shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you keep your purse organized?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am terrible at keeping my purse organized and it takes me forever to find stuff, until I got a firmly flat-bottomed bag and a bag organizer. But I have been struggling with it for years. I was resigned to spending several minutes finding keys, garage door openers, phone, etc. My bag is now the perfect shape and size to keep organized. I'm just curious what other people do or do they not do anything at all?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keys, front left pocket.
Wallet, rear left pocket.
Change, front right pocket.

Organization complete, ma'am.

screen_shot_2017-02-20_at_4.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJSmom, I have found it impossible if it's not a flat bottomed bag. I also wish designer bags had more pockets and compartments inside.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
By not using one. I use wristlets. Phone. Wallet. Lip gloss. Done.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had never heard of a purse organizer before this post. I googled and wow. I may be measuring my purse to see if I can find one that fits.

I have a little bag in my purse which has all the things likely to get lost - lipstick, chapstick, pencils, pens, earplugs, etc. Then everything else just goes in a big mess all around it. It's usually a disaster zone. I've tried to mitigate it by moving to a smaller purse but now I can't fit my ipad in it and I don't like that.

Calliecake|1487652720|4131592 said:
LLJSmom, I have found it impossible if it's not a flat bottomed bag. I also wish designer bags had more pockets and compartments inside.

Right? For how much money I'm paying, they could afford to make some little dividers!

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elizabeth35|1487662157|4131609 said:
I use an older version of these, came in fun colors and I got the monogram:

http://www.henribendel.com/default/west-57th-cosmetic-bag-trio-268859.html?dwvar_268859_size=-&dwvar_268859_color=977&cgid=travel_cosmetic#start=4

I also have a ziplock bag with OTC meds for every emergency when traveling. I used a label maker on these little bags:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TIOLN4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Which, I admit, is pretty OCD :)

Haha - I have a bunch of meds I carry around but they're all in a little travel-size aspirin bottle, and you have to dump half of it out and paw through it to find the right pill! The only thing that gets its own container is my migraine medicine, because if I need it, I need it asap.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha the short answer? Give my dh my phone to hold and I keep a lipgloss in my pocket. Done.

But when I am without him (and he is my best accessory no doubt :cheeky: ) I take the smallest purse I need and put my keys, lipgloss and phone in it and I am done. So easy peasy on the organizing. I have larger pocketbooks of course for when I need to carry more but I find the larger the pocketbook I am carrying the more stuff (aka junk) I will be toting as well. So less is more because usually I don't use anything but my phone and lipgloss no matter how much stuff I bring. Though during the winter hand cream comes in very handy I must say.

For my larger work bag I have little pouches I use to organize when I am carrying more things/stuff so the items are not loose and I know where everything is and it is easy to get to. Similar to these.

http://www.iheartorganizing.com/2015/11/twenty-ways-to-organize-with-pouches.html

organizing_with_pouches_18.jpg

organizing_with_pouches_9.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I typically carry a small purse with just the essentials, so organization is easy.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1487658940|4131602 said:
I had never heard of a purse organizer before this post. I googled and wow. I may be measuring my purse to see if I can find one that fits.

I have a little bag in my purse which has all the things likely to get lost - lipstick, chapstick, pencils, pens, earplugs, etc. Then everything else just goes in a big mess all around it. It's usually a disaster zone. I've tried to mitigate it by moving to a smaller purse but now I can't fit my ipad in it and I don't like that.

Calliecake|1487652720|4131592 said:

Right? For how much money I'm paying, they could afford to make some little dividers!

I completely agree Distracts. It drives me crazy. I have some expensive designer bags and keep using my Michael Kors bags because they are so easy to keep organized. My husband even questioned why I spend so much on these bags if they aren't practical to use. I believe his comment was "do you know how many of these Michael Kors bags you could purchase for what one of these designer bags cost". Like I needed him to point that out to me. I've also purchased some small zip cosmetic type bags I put receipts, meds, etc in. You can usually find them in a pack of three and they look much nicer than throwing a ziplock bag in the handbag.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My purse can get very disorganized at times. I try to keep just my wallet, diddy bag for cosmetics, keys, etc. But the receipts! Ugh. I have to clean them out every once in awhile. I do have a ziplock bag in my purse that I have carried for the past year or so. We are doing home renovations as we can afford and the ziplock has multiple paint swatches, a piece of our new flooring, and a sample piece of our new countertops. It is kind of funny but I have been glad I have them when finding something at a store that I am not sure if it will match. :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487699654|4131746 said:
My purse can get very disorganized at times. I try to keep just my wallet, diddy bag for cosmetics, keys, etc. But the receipts! Ugh. I have to clean them out every once in awhile. I do have a ziplock bag in my purse that I have carried for the past year or so. We are doing home renovations as we can afford and the ziplock has multiple paint swatches, a piece of our new flooring, and a sample piece of our new countertops. It is kind of funny but I have been glad I have them when finding something at a store that I am not sure if it will match. :lol:

I do the same thing! I'm renovating a place in Michigan and right now I've got two fabric swatches, three paint samples, and a bunch of things I've printed off the internet so I don't lose an idea! No flooring sample though, that is the only part I'm 100% decided on LOL.

The land of big purses is pretty new to me. I'm generally just a wristlet person but I just met a lovely lady who makes the most AMAZING cowhide bags (apologies for anyone that is offended by that) and I now own SEVEN of them in various shapes and sizes so carrying a bag has just become FUN!!! People literally stop me in the street and ask me where my bag came from. I've become a walking advertisement for her, ha ha!

These organizes are interesting. I may have to look into one so I can actually find stuff now that I'm carrying a bigger bag.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
DH just gave me a Dagne Dover bag for Valentine's Day. Right now I've got: a lip gloss, 2 pens, my wallet, my laptop, my iPad, my macbook charger, my iPhone charger, and my coffee cup from this morning as well as a pair of leggings and a tank top (for workout later) and it's all still very organized. I highly recommend their products. I left the house at 7:30 this morning and won't be home until about 8 and have been all over town today and nothing I need for the day is floating around in my car making a mess.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't. LOL. I just clean it out every month or so when it gets too bad, or when I have to travel for work. I've had smaller purses, but they don't fit everything I need. My go-to bag is a Michael kors hobo. it has pockets around the outside so I try to keep my phones, keys and smaller important things there. The rest goes into the middle lol.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep organized by getting smaller and smaller bags! :lol:

Q

Queenie60

I carry a small cross body bag. Don't carry a whole lot - lipstick, wallet, keys and some mints. That's about it. I don't like carrying around a large, heavy bag and I like to be hands free while shopping and running errands.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use a small bag with as many compartments as I need and not much more. That way it forces me to only carry the essentials.

My husband laughs at me because I actually carry my GPS in my purse all the time, because I think it is safer than leaving it in the car, so that gets its own dedicated pocket 8-)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1487700061|4131748 said:
::snip::

I'm renovating a place in Michigan

Sorry to hijack momentarily, but Dee*Jay...where in Michigan???

To answer the question...in my current bag, I don't, and it drives me nuts. When I'm using a smaller structured bag (kate spade small quinn, for example) all my things barely fit and there's a particular order so everything is organized. I'm currently using a larger satchel that just has one giant compartment and I can never find a damn thing. I also just can't get my sh*t together to switch back to my quinn or over to my small rachelle.

Blah.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So maybe this question doesn't apply to those minimalists. Unfortunately for me, I am already as minimal as I can get. I have house key pouch, office key pouch, garage door opener, wallet, sunglasses, regular glasses, toiletries pouch, work daily moleskine calendar, and usually a scarf or hat. So what has finally worked for me is this perfectly sized flat bottom bag that has a wide opening that opens all the way and is not too deep, so I can see everything in one glance. With an organizer, everything stays in place. I haven't had to dig around anymore. I realize now that it is about getting the bag with the right structure for you. I'm so excited.

img_15210.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vc10um|1487726569|4131951 said:

I'm renovating a place in Michigan

Sorry to hijack momentarily, but Dee*Jay...where in Michigan???

To answer the question...in my current bag, I don't, and it drives me nuts. When I'm using a smaller structured bag (kate spade small quinn, for example) all my things barely fit and there's a particular order so everything is organized. I'm currently using a larger satchel that just has one giant compartment and I can never find a damn thing. I also just can't get my sh*t together to switch back to my quinn or over to my small rachelle.

Blah.

New Buffalo, right on the water. Tiny place -- but cute!

Ladies (especially those with specific organization), do you switch out your purses often? If so, is it a big hassle or it's just "part of the routine" moving organized stuff from one place to another place? I'm swapping out my bags almost daily ( did I mention I now have SEVEN cowhides... :rolleyes: ) and it's not bad for the three smaller ones but the four bigger ones all the "stuff" comes out a mess and go into the next bag a mess... and remains a mess... I've never been a purse person so this is a whole new thing for me to sort out!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I first got my LV Estrella a few years ago, I saw that gals on the purseforum used purse to go purse organizers and ordered one. Well I'm so organized that it never made it into my purse :lol:

Now that I work from home I have become a minimalist and carry a 2010 Banana Republic crossbody I found "shopping" in my closet a few years ago or shove everything inside the inner pockets of my fleece jackets. I also gave away that LV bag to mom. The organizer is somewhere in the garage with other random things I never unpacked when we moved a couple of years ago.

I think the pursetogo organizer was well made though, even though it's only spent time in storage :-o

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I just carry a purse that is small and that takes care of it. If i carry a larger bag, inevitably stuff collects in it and it drives me nuts. So, I downsized and made myself to just carry a small purse most days (like ladies would have done back in the day :halo: ) that holds only the essentials. Lots of aggravation solved. It only has to be big enough to fit the latest iphone, keys and small wallet.

Because my purses are mainly small now (on purpose) it is very easy to switch bags. I have phone, 2 small LV key pouches to carry odds and ends and a small wallet. That is it....I take out receipts and papers once I am home so they don't collect. When I need a bigger bag I have 3 Longchamp bags and can easily slide one of my smaller purses inside it and not even have to bother changing, then take my little purse back out when I am done with the big one.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1487699075|4131740 said:
I completely agree Distracts. It drives me crazy. I have some expensive designer bags and keep using my Michael Kors bags because they are so easy to keep organized. My husband even questioned why I spend so much on these bags if they aren't practical to use. I believe his comment was "do you know how many of these Michael Kors bags you could purchase for what one of these designer bags cost". Like I needed him to point that out to me. I've also purchased some small zip cosmetic type bags I put receipts, meds, etc in. You can usually find them in a pack of three and they look much nicer than throwing a ziplock bag in the handbag.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The land of big purses is pretty new to me. I'm generally just a wristlet person but I just met a lovely lady who makes the most AMAZING cowhide bags (apologies for anyone that is offended by that) and I now own SEVEN of them in various shapes and sizes so carrying a bag has just become FUN!!! People literally stop me in the street and ask me where my bag came from. I've become a walking advertisement for her, ha ha!

Does she have a website or do you have any pictures? They sound really neat and I'd love to see them!

Dee*Jay|1487732833|4131988 said:
Ladies (especially those with specific organization), do you switch out your purses often? If so, is it a big hassle or it's just "part of the routine" moving organized stuff from one place to another place? I'm swapping out my bags almost daily ( did I mention I now have SEVEN cowhides... :rolleyes: ) and it's not bad for the three smaller ones but the four bigger ones all the "stuff" comes out a mess and go into the next bag a mess... and remains a mess... I've never been a purse person so this is a whole new thing for me to sort out!

I only very rarely switch my bags. I have my main purse that I usually carry for 1-3 years, another larger one I use for vacations (with a wristlet wallet that fits my phone for when I don't want to carry the whole thing around while out and about), a small canvas one for doing things outdoors, and small formal ones. The latter two only fit phone, credit card, ID, and chapstick, and the canvas one you can also jam a water bottle in. But my main purse gets carried 90% of the time.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Distracts, I don't want to (further!) threadjack LLJsmom's topic so I'll start a new thread and call it "Amazing Cowhide Bags" or something like that. I've got a bunch of pics and I'll also provide her website. SUPER nice lady!!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1487651756|4131587 said:
Keys, front left pocket.
Wallet, rear left pocket.
Change, front right pocket.

Organization complete, ma'am.

:lol:

This is me!

Time spent looking for something drives me crazy, even if its just searching a limited area like a purse.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487776253|4132097 said:
Distracts, I don't want to (further!) threadjack LLJsmom's topic so I'll start a new thread and call it "Amazing Cowhide Bags" or something like that. I've got a bunch of pics and I'll also provide her website. SUPER nice lady!!!

Distracts, I put a thread together with a ton of pics: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/beautiful-cowhide-bags.228970/#post-4132152#p4132152']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/beautiful-cowhide-bags.228970/#post-4132152#p4132152[/URL]

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
sonnyjane|1487654938|4131598 said:
By not using one. I use wristlets. Phone. Wallet. Lip gloss. Done.

Ditto.

P

PierreBear

I used to have a little cross body Marc by Marc Jacobs bag. Whenever I wanted to go for a different look and use my larger purses, I would unclip the cross over strap and then shove the whole thing into the larger bag. Kept me organized but it was a bit silly/lazy to have a purse within a purse but I liked not having to transfer things just for a "weekend look." Now my newer cross body bag is a bit larger and I can't do the same thing anymore so I might have to think about a purse organizer after hearing everyone talk about it!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also now stick with smaller, structured bags, which makes it very easy to keep my things organized inside and stops me from carrying around too much crap. A few years back when big slouchy bags were in, I couldn't find anything in there and kept thinking I lost my keys!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results