shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angelina

Rough_Rock
Well Girls... I need your advice.

I have been waiting for the ring every since May 27th- when I stumbled across the withdrawl slip that paid for the ring.

I am crabby, emotional, and wondering what in the world he is waiting for.
Today I broke down, and hinted about how patient I am, and how wonderful he is...etc. etc...
and I was told that he wants it to be special.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal? How are you patiently waiting?
WHAT IS THIS MAN THINKING?!?!?!?!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Try searching for the Boy Soon thread...they are strange and perveerse creatures but dont mean us mental harm. Perhaps he is having the ring made custom and so even though he has paid for it, he is still waiting for it to be ready. Oh maybe the slip was for something else.
33.gif

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Hey angelina, you''ve come to the right place. "The Ladies in Waiting" came about because there were just so many of us who were waiting for the proposal. There are many different situations but we all know how you feel .
19.gif

I find the best thing is not to think about it all the time, it WILL drive you nuts! Try find a distraction... mine is currently Harry Potter but whatever works for you.
9.gif

angelina

Rough_Rock
Hmm... where can I find that thread??

I know that around mid-May the setting was finished.
I had to go into the jeweler to be sure it was exactly how I wanted it.
She was then waiting for the money so the center stone could be set.

The bf and I don''t keep anything ''secret'', so I knew the exact cost.
I''m positive the withdrawl was for the ring.

I guess it may be time to find a better hobby- I can only workout so much!

Boy, when it finally does happen he''s going to hear about how stressed I''ve been!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay well if you know for sure then you know for sure. I dont know what to tell you. The are we there yet is where all the LIW hang out. If you like JenWill will add your name to the list. Post about anything and everything. Welcome!

lost on 5th

Shiny_Rock
if you dont mind the input from a "strange and perveerse creature"
25.gif

my guess. is he is trying to make it special. you already know so much about the ring and setting and everything.... to make sure its perfect for you. i am guessing he wants it to be something special... something you can remember and look back on and smile. up to now the ring was just simply a ring....little more than metal and stone... just an object. its when he gives it to you that it becomes special. this is his turn to plan a memory for both of you.

....just give him some time and try to live in the moment. smile knowing what will eventually come and let the anticipation bubble up inside. try to enjoy.
35.gif

angelina

Rough_Rock
That was really insightful.
Perhaps he''s got far more ''upstairs'' than I had anticipated!

I''m just not very good with patience.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2005 12:46:38 AM
Author: lost on 5th
if you dont mind the input from a ''strange and perveerse creature''
25.gif

my guess. is he is trying to make it special. you already know so much about the ring and setting and everything.... to make sure its perfect for you. i am guessing he wants it to be something special... something you can remember and look back on and smile. up to now the ring was just simply a ring....little more than metal and stone... just an object. its when he gives it to you that it becomes special. this is his turn to plan a memory for both of you.

....just give him some time and try to live in the moment. smile knowing what will eventually come and let the anticipation bubble up inside. try to enjoy.
35.gif
Sorry about that....no offense intended. And I think you are right, so good luck waiting Agelina and keep your naisl done your hands looks super fabulous when you post a ton of hand pictures!
26.gif

lost on 5th

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2005 10:31:03 AM
Author: Matatora

Date: 6/30/2005 12:46:38 AM
Author: lost on 5th
if you dont mind the input from a ''strange and perveerse creature''
25.gif
Sorry about that....no offense intended. And I think you are right, so good luck waiting Agelina and keep your naisl done your hands looks super fabulous when you post a ton of hand pictures!
26.gif
none taken.
3.gif
there is some truth in that statement anyway.
2.gif

angelina- practice your close up picture taking
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Boy Soon here is the primary boy soon link, however if you hit the search button and type in boy soon you will find that there are a several other threads that relate. Take Heart Angelina you are not the only one. *hug*

angelina

Rough_Rock
You guys are keeping me busy today!
I need this!

My chin is up, and I''m trying to stay positive!

petuniaprincess

Rough_Rock
I just got engaged this weekend, but previously I had been waiting and waiting (finding the ring was problematic) for what felt like forever...so I can understand where you are coming from. Just remember that this is a huge step for both of you...but the guys have to deal with the pressure of making this the MOST (or one of the most) precious moments of your life. He is probably still gathering his thoughts on how to make it an unforgettable moment for you both!!
17.gif

Trust me, when you least expect it, it will happen and it will be perfect.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I read this once and I like it... "I hate patience, it slows everything down"
9.gif
. If he has planning the proposal since mid MAY, it is bound to be very special and meaningful. I think proposals are really important to guys because a) It''s a story you''ll tell all your girl friends when they see your ring b) It''s the story you''ll tell you kids and your grandkids. Feel free to vent!

angelina

Rough_Rock
Hey there...

Well, he just left my house. The strangest part about all of this is how we joke around about getting engaged.
We laugh about it, and he teases me about how it should just happen already.
He asks if he''s going to have to attend the shower, and how painful that will be, and then laughs.
It''s funny- and we joke around about it comfortably.

Then I dropped the line about how he''s had since May to figure out a magical way to ask.
He then states, "I''ve thought about it a little. But haven''t really had enough time".
It''s amazing how two little lines can send me into complete parnoia.
I then, in a humorous tone, ask him how two months isn''t enough time to figure something out.
He replies with, "I''m just joking.". Laughs, and drops the subject.

Am I being ridiculously obsessive?
19.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahhh...a rhetorical question? Women always obsess...it seems to be in our DNA. I agree with others that men might feel a bit or a lot of pressure to make the proposal so fanstastic...it is something you are going to share with people over and over again. I recall the Sex in the City episode where Trey proposes to Charlotte or rather she proposes to him and he says "Alrighty..." and she FREAKS that this is the story her grandkids will hear. Number 1: have faith...it seems that he is in gear and just waiting to have the right moment Two: know that if a man can joke he is comfortable with the situation and his role in it and Three: if he is anything like my guy, the element of surprise, especially since you know so much about the ring, is likely important to him. Maybe drop a casual hint that yes, you want it to be special, but he does not have to reinvent the wheel; you will be so thrilled to have him ask and begin the journey...maybe that will take some pressure off and he will suddenly find the moment IS right? (just a thought...) Frankly, my husband did that "perfect time" thing about having kids and there never is a "perfect" time...sometime one just has to take the plunge!!! GOOD LUCK AND STAY POSITIVE!! ENJOY THE MOMENT WHEN IT COMES!

angelina

Rough_Rock
I do need to have faith in him, especially since he''s come this far.

I sometimes wonder how he didn''t cry when he withdrew the money from his savings.

Everyday is one day closer to the moment. I think I have to remember that- as hard as it may be.

I just have to keep smiling and laughing, and WAITING.

You guys are the best
1.gif

Angelina

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results