 weeks. Half of it was done without a centerstone either. They got that a week into their work and produced my ring. I''ll be taking it back to them for modifications per request of my fiance. (rounding the edges so they aren''t so sharp, etc.)

Hope someone can benefit from this info in the Twin Cities area.
jason (Ukieza)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results