shape
carat
color
clarity

Show off your colored diamonds!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! I really think it was meant to be. :appl: :naughty: Oh and I may have another something to add to this thread is it ever gets finished, sigh.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here.......................1.21 ct FLY heart. :love:

dsc_300.jpg

dsc_2916.jpg

dsc_2923.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza :love:
That's so intricate and beautiful.
Congrats Catmom.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1433957775|3887406 said:
Wowza :love:
That's so intricate and beautiful.
Congrats Catmom.

Thanks cflutist! My jeweler does the most amazing detail work.

dsc_303.jpg

dsc_304.jpg

dsc_2927.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondhoarder, your ring is gorgeous!! :love: What a beautiful color! Is the setting from Leibish as well?

Pricescopenewbie, your diamond is beautiful! You're waiting on the soleste ring, right? Can't wait to see it!

I'm excited to have something to add - 1.49 Y-Z pear in 18k yellow gold from DBL-

img_8493.jpg

img_8494.jpg

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
yes Junebug, i am waiting anxiously on that ring. i've seen the pics and very excited! can't wait to see her in person!

a yellow pear like yours is very high on my wish list :whistle: hope to get one soon! could you share some tips how to pick a yellow pear? i have checked a lot online and most of them either have bow ties or a shallow window. i am still waiting to run into one like yours.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pricescopenewbie|1435805986|3897737 said:
yes Junebug, i am waiting anxiously on that ring. i've seen the pics and very excited! can't wait to see her in person!

a yellow pear like yours is very high on my wish list :whistle: hope to get one soon! could you share some tips how to pick a yellow pear? i have checked a lot online and most of them either have bow ties or a shallow window. i am still waiting to run into one like yours.

Thanks PN! I don't really have any tips, I just liked how the diamond looked in the pics! I guess I just got lucky, to my somewhat untrained eyes it's a nice stone, I just wish it was bigger lol.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your ring - I hope you share pics as soon as you get it! Although I have a feeling I'm going to feel a little jealous, I love the soleste ring and sometimes I regret not going for it.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Junebug, thanks for the compliments on my ring. Yes, the ring was custom made by Leibish, they were great.

Your yellow pear is quite mezmerising - how do you get anything done wearing that beauty? :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondhoarder|1435850257|3897891 said:
Junebug, thanks for the compliments on my ring. Yes, the ring was custom made by Leibish, they were great.

Your yellow pear is quite mesmerizing - how do you get anything done wearing that beauty? :)

Thanks DH! I feel the same way about your ring, it involves 2 of my favorite things - the color pink and a halo setting! How wonderful to own a pink diamond. Leibish did a great job on the setting, it's beautifully done!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I really can't get over this. Just breathtaking! I love how well the melee match the stone. It must look like the sun.

ETA: This was for Junebug btw but everything is so beautiful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom, thank you so much and I'm really glad you like it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blackprophet, I love it! :love: Wow, the design showcases the diamonds beautifully, looks really pretty!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
kenny|1297839129|2852957 said:
The latest incarnation of the Kennyllection of natural FCDs with natural color origin per GIA.

CW from top
0.23 ct Fancy Vivid Green Yellow, strong green fluor
0.26 ct Fancy Intense Green
0.16 ct Fancy Intense Green Blue
0.08 ct Fancy Intense Greenish Blue
0.12 ct Fancy Grayish Violet
0.27 Fancy Deep Purplish Pink
0.19 Fancy Vivid Orange-Yellow

Another is about to ship, a 0.33 ct Fancy Vivid Yellowish Orange pear, strong yellow fluor.

OH MY GOSH! I'm in love! Kenny, what a collection you have...such color saturated sparkle!

theren

Rough_Rock
I guess I never posted mine..

My E-ring: Natural fancy light yellow with a medium blue flour and fancy pink diamonds around the halo.

The green monster: green diamond

_32354.jpg

_32355.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never added my little sunshine to this thread?
She's a .35ct fancy yellow cushion, with .25ct E in the shank and halo.
She was the Liebish Mother's Day contest prize :)
20150521_2.jpg

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yesterday at sunset, with my lovelies. It bathed my F coloured diamond in an odd brownish-orange shade too, but never mind, so long as the grey-blue and pink-purple diamonds look okay :)

img_0751_1a_.jpg

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
Any new colored diamonds to add to this thread? I just looked through it all a second time :dance:

Lakjo1

Rough_Rock
Well I've been in the process on this ring for about two months now, and I've made enough progress to share the initial results... :angel:

GF wants a yellow diamond engagement ring, and she has indicated a preference for a halo setting, a cushion cut and a split shank with pave set diamonds.

Step one: Find the center stone. After many inquiries, Wonder Jewelers in L.A. gave me the best price, and Tony was great to work with as he presented multiple options.

From his offerings, (and with some great help from the folks on this thread) I selected a Fancy Yellow 5.0 CT SI1 rectangular cushion-cut. Measurements: 10.38 x 8.68 x 6.18 mm

Beautiful lemon yellow face-up color, and little to no "windowing" as it rotates...

stone_21.jpg

Lakjo1

Rough_Rock
Step Two: Setting
This is where it gets complicated... She has stated a preference for a more modern setting if it's a yellow diamond, but an antique setting if its a white diamond. Hmmm... What Tony helped me come up with is a combination of the two, which looks like this: 11001.jpg

It looks like a pretty modern split-shank halo when viewed from the top, but more antique/old-school from the side

The only modifications not shown in the 3D are as follows:
- There will be fancy yellow stones set on each face in the bezel at the top of the scroll work (rather than the white stones shown here)
- The halo will be a U-pave setting, which gives a nice scalloped look
- There will be hand engraving and mill grain on the lower portion of the shank (which looks plain in the CAD). A sample of that is below.
engraving_2.jpg

Lakjo1

Rough_Rock
Step 3: Basket or open?
What we decided was to have an 18k yellow gold basket beneath the stone, but to leave a small opening to allow for drainage when the ring is cleaned. Kind of maximizes the pros of yellow gold behind the stone while minimizing the con of cleaning requirements.

The ring is being produced as I type this, and I can't wait to post some pics once it arrives!

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My humble little collection of FCDs has expanded slowly overtime, so I thought I'd do a little family shot of the unset ones.

More details here but please go ahead and skip this if you prefer photos only :lol::
~ The yellows, oranges, browns and olive FCDs are not certified because they were sold in a parcel, so I have no idea what their "official" colors might be. But they do appear to be fancy intense and fancy vivids.
~ The two small pink melees are sold to me as fancy pinks without certification. I had planned on using them in a project but left them untouched in the end. I also tossed in four colourless diamonds for some contrast - they were left over from a recycle project.
~ I feel like I'm the luckiest person on earth when I found this blue diamond that is big and blue enough for my taste and one that I could kind of afford. Admittedly, it's not the most desirable shade of blue - having being certified by GIA as a 0.33 carat fancy greyish greenish blue with Si2 clarity (there is a pretty obvious gash on its table if you look more closely) - but I'm in love with it all the same.
~ I also lucked out for the 0.07 carat fancy intense yellowish-green of I1 clarity. It ACTUALLY looks really green to my eyes, but is of course nowhere as exorbitant and unattainable as pure and clean greens.
~ Finally, the last FCD is a Si2 clarity, 0.07 carat fancy intense purple-pink radiant that was a tad pricey for its size, but ah well, we all make mistakes :???:, and I have no complaints about its colour.

Here are the FCDs, photographed in indirect daylight near the window. Please pardon the unsophisticated smudge of airbrush at the bottom right corner though! It was a stone I no longer own, so I removed it altogether from my photo. I'm afraid I'm no good at photo editing.
20170707_153905(3).jpg
20170707_154854.jpg

And here are the colourless, pinks, blue and green under strong sunlight, which help increase the saturation of their colours quite considerably. Again, please pardon the strange smudge! All colours are unedited.
20170707_150737(2).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results