shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love the setting and the centre stone Elle.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1459633934|4014735 said:
Just received confirmation from Gene that I got the blue-green Tourmaline - I e-mailed him immediately after completing the PayPal transaction (sorry Desertrose).

My first stone by Gene, and a blue-green Tourmaline, at long last!

DK :bigsmile:

Woohoo! Congrats DK!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks peeps!

Need to have the stone in hand first before deciding on the setting, however, it will be a halo, most likely to be this one (with a plain, curved and wider shank):

emerald-cut-engagement-rings-vintage.jpg

DK :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1459642833|4014759 said:
Thanks peeps!

Need to have the stone in hand first before deciding on the setting, however, it will be a halo, most likely to be this one (with a plain, curved and wider shank):

emerald-cut-engagement-rings-vintage.jpg

oh goodness, DK, I ADORE that setting! It's perfection! Who makes it???

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know who makes it, sorry, just a pic I found when Googling for EC rings years ago.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm so glad you got it DK :) That setting is gorgeous, can't wait to see it set!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Desertrose|1459644680|4014769 said:
I'm so glad you got it DK :) That setting is gorgeous, can't wait to see it set!

Thank you!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
This setting you picked is gorgeous as well. :love:

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock
dk168 said:
Just received confirmation from Gene that I got the blue-green Tourmaline - I e-mailed him immediately after completing the PayPal transaction (sorry Desertrose).

That tourmaline looks amazing :love: Congrats!

I may have bought the padparadscha... :halo:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
blushpeony|1459659119|4014814 said:
dk168 said:

That tourmaline looks amazing :love: Congrats!

I may have bought the padparadscha... :halo:

Congrats BlushPeony :appl: .

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great news dk! I am so glad you got it. Your stone will look fabulous in that setting.

Congrats blushpeony! Hope you indeed got the padparadscha.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That tourmaline is beautiful. And the setting is lovely. Good luck with them both.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did anyone here get one of the Mahenge Garnets that sold this week? I had to mop up a puddle of drool after seeing the larger one

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone grab one of Gene's newest cuts? I was late to the party so I got nada (guess that's what I get for going out for lunch :shock: ).
They were all gorgeous but that one on the left was really speaking to me. And that tanzi. :naughty:

img_1187.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Cranberry Spinel looks interesting. The Garnet looks STUNNING. Thanks for linking it's thread. :bigsmile:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elle_71125|1488728465|4136749 said:
Gene's latest stones are up.

I actually tried for the mahenge garnet (thanks JocoJenn for the heads up) so I will wait to see how that turns out.

:appl: Glad I happened to be looking at just the right moment, and my fingers are crossed it ends up being yours. ;-) :wavey:

ETA: He *may* have more gems coming also, since his email hasn't gone out yet. :think:

S

SparkliesLuver

To the person who got the .72ct ruby: PLEASE, PLEASE come back with pictures. I really want to know how it looks IRL. Thank you!

_39167.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1489581968|4140465 said:
To the person who got the .72ct ruby: PLEASE, PLEASE come back with pictures. I really want to know how it looks IRL. Thank you!

I'll second that! The video made that look amazing. :love: :love:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
elle_71125|1489582859|4140468 said:
SparkliesLuver|1489581968|4140465 said:

I'll second that! The video made that look amazing. :love: :love:

I'll try, but I'm terrible at pictures.

S

SparkliesLuver

Poodles4me said:

Thank you!!! :appl: That's alright - pictures with a written description would be very helpful. Can't wait for you to get it!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1489588413|4140492 said:
Poodles4me said:

Thank you!!! :appl: That's alright - pictures with a written description would be very helpful. Can't wait for you to get it!

I only have my antiquated BlackBerry phone :lol: but I will do my best. It may take a little while to get as I'm in Canada and packages sometimes get hung up in Customs for a bit. I will be sure to post once it's in my hot little hands. I was so happy I got this one. Nothing could be better than a ruby with Gene's cutting.

S

SparkliesLuver

:lol: That's fine! Thank you again. :) I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love rubies from Lake Baringo......great snag and can't wait to see!

I think I have a sibling of JoCoJenn's that's been sitting at home waiting for me to return. Its about 8.6mm and close to 3 carats. (JoCoJenn - what are you planning to set?) I was thinking of doing something with color change garnet melee). Gene rated it Color 10, Clarity 9, Brilliance 5.

genemahengegarnet.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: lilmosun- congrats on snagging my garnet's bigger twin. :appl: Mine is just shy of 2ct.

I am undecided on setting just yet. I have drawn up some ideas, some of which involved some various melee accents, but nothing has been 'set in stone' yet. :lol:

I am a little hung up moreso on setting ideas for my new Burmese spinel, and keep going back & forth between designs for it and the garnet. :loopy:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1489629022|4140722 said:
I am undecided on setting just yet. I have drawn up some ideas, some of which involved some various melee accents, but nothing has been 'set in stone' yet. :lol:
:lol:

Just saw the red spinel thread...how exciting! One of my favorite stones. It's been months since I've done a project. Looking forward to seeing yours and others...looking for some inspiration/motivation :whistle:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone fill me in on this: on what venue does he list where these are snapped up? I gotta get in on this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results