shape
carat
color
clarity

20th anniversary ring - ACA in Cvb ID Jovyn setting

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I apologize in advance for the very long story to follow. Please skip to the end for pics.

About one year ago, I started searching for a ring for my 20th anniversary in 2017. My original engagement ring was a 0.51ct Lazare diamond which I believe was the only branded ideal cut diamond available at that time. I upgraded a couple of times over the years to a 0.96ct Eightstar (I so regret selling this one), then a nearly 2.5ct MRB. Upgraded that to cushion cut that I love. Having a PSer for so long, I decided that for the 20th, I wanted an ideal cut MRB in my collection. I knew it would take a while to find because I was particular about certain aspects of the diamond. I ended up compromising on some but stood steadfast on others.

I contacted a vendor I worked with before but was told my specs were too narrow. I relented but ultimately could not find the right stone. Also, I was looking for a larger stone, so the selection was very limited within my search perimeter.

JA had a huge inventory, but there were a lot of duds to wade through. WF had a nice selection but most were smaller than I was looking for. BGD unfortunately was (I felt) a little pricey. I was interested in a CBI but was worried about going the custom route.

At the end of last year, I decided that I had to see some stones in person before I could make the purchase. I had been in contact with WF throughout and a couple of stones had come and gone, whilst others didn’t catch my eye. Still I knew a visit to them was in order if I wanted to see larger ideal cut stones. In particular, there was a stone that I thought fit the bill except the table was larger than I liked.

So in December, we flew to Houston where Becca showed us three stones, a 3, a 4 and a 5ct ACA.
My eye was on the 5ct but I wanted to try out a 3ct to see if it was more wearable. It was, but I had a couple of other stones that were larger, so DH encouraged me to go bigger. I pushed my luck a bit at this point and asked to see a 5.5ct ACA. I had not seriously considered this stone as it was over budget, bigger than I wanted to go, and also an LGF of 78% (I prefer fatter arrows, 75% would have been perfect) , but it had a smaller table which I’ve always loved.

I compared the two 5+ct stones and immediately saw a difference. One of the stones had a clearly brighter center to me, but DH thought they looked the same. My take is that ACAs are not all equal and that depending on individual, there is a preferred look, so I was very glad we were able to see some stones in person. We left WF that day, happy but undecided. As the WF visit was a side trip of a longer vacation, we had no time to ponder this purchase at that time.

Back home, things happened that were beyond our control and we were unable to make things happen in a timely manner and could not purchase from WF. At this point, DH suggested I look at colored stones as an alternative. I wasn’t too sad, as a blue sapphire was something I’d always wanted and proceeded to start my research when out of the blue :cheeky: , DH tells me to go ahead and buy the ACA if I really wanted it. Does a girl need to be asked twice? I was so happy WF was able to work with us to make the purchase happen!

The setting is of course from the incomparable Caysie of CVB Inspired Design. When I saw msop03’s gorgeous modified Jovyn, I was smitten. Still, I was going to go with one of WF’s 6 prong setting for the fast turn around time when I saw mochiko post her ACA in the Jovyn. That was it! I immediately wrote to Caysie and ordered the Jovyn.

It took a while, but the ring has finally reached me and I am thrilled with both the stone and setting.

Again, I apologize for the length of this post. Thank you for reading if you made it this far.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I can't seem to upload the photos in one post so I will have to do it individually.

5.585ct H VS2

dscn0838.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Side view

dscn0842.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Hand shot

dscn0821.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
With my original e-ring

dscn0819.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Family Pic

dscn0808.jpg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous collection and new ring. Happy anniversary! :wavey:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh gosh wow that is AMAZING. Congratz on your amazing new stone and ring and enjoy her in good health!! :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!

Happy to look after any of your other rings for you now you have this stunner. It would be no trouble at all :Up_to_something:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG the family pic is TDF! Love your whole collection...GORGEOUS! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a true upgrade - wow! The stone looks beautiful though - tell us the specs of the stone and exactly what specs you were after!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's incredibly, beyond beautiful :love: :love: :love:

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS! That finger coverage is INSANE!!! This should be called the "DSS terminator!"

Wish that I could see this in real life! Bet it looks AMAZING!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary, new GORGEOUS ring and the lovely collection!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!!! M2b watches the larger stones at WF and we wondered if a PSer had bought that diamond! It's gorgeous and the CVB setting is absolutely perfect! :love: :love: :love: Wow, what a collection you have! I have thought before that my wish list kind of corresponded with yours on a smaller scale, of course, but I am pretty sure I won't catch up with you!!! However, I think you have made outstanding choices! I do think a fabulous blue sapphire should be next! Happy anniversary!!!

P

PierreBear

Gorgeous and congrats on the anniversary! A ring to mark 20 years is a great way to celebrate!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT!! :love: Would love more photos of this baby. Your whole collection is stunning. :appl:

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for the kind words!

MissGotRocks|1487850207|4132498 said:
That is a true upgrade - wow! The stone looks beautiful though - tell us the specs of the stone and exactly what specs you were after!
MGR
I started the search for
5ct+
I SI1
Depth 61.8max
Table 55-56
Crown Angle 34.3-35.5
PA 40.7-40.9
Lower girdle 75-77
Med blue fluorescence
HCA < 2

I later modified it to a max depth of 62.3 and table 57 and still had trouble finding the right stone.

I ended up with
5.585ct H VS2
Depth 61.2
Table 55.1
Crown Angle 34.4
Pavilion Angle 40.7
Lower Girdle 78
No fluorescence

DS2006
I've been watching the larger ACAs for a while too! The two 5cters were around for months and prices kept falling bit by bit but somehow they both remained unsold until I had a chance to view them. Funny thing is, once I decided to purchase my stone, the other one also sold!
I love the Jovyn setting but a small regret I have is that I could not get Caysie to set the stone. The prong tips are thus not as sharp and claw-like as my other CVB ring. But I have to say WF did a pretty good job (I did ask them to redo the prongs after I saw the glamour shots) and the prongs are hardly noticeable.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Boom! Your new ring/setting is to die for! What a beautiful family of rings...I cant remember the last time I've seen
so much finger coverage!!! All just beautiful!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy crap that's quite the upgrade!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! Your collection is stunning!!! And your new ACA is just tdf!!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary! Also, weird thing to day but your hands look so young and lovely :)

Gorgeous rings!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
* to say

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!! Another beautiful stone and ring to add to your already stunning collection!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You definitely made my Thursday better!! Thank you for sharing your story Boom. It is funny how we discover we have definite preferences. Your collection is jaw dropping. Congratulations on 20 years! Such a milestone and a perfect way to commemorate it. Your ring is perfect. :love: :love: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, congrats to you on your anniversary! :appl: Secondly, I absolutely LOVE your new blingtastic ACA!!!! :love: So glad it went to such a lovely PS'er like yourself!

So how will you wear it--will it become your primary ER now? What band will you wear with it as well? Which one of your rings are your absolute favorites now? :naughty:

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful bling collection with us! You and Phoenix have some of the best bling here on PS! :sun:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite ring and setting of your 'family'.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG! Simply incredble! And what a collection! :appl:

Q

Queenie60

Fabulous upgrade! And your entire collection is to die for. Congratulations and happy anniversary. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results