shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom sapphire band - advice needed

shkra11

Rough_Rock
I'm getting some wedding bands inspired by the kataoka band below, but maybe only keeping the three center stones and not having stones toward the sides - one 18k yellow gold with yellow sapphires and a rose gold one and a platinum one. They'll go w my oval yellow/green/blue 3ct sapphire (pics below) engagement solitaire (I'm happy with a gap) that's getting made soon. I'd usually wear one on my left hand with my engagement ring and put the other two together (with one upside down) on my right ring finger to form a diamond/marquise shape.

Is the band imbalanced with only the 3 center stones? with no stones and maybe just round metal bits where the stones are instead? What color stones would you get with the rose gold band (paparadscha/peachy sapphires?) and the platinum band (white sapphires? aqua sapphires?)? Any guesses as to how thin the kataoka band is or how I should describe the ring or the work needed?

The 7-stone kataoka version w diamonds is $1520-1800 depending on metal. What's a reasonable price range to get it custom made, with 3 sapphires (equivalent of .08ct diamond or smaller) or maybe none? Is there any special work needed for this (like does it need to be hand-forged or are CADs okay)?

http://www.kataoka-jewelry.com/en/rings/45-diamond-cluster-v-band.html#/110-material-18k_white_gold/41-us_size-6

shkra11kataokavcluster1.jpeg

shkra11kataokaclusterv2.jpg

_39089.jpg

_39091.jpg

crescentgems

Rough_Rock
Trade
The two ring together are gorgeous , I can just imagine them with fine cornflower blue Sapphires..... hmmmm....

well to come to your Questions , hand crafting a ring is an art , My opinion is price is reasonable, dont think of the money if you love it go for it.

from sunny Sri lanka

Ahmed shareek

shkra11

Rough_Rock
crescentgems: thanks for your response. Even though I love sapphires, I'm not a huge fan of blue. I think I'll probably either go with no stones or with sapphires that "match" the metal - so yellow for yellow gold, white/colorless sapphires for platinum, and peach-ish/orangeish/padparadschas for rose gold?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results