shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage 750 Gold Cufflinks

caseyberlin

Rough_Rock
Dear Members,

First of all: Great forum, glad I found this place.
I inherited my uncle's cufflinks and am trying to figure out the brand and what they're worth.
Maybe you can help me out because I'm by all means no pro and I don't want to get ripped off if I ever feel like selling these.

They're made of 750 gold and weigh 13,4g each.
Sorry for asking but the center piece is amber right?

And can someone help me identify the logo?

Looking forward to your replies.

Cheers,

Casey

img_1305_2.jpg

img_1303.png

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't recognise the hallmark but something tells me these could be danish and from the 1960s. Amber is golden colour, in the pic looks more red. Is that green enamel around the centre stone?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect these are not European since most European countries have had a system of registered hallmarks (a combination of symbols indicating when and where the purity of the metal was assayed, as well as a standardized metal purity stamp) in place for many years - as in centuries. From what you've told us, there are no such assay marks.

The U.S. does not have such a standardized system in place, so it's possible the cufflinks were made in the U.S. The U.S. Trademark office has a searchable database for symbols. Here's a link you can use to search symbols related to transportation (which is I think where a sailboat would fall...)
http://tess2.uspto.gov/tmdb/dscm/index.htm

It's also possible these were made in the far east... unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for searching for Asian makers marks.

Good luck!

BTW, I agree as to the timeframe - these look like they were influenced by the 50's - 60's modernist movement, the roots of which are associated with Scandanavia. It's not really possible to give you a "read" on the stone from the pictures. If that entire centers are made of a single piece of material, then "watermelon tourmaline" would be a good candidate.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you do sell them please post them on loupetroop.com as my husband has been looking for a nice gold set of cufflinks for some time :) They are very unique!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results