shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Rose Cut Diamonds!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am the first to admit when I first saw rose cut diamonds (online) I was mystified at the allure. BUT now, after seeing more of them and realizing their beauty I am intrigued and would love love love if those of you with rose cut diamonds would share. I recently joined instagram and wow I am blown away at some of the rose cut beauties that are shared there. So amazing, romantic and just ethereal and dreamy. Truly. A good example of keeping one's mind open to appreciate beauty in all forms. Please if you have any rose cut diamonds, share it here with us and thank you. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK not very popular here and I am not surprised. I think it is an acquired taste or at least that is what someone (whose bling opinion I respect very much) told me.

I will add just one rose cut ring I saw recently on IG that is IMO AMAZING. It is sold already. From Gilded Lane and our very own Athenaworth. Her IG site is @gildedlane if you want to catch some of her beautiful bling.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQYCGB9gSrR/?taken-by=gildedlane

I think there are some PSers who have beautiful rose cuts and I would love it if you would share them here. :appl:

rosecutgoodness.jpg

rosecutromance.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I will play! My rose cut is a very humble 1/2 carat. The backstory is that I found the setting tucked in my mother in laws sewing cabinet that I inherited. I took the setting to Joe Escobar's and they happened to have a perfectly sized rose cut that had been removed from an old estate piece. They did a wonderful job of setting it with very delicate prongs. I think the rose cut is perfect for this setting. I can't wait to see what others post!

img_15116.jpg

img_15117.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
missy|1487509383|4130685 said:
OK not very popular here and I am not surprised. I think it is an acquired taste or at least that is what someone (whose bling opinion I respect very much) told me.

I will add just one rose cut ring I saw recently on IG that is IMO AMAZING. It is sold already. From Gilded Lane and our very own Athenaworth. Her IG site is @gildedlane if you want to catch some of her beautiful bling.

I think there are some PSers who have beautiful rose cuts and I would love it if you would share them here. :appl:

i am the lucky owner of this gorgeous ring!! it is even more beautiful in person :love: thanks for posting it missy! glad i got a good one :wink2:

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ohhhh i have also just jumped on the rose cut train- I just bought one from other Etsy/ PSer (sincityfinds)- its currently off to rehab and then to a reset, so it will be a while before i get it back. Will be sure to post it here when its finished!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luce|1487524554|4130725 said:
Hi Missy, I will play! My rose cut is a very humble 1/2 carat. The backstory is that I found the setting tucked in my mother in laws sewing cabinet that I inherited. I took the setting to Joe Escobar's and they happened to have a perfectly sized rose cut that had been removed from an old estate piece. They did a wonderful job of setting it with very delicate prongs. I think the rose cut is perfect for this setting. I can't wait to see what others post!

Luce, what an utterly charming ring! :love: And what a great unexpected find! Both the stone and the setting! Thank you for sharing your lovely ring! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, thank you for sharing those rose cut beauties with us and for taking photos when you visited the SS trunk show. Reposting the pics for everyone here. :appl:

ssrosecutbeauties.jpg

ssrosecutearrings.jpg

ssrosecutring.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lynahs1295|1487555883|4130954 said:
missy|1487509383|4130685 said:

i am the lucky owner of this gorgeous ring!! it is even more beautiful in person :love: thanks for posting it missy! glad i got a good one :wink2:

Hi lynahs and YAY!!! I was hoping you would chime in here! :appl: Please please come back and share hand pics of your gorgeous rose cut ring from gilded lane. :love: :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1487566212|4131015 said:
ohhhh i have also just jumped on the rose cut train- I just bought one from other Etsy/ PSer (sincityfinds)- its currently off to rehab and then to a reset, so it will be a while before i get it back. Will be sure to post it here when its finished!

Oooh so excited for you dolly! SIncityfinds is one of my (new to me!) favorite dealers on IG! I love her bling! OMG did you get that ring above? I was soooo tempted! I hope a PSer does buy the ring above so we can keep it in the PS family. :appl:

Please don't forget to share with us here. I cannot wait to see your new rose cut beauty! Any hints/details on the rose cut diamond or ring reset to tide us over? :naughty: :appl:

discobanana

Rough_Rock
Trade
It's a humble contribution to this thread, but this is my wee little rose cut pendant. The diamond is .38ct (measures about 5mm) and I don't know the color/clarity. For what it's worth I'd conservatively call it near colorless with VS clarity. It was an impulse buy last year at the AGTA gem fair at JCK Las Vegas. Originally I was going to put it into a simple solitaire with NSEW prongs but then I saw this setting on Stuller and I was sold. Even with precision cut melee I thought the price was super reasonable; and the final look is something that I absolutely adore.

I bought a pear rose cut diamond at the same time as this little nugget but I haven't set her yet!

I love seeing everyone's posts in general, but especially about rose cuts. They're an acquired taste, for sure, but there's something so special and classy about them.

rose_cut_pendant.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
discobanana, I LOVE your beautiful pendant! So romantic and lovely and just beautiful. :love:

Please come back when you set your pear rose cut diamond. I cannot wait to see what you do with her. And thank you for sharing! :appl:

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Loving all the beautiful rose cuts on here!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ChristinaK, what a gorgeous rose cut eternity band. LOVE! :love: Thank you for sharing it. Just beautiful!

liloette

Rough_Rock
I had this one for a hot minute but decided to return. Love rose cuts, especially when they are in the right setting. I'm not careful enough to have a foiled back rose, fragile roses. I believe that the one I just posted is still available! She will make someone's heart sing.

img_15479.jpg

img_7727.png

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my. Makes me want one. Keep 'Em coming!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
just to point out- i have been working with my jeweler on a solution that is somewhere between closing the back but also allowing for cleaning. I (personally) do not like the look of rose cuts against bare skin, and i LOVE the foil back look but hate when stones get dirty.

These CADs are work in progress but the side profile is remaining the same. The bottom of completely closed and the top is bezeled, but these cut outs will allow for light to get in and cleaning!

screen_shot_2017-03-07_at_1.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liloette|1488904689|4137632 said:
I had this one for a hot minute but decided to return. Love rose cuts, especially when they are in the right setting. I'm not careful enough to have a foiled back rose, fragile roses. I believe that the one I just posted is still available! She will make someone's heart sing.

Liloette that is a lovely ring but it's good you know it isn't for you within the return period. I am sure you will find your dream ring!

dollyanjuli said:
just to point out- i have been working with my jeweler on a solution that is somewhere between closing the back but also allowing for cleaning. I (personally) do not like the look of rose cuts against bare skin, and i LOVE the foil back look but hate when stones get dirty.

These CADs are work in progress but the side profile is remaining the same. The bottom of completely closed and the top is bezeled, but these cut outs will allow for light to get in and cleaning!

Dolly, how exciting! I cannot wait to see your beautiful creation!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Luce|1487524554|4130725 said:

Gorgeous! Love the setting too.

------georgia------

Rough_Rock
Hi all! This is my first post on here. My engagement ring has a 1.01 carat rose cut diamond as the centre stone. It's set in a rose gold halo setting. It's set flat side up - at some point I may get it turned the other way where I think the cut will be more obvious, but I'm not sure it'll suit the setting as much. The stone is an antique and we got it set in a modern setting. I adore it and love that it just doesn't exist anywhere else! Colour is F/G. There's one inclusion you can see with the naked eye which I feel just adds to its charm!

img_15565.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
------georgia------|1489217186|4139214 said:
Hi all! This is my first post on here. My engagement ring has a 1.01 carat rose cut diamond as the centre stone. It's set in a rose gold halo setting. It's set flat side up - at some point I may get it turned the other way where I think the cut will be more obvious, but I'm not sure it'll suit the setting as much. The stone is an antique and we got it set in a modern setting. I adore it and love that it just doesn't exist anywhere else! Colour is F/G. There's one inclusion you can see with the naked eye which I feel just adds to its charm!

Very pretty! :love: It would be lovely if you would share more photos....pretty please. :appl:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great thread! I love all of the beauties posted so far. Last summer, I acquired a rose cut diamond ring on the Bistro that was originally owned by another PSer. I am still smitten!

img_15626.jpg

_39166.jpg

img_15627.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ihy138|1489549911|4140416 said:
What a great thread! I love all of the beauties posted so far. Last summer, I acquired a rose cut diamond ring on the Bistro that was originally owned by another PSer. I am still smitten!

Ooh lovely! :love:
Thank you for sharing!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OH.. Im sorry.. was that drool I left on your screen? I'm in love with them all ladies..seriously.

plpinkinsa

Rough_Rock
Wow beautiful rings ladies keep them coming! My next diamond will be a rose cut! I've been stalking rose cut diamonds for months lol

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
The ring on the left is from about 1800, so 200+ years old. It's set with a sugarloaf sapphire and little rose cut diamonds all around. This was the ring Mr Bcat used to propose with. The other bits on the right are rose cut white topaz, one backed with silver to make it look more like an antique rose cut diamond that is several years old now (it's a scarf ring), and the one on the right is brand new, and hasn't had anything done to it (yet) but it's going to be part of a pair of earrings.
rosecuts2.jpg

And I also have a rustic rose cut eternity in 18K YG. Not everyone's cup of tea, perhaps, but I think it's kind of cool and edgy.

ygstack1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results