shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your bezel rings

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ladies! I'm in LOVE with bezels!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
armywife13|1423485010|3829715 said:
My 1.02 ct antique pear, the bezel setting is 18kt yellow gold with a 22kt wash. Both the diamond and setting are from Jewels by Grace.

OH MY!!!! :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
lorrissey said:
armywife13|1423485010|3829715 said:
My 1.02 ct antique pear, the bezel setting is 18kt yellow gold with a 22kt wash. Both the diamond and setting are from Jewels by Grace.

OH MY!!!! :love:

Thanks!!! I am loving this chunky pear. I think the modern style of the bezel with the brushed finish really compliments the diamond.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to add this one to the thread, though it appeared awhile back when posted by its previous owner. I love the simplicity and incredible sparkle of this ring, and wear it (RHR) most days. IIRC the center is a K and the sides are J/K (tcw approx. 1.41). The camera really picked up a lot of tint that doesn't appear this noticeable in person ... probably due to the surroundings & light source, as the diamonds face up quite white to me, though I am admittedly not very color sensitive. I just love the wearability of bezels and all those posted in this thread. :love:

_968.jpeg

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
diamondhoarder|1454875247|3988088 said:
Love that ring Hipchik! Really unusual and very pretty.

Here are my bezel rings:

with colorless and treated blue and green diamonds:

And rose gold and diamonds:

Talk about unusual. Love those fancy diamonds and the stacked look!,

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
blackberry16|1249347731|119271 said:
As some of you know I just reset my original e-ring in a James Meyer setting. It took me five years to discover that bezel is my favorite setting and I now love looking at all the different bezels out there. Please post pictures of all the bezels you love.
I will start:
This is my 1.10 ct in a platinum James Meyer 1345.

bberryjm1.jpg

bberryjm2.jpg

bberryjm3.jpg

bberryjm4.jpg

bberryjm5.jpg

bberryjm6.jpg

bberryjm7.jpg

bberryjm8.jpg
I really love this ring. It is flawless!

steviedsgirl

Rough_Rock
My .75(ish), OEC, VS1 (or better), L-M color promise ring. Bought for myself back in 1997 because I liked it and was very single. Now it will be used as my engagement ring. The problem I'm having is getting a band or bands to fit with the stepped setting. I like the simple, safe setting -- any suggestions on where to find a band or bands to fit? I do have 18 2mm, L-M, VS2, older cut stones on the way to put into bands of some kind.

dsc_405.jpg

dsc_9894.jpg

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just thought that I'd add a picture of the bezeled yellow diamond that I bought preloved from Abbey12. It's such a versatile little ring. I can't wait to create other ways to stack it.

img_14257.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I have a question about original post. I adire James Meyer jewelry, and I actually talk to him in person. I wanted one of my stones to be set in his setting, and he told me he does not work with costomer's stones. The same was written on his website. I really admire the setting, and I am not interested in diamonds. I've contacted his around 3 years ago, still hoping, but your original post is from 2009.

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
alice87|1483896576|4113533 said:
I have a question about original post. I adire James Meyer jewelry, and I actually talk to him in person. I wanted one of my stones to be set in his setting, and he told me he does not work with costomer's stones. The same was written on his website. I really admire the setting, and I am not interested in diamonds. I've contacted his around 3 years ago, still hoping, but your original post is from 2009.

I was interested in having my diamond re-set into a James Meyer bezel as well, and did some research on PS last year. I read that he used to re-set customer's stones, but he stopped doing that a few years ago. Now you can only get a James Meyer ring if you buy the stone and setting together through him. :((

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I've looked through this lovely thread multiple times over the years. Probably should add my bezel stacks (because I seem to have a little problem with bezeled stackers.... :tongue: )

Left to right are: rustic rose cut diamond stacker,diamond stacker, diamond/sapphire stacker, garnet stacker, another diamond stacker with alternating bezels and marquise shapes, my Van C wedding band with teeeeny tiny little bezeled diamonds, and a filigree band with teeny tiny bezeled diamonds...there's one baguette/round one missing from the pic because I couldn't remember where I took it off....I think that concludes my bezeled stacking rings (for now...)

Did I mention I :love: bezels?

bezels.jpg

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
bunnycat|1486770529|4127290 said:
I've looked through this lovely thread multiple times over the years. Probably should add my bezel stacks (because I seem to have a little problem with bezeled stackers.... :tongue: )

Left to right are: rustic rose cut diamond stacker,diamond stacker, diamond/sapphire stacker, garnet stacker, another diamond stacker with alternating bezels and marquise shapes, my Van C wedding band with teeeeny tiny little bezeled diamonds, and a filigree band with teeny tiny bezeled diamonds...there's one baguette/round one missing from the pic because I couldn't remember where I took it off....I think that concludes my bezeled stacking rings (for now...)

Did I mention I :love: bezels?

bezels.jpg

Wow, so many great bands, bunnycat! :clap:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my bezel ring. 5 diamonds in yellow gold. Worn with 2 white bubble rings.

img_0047_0.jpg

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Sparkle_ruckle|1423287978|3828627 said:
Is this counted?

Diamond Halo with sapphire in a bezel. This is the only "bezel" i own.
blue_sapphire_ring__1_.jpg
blue_sapphire_ring__2_.jpg
blue_sapphire_ring__6_.jpg

Not the clearest photo, but it's throwing off some fire so I thought I'll share. :)
blue_sapphire_ring_fire_shot.jpg

This ring is perfection! The sapphire is amazing and the setting really accentuates it's beauty. Lucky girl!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A birthday present, 1ct min VSi I in platinum ring and another birthday present .40pts VSi I in 18ct white gold earrings. Both GIA certified. I haven't managed to capture how sparkly they are :shifty:

img_15351.jpg

img_15352.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I recently reset my ring into a bezel setting. I actually loved the original setting, but had always worried about the sidestones falling out due to how they were set. When I did finally lose a sidestone, I decided to reset into a bezel both because it is so secure and also because I love how bezels accentuate the shape of an asscher.

Stats (all stone were re-used)
Carat: 1.55
Cut: square emerald
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Sidestones: 2 18-point pears (G color), 4 1-point round brilliants

Original setting in platinum from Shreve, Crump & Low
New setting in platinum by David Klass

ring_before_and_0.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1488391839|4135237 said:
I recently reset my ring into a bezel setting. I actually loved the original setting, but had always worried about the sidestones falling out due to how they were set. When I did finally lose a sidestone, I decided to reset into a bezel both because it is so secure and also because I love how bezels accentuate the shape of an asscher.

Stats (all stone were re-used)
Carat: 1.55
Cut: square emerald
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Sidestones: 2 18-point pears (G color), 4 1-point round brilliants

Original setting in platinum from Shreve, Crump & Low
New setting in platinum by David Klass

Your ring has always been one of my favorites! :love: Asschers look so good bezeled!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
I just posted my ring - 6 settings in 6 years. But I thought I'd add a picture here. It is a bezel with a halo. 3.02 center. Design by CvB.

img_44.png

Katlo

Rough_Rock
Hello!

My ring is a complete bezel, rub-over setting. I am wondering how you find the light performance of your centre diamond going from prongs to bezel. Have you noticed any less sparkle? I have always wondered if my diamond would perform better if it was not bezel set, as the sides are completely covered with metal at the moment... the only potential for sparkle is from the top of the diamond if that makes sense!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Katlo said:
Hello!

My ring is a complete bezel, rub-over setting. I am wondering how you find the light performance of your centre diamond going from prongs to bezel. Have you noticed any less sparkle? I have always wondered if my diamond would perform better if it was not bezel set, as the sides are completely covered with metal at the moment... the only potential for sparkle is from the top of the diamond if that makes sense!

Ideally (ha!), the diamond's performance would not be affected by the setting. See the illustration below--in a well-cut diamond, all of the light comes in through crown or table, then bounces off of the pavilion and goes back out the crown or the table. If the pavilion is too shallow or too deep, then the light can't reflect correctly and you get leakage. So in a poorly-cut diamond with a lot of leakage, the bezel may exacerbate that. But in a diamond with little to no leakage, it won't affect the performance at all.

P.S.--bunnycat, thank you so much! That was very sweet!

ps_shallow_deep.jpg

Katlo

Rough_Rock
Ideally (ha!), the diamond's performance would not be affected by the setting. See the illustration below--in a well-cut diamond, all of the light comes in through crown or table, then bounces off of the pavilion and goes back out the crown or the table. If the pavilion is too shallow or too deep, then the light can't reflect correctly and you get leakage. So in a poorly-cut diamond with a lot of leakage, the bezel may exacerbate that. But in a diamond with little to no leakage, it won't affect the performance at all.

P.S.--bunnycat, thank you so much! That was very sweet!

ps_shallow_deep.jpg
Hi,

Thank you for your response! I'm not sure of the cut quality of my diamond. I can't remember if it was noted on the HRD certificate or not! Will have to have another look. Thanks again! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results