Seaglow's Finds

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Your jade pieces are amazing.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Burmesedaze,
Maybe 2-5 carat TCW of melees in hot pink. Even 2 pieces I get when I see one...those could be used for side stones. :)

Pregcurious,

Thanks! I only get my jade from the factory with guarantee or at a store with a report from a reputable lab. Jade is one of those stones that you really pay what you get for in icy, imperials and lavenders. A good B jade can be difficult to detect with pocket intruments and even microscope. I've experienced independent gemologists grade a piece as A and the labs detect B with more sophisticated equipment.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jeweller says that colour guesstimated 10 pieces for 1 ct, per ct not more than us$50. But you need to buy by the packet, cannot choose the stones within, usually sold in 20tcw-50tcw per packet wholesale.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the feedback Burmesedaze. Much appreciated. I'd leave the purchase in Myanmar with dealers from Thailand and India and just get a carat from them. Lol. :wall:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Approx. .90-1.10 carat each Ceylon sapphire cabs....

image_1413.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oooh gummy and yummy saturated blues. Are they unheated? I was looking at some Burmese ones but they didn't make the cut. Will post over in my thread.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Burmesedaze|1486300009|4124476 said:
Oooh gummy and yummy saturated blues. Are they unheated? I was looking at some Burmese ones but they didn't make the cut. Will post over in my thread.

Yes. Unheated. But they came in a lot of pale and small stones. Got some pale ones as study stones...easy to see for inclusions. :)

image_1414.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Burmesedaze|1486312816|4124554 said:
Mmm if you collect enough of them and other stones in lots, they could perhaps get set in silver into a long gemstone necklace like this for casual wear? For the leftover, pale, included stones, I mean :)

https://www.google.com.mm/search?q=gemstone+necklace&client=ms-android-om-lge&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLgeb4sfnRAhXMOo8KHXUxCkYQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=518#imgrc=YiLD-80frOnBLM::::

Great idea Burmesedaze! They definitely could be made into tin cups. :) I have study stones that just sit in the box. :)

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Went back to the jade factory and was looking for a nice yellow jade but ended up buying whites again. So far I've been sticking to whites and imperial green, even though the factory carries other colors like lavender, red, yellow, and black Jade, usually jadeite.

Here are a couple of pieces I bought. One is a bracelet that is not really transluscent, but I like the uniformity of color. I also bought disc earrings with small sapphires in the middle. The factory issues a certificate of authenticity but I had one of the rings confirmed by the local lab as A Jade. :) I also had the lab confirm one of the Madagascan sapphires I got as unheated. :)

image_1415.jpg

image_1416.jpg

image_1417.jpg

image_1418.jpg

image_1419.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Trying to organize stuffs... I set some of the stones, some I maintain for collection...some will be set into jewellery eventually...except that I kept buying finished jewellery when I see one I like and some end up unset. I have 3 projects up for setting that will finish by the end of the month. I also keep a box separate for potential side stones....not quite finished boxing the side stones and some of the stones in lots....I have been collecting for about 25 years...I usually go to source countries and hunt during vacations....rubies and sapphires in Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam....Chrysoberyl in Sri Lanka....Moldavites in Czech Republic....Color Change Diospore in Turkey (was unsuccessful on this one, most of the local stores sold fakes so had to buy my ring at the gem fair where Zultani, the miner/distributor participated), Philippines and Hongkong for Pearls....Arizona for turquoise, Australia for Boulder Opals....

image_1420.jpg

image_1421.jpg

image_1422.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you ever decide to liquidate some of your loose stones, do lmk! :angel:

That's quite a collection there!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Burmesedaze,

It's looking like you'd have more in your collection than me before the year ends. Lol.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So my quest to have my perfect imperial jade ring has come into fruition.

Imperial Jade is really elusive. In order for jade to be considered imperial, it has to be transluscent, of good texture, and good color with the right tone of green. Untreated ofcourse, so Type A Jade. I wanted a decent-sized cab with a good thickness, which is difficult as imperial jade usually occurs in thin veins...so a good bangle is really a museum piece.

Here's the ring in different lighting conditions. In direct sunlight, under LED lamp, and in natural light.

It has a diamond halo consisting of pear-shaped diamonds, F-color, VVS, jade center stone with AIGS report, set in 18K white gold.

image_1433.jpg

image_1434.jpg

image_1435.jpg

image_1436.jpg

image_1437.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My jaw just dropped to the floor :love: :love: :love:

Now THAT is an investment and heirloom piece!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks. :) Found it difficult to find a nice imperial. Can't settle for just any lab certification on this one. My requirement was a certificate from labs like GIA, AIGS, AGL, Lotus, or Gubelin.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a lovely, lovely piece of jade! Love your ring - wear it in good health.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1486747186|4127103 said:
That is a lovely, lovely piece of jade! Love your ring - wear it in good health.

Thanks for the well wishes, Minous. Your collection is very impressive!

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yum!

Jade is one of those things I admire but cant seem to totally wrap my brain around. Looks amazing! I also really like the pear halo!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
chroman|1486795328|4127360 said:
Yum!

Jade is one of those things I admire but cant seem to totally wrap my brain around. Looks amazing! I also really like the pear halo!

Thanks chroman! Understandably so! Almost 100% of jadeite in the market are treated, and Tyoe A doesn't mean beautiful, so a beautiful, translucent Type A really are in limited supply.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your jade ring :love: :love: :love:
The colour of the jade, the ring design, the sparkling diamonds...
The ring looks stunning on you. It has a royal look.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Acinom! The pear cut gives a different vibe as a halo compared to the round ones.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
What an absolutely stunning ring! Congrats dear! It's sooooo beautiful :love:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Keeliamira!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to share an almost 10 carat, super nice tanzanite from a gem dealer....no....not mine! But it's beautiful and worth sharing. :)

image_1444.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got this Colombian Emerald Ring. Few inclusions for an emerald and it's luminous. Stone was a selection piece from a lot of about 50.

.75carat center stone in diamond 3D halo (G, VS1) and two-row pavé half shank, 18k WG.

The other ring is a small icy jade in 18K WG with Diamond melees, Hongkong setting.

Here are photos both in daylight and diffused indoor light:

image_1446.jpg

image_1447.jpg

image_1448.jpg

image_1449.jpg

image_1450.jpg

Under LED lamp:

image_1451.jpg

In incandescent light:

image_1452.jpg

With my Paraiba ring:

image_1453.jpg

image_1454.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Met with Burmesedaze in Yangon and was able to buy a couple of purple sapphire cabs at the Gems Museum and a spinel bracelet set in silver. I plan to have the bracelet rhodium plated. The purple star sapphires have faint stars, too small for Burmesedaze (lol) but fine with me. They are transparent and the colors are very bright for unheated purples. Apparently not from the same rough,with one of the stones being at the shop a few months back before the next one came. Purples usually occur in Madagascan and other African stones but not usually Burmese. The stones were color changers but beautiful colors in al, lighting conditions. I was tempted to buy one of those electric pink sapphires and spinels, even a 7 carat light blue cushion sapphire but oh well...I was keeping in mind the the Bangkok fair is in a couple of days and I would prefer a bright big yellow Thai sapphire over a light blue one. Both purchases were very budget-friendly.

Mogok sapphires and rubies, which were mostly sold at the Museum, tend to come out of the ground beautiful, and it seems the norm In Yangon are unheated stones. I accept traditional heat, I'm not such a purist since torching when making a jewellery may turn unheated stones to heated ones, unless you set the stones without torching (got an experience having a lab cert for unheated sapphire then after torching, sapphire appeared heated in the next report). It was a delight that unheated stones though is the current standard in Yangon, at least at the Gems Musuem and I definitely prefer unheated one if nicely colored any time of the day.

image_1455.jpg

image_1456.jpg

image_1457.jpg

image_1458.jpg

image_1459.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How's the Bangkok Gem Fair? :)

I just got back from Mandalay. Checked out the jade market and a couple of nearby shops. All excessively overpriced.

Also visited a local gold refinery that's manual and laborious!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bangkok Fair was good. Bought more than I intended. :wall: do post what you get from there. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results