shape
carat
color
clarity

A long time waiting....9 years to be exact.

Go_Diego

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend and I met in Philadelphia 9 years ago in college and today, we are celebrating our 9th year anniversary. After all of our friends got married and now most of them have started with their first baby. Her and I lived through the years loving each other, going through a lot of ups and downs. Money was of course always an issue. We both struggled with jobs in the beginning, straight out of school, but we managed to be there for one another. We were in love.

Now I know most of you are asking what took me so long to propose to her and the answer is well not just one reason. My parents immigrated from another country and they strived for a better life. My whole existence being here in this country was for this reason alone. I knew I wanted to marry this beautiful girl but I didn't want to settle for something sub par. Let just say that I've seen all my friend's marriage proposals and weddings and I personally didn't like any of them. So ever since then I've worked to better myself in my career and financially so that I can propose to her the way I felt she deserved. I guess it took way longer than it should.

Now unfortunately her mother is suffering from Alzheimer's and I felt that I've missed precious time. I don't know how long till things get progressively worse so I hope her state of mind will still be there for the wedding. She told me that she wouldn't want to be proposed because of her mom and I understand her. Yet, what she doesn't know is that I've been preparing to propose to her for about a year.

The set proposal date will be June 4th, 2017. It will be a destination proposal in Barcelona, Spain. She's never been out of the country and I want to be the person to show her the world and for that reason I have made travel arrangements to go on a cruise and see Spain, France and Italy. I have booked a photographer in Barcelona to take engagement pictures of me proposing to her on the morning of June 4th in the gardens of La Tamarita.http://lameva.barcelona.cat/en/aprofita-la/parcs-i-jardins/jardins-de-la-tamarita_94165112247.html Which will include the surpise proposal followed by a 2 hour engagement photoshoot session around Barcelona. Then it's off to pack and head to go on a cruise to which she won't know till we leave. Just so you know so doesn't know a thing. Nothing. Not even going to Barcelona.

I will be giving her a surprise gift today that will include a real southwest ticket holder and I will design a fake ticket that will say that a trip is planned for Philadelphia. What she wont know is that trip to Philadelphia is just a transfer to head to Barcelona. So there has been much to decide and plan for this. A lot of detailed thinking has been planned out. Everything so far has been paid, booked and arranged. Everything except for the ring.

I've been saving up for a ring. So far I have about 2 grand saved. Apart from spending about 6 grand on everything else and yes I could've spent that on the ring but I personally felt that the experience will be a one in a lifetime thing and I can always splurge some more on a ring later in life. I wanted to share my story since I never really told anyone about it before and I wanted to hear people's responses. There is a still a lot that has not been said but I this is the core of the story and It's just something that has been stored inside for a very long time and thought it was time to let it out.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your idea sounds awesome and sweet! What is her style and taste? I can help you find something amazing in that budget-sleuthing good deals is what I do!

Go_Diego

Rough_Rock
totallyfree said:
That sounds lovely :)

And there are a lot of options for a $2k engagement ring! Not everything is about diamonds :appl:

This just popped up on my FB news feed, might give you some different inspirations!

<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="https://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahhan/it-aint-all-diamonds?bffbstyle&utm_term=4ldqphh#4ldqphh" rel="nofollow"><
vintagelover229 said:
I think your idea sounds awesome and sweet! What is her style and taste? I can help you find something amazing in that budget-sleuthing good deals is what I do!

Thanks totallyfree and vintagelover229! My heart is definitely set to get her a diamond preferably around 1 -1.5 carat. I've uploaded a couple of designed rings was I interested and looking into. Depending on how it looks like I would love for it to be rose or white gold.

img_2947_1.jpg

img_2952.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results