shape
carat
color
clarity

My first OEC - what do you think?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm very excited! Unfortunately the payment was pending on Friday, I guess she gets it on Monday. I hope for a quick shipping, and that I get it next week! I've heard FedEx is quick!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the link! Your ring is beautiful! I hope my diamond is going to be equally nice! It has shipped today, I hope to get it this week! I'm so excited!
If I like it, I have to find a temporary setting, likely a solitaire! If I ever going to have a CvB setting is written in the stars, but I admire them all! And not to forget the beautiful Margot setting from Erika Winter! Does someone know the price tag?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:rolleyes: After a seemed to be long waiting today my shipment arrived. It was not quite easy to get it, but now it's mine! :naughty:

As I opened the box, I was reall anxious, that its going to be too tinted, but after the first look I just knew, I like this kind of warmth.
I tried to make some good pictures, but its really hard to capture the beauty of this stone.

Now I just have to find a setting, which I like! A was considering a Stuller setting, or a solitaire from James Allen.

img_14555.jpg

img_14556.jpg

img_14557.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Your stone is beautiful! Have you thought about CVB designs for your ring?

Just a thought.... She does beautiful work with OEC's.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!!!!!! It's gorgeous!!!! It looks amazing on you and huge! So glad you love it, It's one of my favorite stones Erica has..... :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Queenie60 - Thank you for your suggestion with CvB, but unfortunately I've just paid today the price of a CvB setting to the Austrian State as VAT!! I've spent 95 % of my fund to the stone, I can buy now only a temporary solitaire. I'm going to ask Erica for a few quotes of Stuller settings.

Soxfan - I'm really happy with my purchase. You were right, this warm vanilla color is incredible! I'm going to take more pictures tomorrow, hopefully the sun will come out!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEEE! it's gorgeous! :love: and HUGE! how fantastic. I love that colour - it really is just a creamy colour, not a yellow at all

seekingshiny

Rough_Rock
Beautiful stone, and I'm glad that you love the color and are keeping the stone!

Hope you find a good setting to show off your new beauty!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Soxfan - I have seen this setting, and would be within price range, but it won't sit flush with a band. I wanted to have setting, which sits flush.

I was considering this settings:
http://www.stuller.com/products/build/122790/12018501/?groupId=192014#/mounting-options
Does someone know, what 14 k × 1 means? I'm just afraid, that the side stones would be G-H, and I would't like it.

http://www.stuller.com/products/build/122112/11028115/?groupId=121357#/mounting-options
This I like very much, it has a antique touch.

http://www.stuller.com/products/build/123213/12911579/?groupId=195274#/mounting-options
This I also really like, because it would highlight the stone.

Erica is going to quote me this settings, and then lets see. Maybe I go, and try to search locally too for an antique setting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: Amazing crisp faceting and just wow! So happy you love it and are keeping it. :appl:
Can't wait to see what setting you decide to get for her. Beautiful. :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dkata|1484817080|4116468 said:
I was considering this settings:
http://www.stuller.com/products/build/122790/12018501/?groupId=192014#/mounting-options
Does someone know, what 14 k × 1 means? I'm just afraid, that the side stones would be G-H, and I would't like it.
I'm pretty sure 14k X1 is 14k white gold and X1 is Stuller's alloy that doesn't need rhodium plating to look white - unlike most white golds which are somewhat gold-tinted.
I think G-H side stones might make your N look more coloured than it is and maybe a little dingy because of the contrast but I don't know given they're small side stones.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your nice replies! The setting is still a question, as I really need a cheep temporary solitaire, which sits flush with a band. The Stuller one I like, but a band wouldn't sit flush.

Does someone have an idea?

Erica quoted me the simple solitaire with 595 USD, but I would like to keep it under 500 USD, because the 20% VAT still applies. Together with shipping it would be almost 800 USD, and this wouldn't be a cheap solitaire.

In the future I really would like to have the Payton from CvD or the Margot from Erika Winters. But I have to wait for it...

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're open to 'pre-loved', here is a size 5, platinum cathedral mounting on LoupeTroop that held an ~8.5mm diamond for $325: https://loupetroop.com/listings/settings/stuller-platinum-cathedral-setting

I don't know what size you wear, and it may be that it needs a new peg to accommodate your diamond (someone else would have to weigh in on that). You would also need to ask the seller (not sure if she is a PSer or not) if they are willing to ship overseas, as some will not.

:wavey:

ETA - your diamond is GAWWWGEOUS! :love: I'm so glad you're happy with it! :appl:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl:
I just wanted to stop by and congratulate you on the beautiful stone! I missed the thread in the beginning and I can totally relate because you experienced exactly what I am going through as well (buying from EUrope, no nice stones locally, if oecs for sale at all, there are no certs, no way to get the tax and customs fees back in case of a return, no budget for a setting due to high taxes &fees). I love how you took a leap of faith and got rewarded!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely stone and large look on your hand. Congrats!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn - im ok with preloved, and my finger in 5-5.25, but unfortunately yellow gold won't look good on my skin. I'm looking for WG four prong solitaire setting. I may ask even Wink for a quote. Thank you for your suggestions.
Erica also wrote me, that in 14 g the setting would be under 500, because she quoted 18 k to me.

I may just contact James Allen. I really like this one:
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/engagement-rings/solitaire/14k-white-gold-2mm-comfort-fit-solitaire-engagement-ring-item-7086

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could have the yellow gold rhodium plated to white ... just a suggestion, since it's temporary. ;-)

Good luck! I hope you find a solution quick so you can begin enjoying that beauty on your finger! :wavey:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn - regarding the yellow gold setting - you are completely right, but you can't imagine in what kind of "service jungle" we are living here regarding jewelry. Engagement rings are still not common, so to redip a ring - I mean if I would ask my jeweler to do it - he just would stare, and ask me if I'm content. :)

I went to a jeweler, where we have bought our wedding bands. I asked them, if they had some settings on stock. You won't believe, the SA showed me rings with 0.25-0.3 ct. stones in settings, and told me, I could order the setting for my stone, I only should choose, which one I like. Then I told here, I wouldn't like to have a basket, and showed her a 4 prong ring. Then she pointed out: "this is a rectangular diamond". I just gave here a look, and told her, yes, I know, what a princess cut is.

So I hope you can imagine, what they would have said, if I asked them to redip a setting. :wall:

But I asked for a quote for a settingin 14 kg WG, and I hope it won't take a week to get it.

But back to my oec: I'm sitting here at my desktop in my home office, and working, and I wear the diamond in the stone holder on my hand. It's just beautiful!!!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh what a bummer! :((

I hope you're able to find something soon that lets you enjoy it! Hopefully the quote will come back & be workable for you while you plan for its permanent home. :wavey:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful OEC, I love the cushion shape and the color is lovely :love:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!!! That is a really beautiful OEC. Looking forward to seeing it set and handshots.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to add some pictures now that my daughter is asleep.

img_14644.jpg

img_14645.jpg

img_14648.jpg

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And maybe someone would be interested, that JA has 25 % on everything for Valentines Day! So I'm going to order my solitaire setting tomorrow as it won't get any cheaper! I'm so happy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results