shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm in love with my new little Padparadscha sapphire :)

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I finally have this little guy in my hand :). He is small but the bright orangy-pink color, especially in indirect sunlight. I am still waiting for the blazengems sapphire to be done cut and sent, but i'm already very happy with this one. I have a setting in mind for this one, but i'm curious in general of your opinion on what color gold with it. i was thinking white because I love the contrast of warm and cool, but i'm starting to like the warmth of yellow gold with it to bring out the warmth of the stone. Let me know of your opinions :)

In indirect sunlight
pa6.jpg
pa5.jpg

in my room lighting
pa2.jpg

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GRS report and setting :)

dsc02326.jpg
set_3.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone color and setting choice userangl
It's is sure to be lovely!
And how cool it is for you to be getting two!
Can you take additional pics of the stone sitting on/next to of colors of gold you already have/ or can ask to borrow of someone?
That should help decide?

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I agree with RFischer... For you snap some photos of it next to different colors of gold? I looooove the color :love:

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rfisher|1485027922|4117650 said:
Beautiful stone color and setting choice userangl
It's is sure to be lovely!
And how cool it is for you to be getting two!
Can you take additional pics of the stone sitting on/next to of colors of gold you already have/ or can ask to borrow of someone?
That should help decide?
Thanks. I'm actually only keeping one so I'm going to have to decide. I will post pics of it later next to gold

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi. Here are some pictures next to yellow and white gold. Unfortunately I couldn't get a good picture of the color and the brightness of the stone, but I hope this helps. I am leaning towards the white gold as I like the contrast of warm with cool. Please let me know what you think :)

pa9.jpg
pa10.jpg

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I would prefer yellow gold - it brings out the warmth of the stone IMO. Generally I prefer yellow gold though, so I have my bias. What do you like to wear?

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Desertrose|1485130811|4118265 said:
I would prefer yellow gold - it brings out the warmth of the stone IMO. Generally I prefer yellow gold though, so I have my bias. What do you like to wear?
I like both depending on the stone. I have my ruby and emerald ring in yellow gold and my blue sapphire, and cognac diamond in white gold, and my yellow sapphire in white gold with yellow basket. It's hard to choose the yellow brings out the warmth but the contrast for white gold makes it pop without really changing. Since the setting I want for it has a lot of gold around it I don't want the little stone to get lost, but pop :)+-+

Muhammad_Ali

Rough_Rock
I'm definitely leaning towards white gold here. The contrast "pops" more and it just feels more right. I feel like yellow gold would detract from the stunning padparadscha. Amazing stone either way :appl: :appl: :love:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I would probably set it in the white gold setting to make the stone "pop". It will blend more in yellow gold. I set my peachy pink sapphire in rose gold. It all blends together(which is the look I wanted), but it also has a diamond halo, so the added sparkle helps the sapphire stand out.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Yea...I agree with the white gold. It will look better I believe.
So this stone is the second stone you mentioned, the one from Blazengems?

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am biased towards yellow gold as I think it will bring out the warmth of the pad. Do you want to emphasis the orange or the pink? I could be wrong but I think white metal will emphasis the pink while yellow will bring out the orange.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Barrett|1485280871|4119090 said:
Yea...I agree with the white gold. It will look better I believe.
So this stone is the second stone you mentioned, the one from Blazengems?
It's the smaller stone. I have not got the one from Blazengems yet. What happened with blazengems is i bought a cut one from them and then they said it was sold a yr before and they didn't realize it was on there twice, and then he said he had one more piece of rough he had in the same color and he can send it out to get cut. Then I came across this one and it was on sale so bought it just in case I didn't like the blazengems one, but i really love the color on this little guy. I waiting to see if I like the blazengems one better before setting it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually prefer yellow for padparadscha but in this case, it looks better with white (although it lessened the peachiness).

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
So hard a decision. Some of folks them say yellow gold...some say white gold.
What to do??? :wall:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1485296680|4119247 said:
I usually prefer yellow for padparadscha but in this case, it looks better with white (although it lessened the peachiness).

Maybe it's my monitor or possibly just my eyes (lol), but I couldn't really tell the difference between the white gold and yellow gold in the pictures next to the pad. Chrono is very knowledgeable and she wouldn't steer you wrong. If you like the pad with white gold then I say go for it. You wear both metal colours so there is no wrong answer.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think white gold it is :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think the white gold will lend a contrast allowing the Pad to "pop". Good luck with your decision. It's a beautiful Pad. :love:

lexilex

Rough_Rock
Trade
Maybe it's the pictures, but I'm surprised they certified it as a padpa. It looks very pink :think:

Regardless! It's still a very pretty color :angel: Congrats on your new sapphire !

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: I'm in love with my new little Padparadscha sapphire :)c

lexilex|1485432831|4120046 said:
Maybe it's the pictures, but I'm surprised they certified it as a padpa. It looks very pink :think:

Regardless! It's still a very pretty color :angel: Congrats on your new sapphire !
Hi. Yes it is the pictures. For some reason it's very hard for my camera to pick up the orange I see. I took me a lot of time to even get somewhat close to what I posted. I guess the camera likes pink lol. If you look in the second pic down you should see the orange in it, but the ones near the gold are way off from the real color.

lexilex

Rough_Rock
Trade

userangl28212003|1485435669|4120050 said:

Hi. Yes it is the pictures. For some reason it's very hard for my camera to pick up the orange I see. I took me a lot of time to even get somewhat close to what I posted. I guess the camera likes pink lol. If you look in the second pic down you should see the orange in it, but the ones near the gold are way off from the real color.

I think you're right! I tried taking pictures of my 2.3 Ct square cushion Padpa ring today and it does look pink in the pictures!

But welcome to the Padpa club ! It's my favourite sapphire colour :love:

If you want to know mine is set on white gold. I think it looks nice but my mother says it would look better on rose gold.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

lexilex|1485445400|4120106 said:
userangl28212003|1485435669|4120050 said:

I think you're right! I tried taking pictures of my 2.3 Ct square cushion Padpa ring today and it does look pink in the pictures!

But welcome to the Padpa club ! It's my favourite sapphire colour :love:

If you want to know mine is set on white gold. I think it looks nice but my mother says it would look better on rose gold.
If i were setting it with a halo of diamonds around the pad it be in rose or yellow, but with the setting I want I feel it will get lost :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results