shape
carat
color
clarity

New ACA WF studs

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been looking for studs since November. A well-known PS vendor did find me a very nice, really excellent cut pair in late November but I couldn’t pull the trigger. I have 5 diamonds ranging from .5 to .8 that I wish I could upgrade. I kept thinking about Whiteflash and their amazing, transparent upgrade policy. Yes, I would pay a bit of a premium, but I would be getting super ideal cuts and a lifetime trade-up guarantee. For me, this was not an inexpensive purchase and I loved the idea of having the security of knowing that I will never have to regret not having purchased bigger, higher color/clarity, etc.

Whiteflash was very easy to work with. My representative was pleasant and very responsive not only to my e-mails but what I did and did not want. At no time did I feel pressured and I think my rep was honest and upfront about all the diamonds she vetted for me.

I chose the six prong martini settings. I am used to wearing screw backs but in this case I should have listened to those who advised against them. WF screw backs are thicker than I expected and I am finding them a bit uncomfortable. Also, when I take the earrings out of my ears, my piercings look like mini-craters (Ok, I’m exaggerating but you get the idea). I may end up sending the earrings back and having the posts replaced so I can have la pousette backs.

I picked up the earrings from FedEx on Friday and, of course, I am looking at my beauties very closely. I notice that one of the earrings has a bit more scintillation than the other. Even my 92 year old mother was able to consistently tell which diamond was which! But in all honesty, I doubt anyone would have looked at them critically enough to notice any difference if I hadn’t asked. As some of you know, I spoke to WF and they will gladly find me another diamond to match the one I like better. However, after giving a lot of thought, I realized that people weren’t going to be analyzing and comparing each diamond in each lobe. They’re just going to see a beautiful pair of studs.

The diamonds are 1.82ctw, H/VS2. I had never seen a super ideal cut before and I am pretty impressed. These diamonds make my others pale in comparison. How they compare to an Ideal cut diamond and whether I could tell the difference with my naked eye, I don’t know for certain but I suspect that I might be able to if I were to see them side by side. Now for the photos:

img_15126.jpg

img_15127.jpg

img_15128.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful on you! :love:

I have the same setting from WF and love my friction posts w/ jumbo backs--you should have them switch the posts out if they are uncomfortable for you. Enjoy wearing them for many years to come!

Oh, and please add them to the Show Me Your Diamond Studs thread!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do look beautiful on you! I can't see a difference from the photos and am guessing it would be even less noticeable on two separate ears. However, it is nice to know that WF will change out a stone for you if you are still unhappy after a day or two so you are definitely not stuck with something you don't love!

I had screw back earrings one time and no more. They really did a number on my ears taking them in and out everyday so I would truly think about changing out the posts. I also had martini settings at one point too and changed them back to a flat based, four prong mounting as they were making indentations in my ears too. Who knew there was so much to think about with a beautiful pair of earrings? Lol! They really are stunning and I hope once all potential changes are made you enjoy them for many years to come!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous and a very lovely size! :love: :appl:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all!

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Those are very pretty on you. I love the setting. Who did you work with at WF?

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Beautiful set. They look fantastic on you!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Becca Eastman was my representative at WF.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING new earrings! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Great photos. Congrats!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new earrings!!! :love: :appl:

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous earrings!
They look the perfect size on you!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful! Great size, too.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: They look fabulous and are a great size! :appl:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JLW05|1487566664|4131016 said:
Becca Eastman was my representative at WF.

I worked with Becca too on my new ACA - she was just wonderful!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! The size looks great on you! :love: :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous and they look great on you.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love these...the size is great too. I'm looking into getting some in the 1.6-1.8 range as well and these are very helpful to see :)

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
I'm happy with the size.My WF experience was very positive. I actually got an e-mail from my rep a few weeks back asking if I was happy with my earrings and to remind me that I had a one year warranty on the settings.

Last edited:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! You can't go wrong with ACAs.

I'm curious that you mentioned that you can see a clear difference between the two ACAs. It would be great if you don't mind sharing the specs of the two stones, I would be interested to see hear your opinion on how the differences in specs relate to varying performance in real life.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
I don't mind sharing the specs. Perhaps some the of the more knowledgeable members of this community might have an opinion about why there is a slight difference in appearance between the two diamonds. After the above post, I picked out the stone I feel is slightly nicer and took out my loop. Gosh, my eyes must be getting bad. Trying to find the AGS inscription was torture. But, yep, I was right. Next, I had my hubby look at both diamonds and asked which he liked better. My husband knows absolutely zero about diamonds but he also chose the diamond I like better - twice in a row. When I asked him why, he said that the diamond he chose looked brighter Not very technical but ....Anyway, as for the specs -
Diamond 1
.922cts, H, VS2
55.8 table
35 CA
40.7 PA
61.9 depth
cloud, crystal, feather
Diamond 2
.90ct, H, VS2
56.9 table
35 CA
40.7 PA
61.3 depth
crystal, needle
Diamond 2 is the diamond I prefer - not that #1 is a dud! Both are beautiful diamonds.

Last edited:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are beautiful, I hope to save for something like this as I keep messing with new settings for my Rings when I should be investing in a pair of amazing studs! I think you should send the one stone back and get one that is like the one you are drawn to, don't settle!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gear Girly. I kept working on so many projects and finally I stopped and saved for my earrings. I wear my earrings more than I do any other piece I have and it was a great purchase for me. After I got my earrings, I didn't want to start the process over again. Truthfully, at this point, I just put the earrings on and don't even think about the slight difference I see between the two. It is certainly not the case of one diamond being phenomenal and the other being middle of the road. Both are highly vetted ACA stones. I have to say I love Whiteflash because I know that should I decide to upgrade or switch out the one stone tomorrow or in two years, I'll have no problem doing just that.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and a great size! Seriously, I dont think you'll ever need to upgrade but its definitely nice to have that option!!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are perfect! So pretty on you!:love::love::love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and bright and just lovely on your ears!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not very technical but ...

The differences between the numbers are within scanning & rounding error, IMO. Other details of cut could account for the slight difference - some, for example, associated with a greater variation of girdle width.

Identical Twins !

Ps. #2 is the first HCA Ideal Ex-Ex-Ex-Ex I have seen comming in since returning to PS last year.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can never go wrong with a gorgeous pair of studs. Congratulations!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results