shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond

LondonerMichael

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker here. First post but have been reading and learning from you for a while now. Finally getting close to the time that I'll propose to my girlfriend and wanted to get your thoughts and advice on a diamond that I've been considering.

I'd like to mount it on a simple platinum band and for this my jeweller is quoting me a price of $21k.

Do you think this is a good deal? From these statistics, do you think it would offer much brilliance (I will upload a picture of the diamond to follow - the GIA code is below).

Finally, my girlfriend has a finger size 6. If anyone here has an engagement ring in a similar size (and ideally similar finger size), I'd love to see some pictures to see proportions etc.

Key details

Cushion cut

Measurements
7.36mm x 6.73mm x 4.62mm

Carat Weight
1.83 carat

Color Grade
D

Clarity Grade
VS1

PROPORTIONS

Depth
68.6%

Table
60.0 %

Girdle
Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted

Culet
None

FINISH

Polish
Excellent

Symmetry
Very Good

GIA report: https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=6242759446

Many Thanks,
Michael

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cushion cuts (fancy shape diamonds) can not evaluated by the numbers. We need up close images, aset image and up close videos
are a big+. If you have any of these please post...or put the stone on hold and give us a link to where its posted.

Members of the trade (previous poster) are not allowed to comment on individual stones. Please ignore previous posts.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
tyty333|1488119910|4133844 said:
Cushion cuts (fancy shape diamonds) can not evaluated by the numbers. We need up close images, aset image and up close videos
are a big+. If you have any of these please post...or put the stone on hold and give us a link to where its posted.

<snip>

I was going to say just this. Well said tyty333.

Wink

LondonerMichael

Rough_Rock
Below is a blown up picture of the stone and a mapping of the inclusions from GIA.

Thanks,
Michael

6242759446_2.jpg

cliarty_2_0.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you request and aset image to see if they can get it for you?

Edit...Have you seen this stone in person?

Here is an image that shows the relative size of the stone on a size 6 finger (2mm shank on ring). The stone on the right is a
1 carat round.

one_eight_cushion.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, are you getting this stone in the US or are you actually in London londonmichael? This will have an affect on the price.

LondonerMichael

Rough_Rock
I'm in London but I frequently travel between London and NY, so i can but either this or another diamond where it is cheaper

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LondonerMichael|1488122998|4133864 said:

Although can't say for sure, the diamond appears to have mush facets under the table.
The light return quality right in the centre of the table and the edges of the table is significantly different.
The diamond is definitely exposed to bright white light from some angles , but the the edges of the table is reflecting none of it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results