carat
color
clarity

1.5 solitaire with 7 stone wedding band question

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone

I am getting a new set made which has a 1.5ct solitaire band paired with a 7 stone shared prong (scalloped sides) band. The 7 stone will be 11 pointers.

I can’t decide whether to keep the solitaire classic on a plain WG band, or to get a diamond pave band.

For reference I have a size 4 finger.

Would love to see any photos you have with a pave engagement band and a 7 stone or eternity wedding band.

Would love any thoughts, opinions, photos you care to share.

Thanks so much!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KirstLWA|1486801100|4127364 said:
Hi Everyone

I am getting a new set made which has a 1.5ct solitaire band paired with a 7 stone shared prong (scalloped sides) band. The 7 stone will be 11 pointers.

I can’t decide whether to keep the solitaire classic on a plain WG band, or to get a diamond pave band.

For reference I have a size 4 finger.

Would love to see any photos you have with a pave engagement band and a 7 stone or eternity wedding band.

Would love any thoughts, opinions, photos you care to share.

Thanks so much!

Go through wedding set threads. Just do a search.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep the plain shank on the e-ring. I love a solitaire and an eternity band together!

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock
I would keep it plain since 11 pointers is a lot of bling (imo) for a wedding band. It makes the ering stand out if the shank is more plain.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that a plain band would look better. It would make each ring stand out, instead of just being one big cluster of bling (not that I'm against that). ;))

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
KirstLWA, I would love to see handshots of your eternity alone, and with your e-ring when you get it!

How thick will the shank on your solitaire be? Do you want the center stone to look like it is floating on your finger, or do you want it to actually look like a ring? Pave on the shank will make it visible all the time, whereas plain shanks (especially silver tones) disappear in certain lighting.

Personally, I would keep the shank thin if you go with pavé and pair it with an eternity band. However, if that's not what your heart wants, definitely go with what you desire.

Here's a beautiful example of a pavé solitaire with an eternity band. According to FrankiexTah, her Michael B. Paris solitaire has 1.8mm shank, and the diamonds in the eternity band are 8-pointers. Ring size is 5.

Keep in mind your finger is smaller, and your eternity has larger stones, so your set will have even more presence! I would advise getting a spacer band, too. FrankiexTah's is 1mm wide.

20101114-IMG_3254a.jpg
20101114-IMG_3241a.jpg
IMG_2968a.jpg
IMG_2967a.jpg

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for replying everyone.

Skhii, thanks for those pictures, isn't that set to die for!

I don't have either of the rings as yet! Am looking at having it all custom made so it can all fit together with band width etc being the same so it can all sit as flush as possible.

Just wasn't sure if I should go with the diamonds on the engagement ring or leave it plain and let the centre stone shine.

So, it is all up for negotiation. I am happy to go down in size for the 7 stone, to say 8 pointers if it will look better.

The only thing I am really set on is having hopefully a 1.5ct!!

I do love to stack as well so am open to having 2 thin prong set bands, one either side of the engagement ring rather than the 1 shared prong band.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
everyone differs, which is GREAT; but, my personal fav is a plain shank with a diamond band. Iv you look at my Threads - look at the one where I say I got a U-band. Good luck deciding!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results