carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

OMG diamondseeker how could you hold that out on us! Bad Pricescoper!

Holy glob, that's gorgeous :appl:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker: I was admiring your gorgeous asscher on Caysie's Instagram and also read your long trek towards ownership of this dream of a rock! What a beauty, ds!! Congrats!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamondseeker your asscher ring is gorgeous. :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looooving all these step-cuts! :love: :love: :love:

Has anyone noticed how a lot of celebs sport EC erings? No wonder since step -cuts are such classic beauties! :appl: :love: :love: :love:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

Phoenix|1485145177|4118371 said:

Has anyone noticed how a lot of celebs sport EC erings? No wonder since step -cuts are such classic beauties! :appl: :love: :love: :love:

Yes I noticed that too....also on the "hall of fame...iconic" PS thread it seems like the majority of the posts were emerald and asscher cuts that made impressions on PSrs....interesting. Asschers were my first love in diamonds and I still love them.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-pricescope-hall-of-fame-iconic-pricescope-jewelry.212533/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-pricescope-hall-of-fame-iconic-pricescope-jewelry.212533/[/URL]

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1485145177|4118371 said:

Phoenix, just yesterday I looked through a series of photos of the 10 biggest engagement rings or something like that and 6 to 7 of them were EC or Asschers.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thrilled this thread exists...cuz I was going to add one, if it didn't...lol!!!
Step Cuts are GLORIOUS!!!
Everyone's Step Cut Stones are DIVINE!!
I am in LOVE with this thread!!!
I'm pleased to introduce my set, among all of your absolutely mouthwatering step cut eye candy! Ladies, I am so proud to sit in your "square". ;-)
I am in the beginning stages of creating a U prong Asscher Anniversary Band. As soon as it's finished, I'll start a thread, and add it, here!!! :love:

Engagement/proposal photos, wedding day photos, and random indoor and outdoor shots are included.

Specs:
1.07ct Emerald Cut Diamond
G color
SI2 clarity (perfectly eye clean) *My jeweler wants me to have it re-appraised...he believes it deserves a higher clarity grade.*
LxW ratio: 1.45:1 (6.90 x 4.74 x 3.28mm)
Good Polish/Good Symmetry (*also questioned by my jeweler...he would give it VG ratings MIN on both)
Flourescence: none

My wedding band is comprised of 8 stacked, straight baguettes (approx. 0.15ct each), alternating with 5 RB's (approx. 0.20ct each) for a total of 1cttw.
Both bands are 14K WG. ER has custom platinum 4 prong head to protect the EC Diamond.
ER: Neil Lane, Art Deco, Vintage, split shank setting with a total of 0.625cttw bead set RB's. Millgrain, and signature scroll/leaf design.
WR: Bar Set, Custom hand engraved with Art Deco design to match the ER. Millgrain and signature scroll/leaf design.
Total Carats: 2.695cttw
Ring Size: 6 (finger size: 5.5/5.75)

IMG_5216.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

IMG_0904.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

Last edited:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glorious set, Matthews1127!
Thank you, AlexT!!! I have always loved step cut stones for as long as I can remember!! Every CZ ring I have is EC, and I have a large, step cut Citrine ring set in a sterling silver "X" prong setting.
I waited a long time for my diamonds (took me 38 years to find Mr. Right-almost 42 years to marry him). Now that I have the rings of my dreams, I just want to add to them...lol! I'm extremely fortunate that my DH understands my obsession with everything that sparkles!! I am so excited to make my Asscher Anniversary Band! I'll start that thread, as soon as it's finished!!! :lol-2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, AlexT!!! I have always loved step cut stones for as long as I can remember!! Every CZ ring I have is EC, and I have a large, step cut Citrine ring set in a sterling silver "X" prong setting.
I waited a long time for my diamonds (took me 38 years to find Mr. Right-almost 42 years to marry him). Now that I have the rings of my dreams, I just want to add to them...lol! I'm extremely fortunate that my DH understands my obsession with everything that sparkles!! I am so excited to make my Asscher Anniversary Band! I'll start that thread, as soon as it's finished!!! :lol-2:

That's just lovely! And I have to say you have the hands of a 20 year old, so your lengthy search is a surprise! Congratulations to you & I can't wait to see your Anniversary band! It is my 10th Wedding Anniversary in Sept & I am hoping for a nice right hand ring, as I already have a full eternity in my wedding set. Fingers crossed!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's just lovely! And I have to say you have the hands of a 20 year old, so your lengthy search is a surprise! Congratulations to you & I can't wait to see your Anniversary band! It is my 10th Wedding Anniversary in Sept & I am hoping for a nice right hand ring, as I already have a full eternity in my wedding set. Fingers crossed!
Alex T,
That is the greatest compliment!! Thank you! :kiss:
I think you deserve a RHR!! 10 years?! Congratulations!!! That's wonderful!
5/27/17 marks 6 months for us, and that excites me...lol!!
Do you have something specific in mind for your RHR, or are you hoping for a surprise?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T,
That is the greatest compliment!! Thank you! :kiss:
I think you deserve a RHR!! 10 years?! Congratulations!!! That's wonderful!
5/27/17 marks 6 months for us, and that excites me...lol!!
Do you have something specific in mind for your RHR, or are you hoping for a surprise?

Thank you! Do you know, it has passed in a complete blur. We were married so quickly after a whirlwind & our eldest was born shortly after, who was 8 in March & our youngest is 6. It has been a busy 9.5 years so far! I have always wanted the Tiffany shared prong half eternity. I know I can get bigger & better elsewhere, but my heart sings for Tiffany. My husband doesn't get diamonds, so I am extremely lucky to have the beautiful things I have. I am pushing my luck for a RHR!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed for you! My DH isn't a jewelry person, either, but he understands that I am...lol! Quite frankly, he can't complain: I promised him a fishing partner (I just got my first fishing license EVER...just to fish with him), and a cabin in the woods in exchange for diamonds...diamonds...and more diamonds...lol! I don't think that's a bad exchange. :lol:
I do hope you get a sweet surprise for your 10 year Anniversary! Please start a thread, if you do; I'd LOVE to see it & share in your excitement!!! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful EC and rings, Matthews1127. I can't wait to see your asscher band.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful EC and rings, Matthews1127. I can't wait to see your asscher band.
Marcy,
Your collection is exquisite!!
I'm so thrilled you shared!! I get so excited about step cuts!! I LITERALLY get heart flutters...lol! Step cuts are the red-headed step child in the world of diamonds...EVERYONE should own at LEAST one!
But...that's just my opinion. ;-)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Matthews1127. I agree everyone should own at least one step cut. They are amazing. EC were my favorite shape when I first started buying jewelry - the cheap stuff - and they still are my favorite. IMO they can hold their own against any other diamond. Do they perform like other shapes, heck no; but then again those other shapes can't perform like an EC.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Matthews1127. I agree everyone should own at least one step cut. They are amazing. EC were my favorite shape when I first started buying jewelry - the cheap stuff - and they still are my favorite. IMO they can hold their own against any other diamond. Do they perform like other shapes, heck no; but then again those other shapes can't perform like an EC.
"Rock On"!! That's what makes step cuts so unique, and (to me) more valuable! They are not as popular, which makes them "special", and less common. I prefer to stand out of the crowd, and I love seeing photos of fellow PSers who truly appreciate a good step cut diamond. I searched for nearly 20 years for the diamond my DH (then, boyfriend) and I happened upon, on a whim...lol! Every girl has her favorite. Mine are EC's & Asschers. ;-)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning Matthews 1127 and looks like it belongs on that beautiful hand of yours. Congratulations on your marriage!

Thank you mentioning fishing. My 3 year old niece has asked for a pink fishing pole and after reading your post I found one for her online.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Great set Matthews. Congrats on your marriage! Another step cuts die hard fan here! :D

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning Matthews 1127 and looks like it belongs on that beautiful hand of yours. Congratulations on your marriage!

Thank you mentioning fishing. My 3 year old niece has asked for a pink fishing pole and after reading your post I found one for her online.

Calliecake,
Thank you so very much! I'm so glad you found your niece a pink fishing rod! My husband is quite the fisherman; it's his favorite past time. I joined the "club" just to be able to share in his joy of it, and to actually spend time with him...lol! Our first outing, we caught a total of 14 fish: 13 trout & 1 catfish. 11 of those catches were MINE (WHAT?!), and my first catch was an 18" trout...what a beauty!! We catch & toss back, so we didn't bring any home for dinner (this time). We'll see what we catch the next time around! My daughter is 7 years old (she is the youngest of our blended family of 6 children), and she LOVES to fish with Daddy. I hope you & your family enjoy fishing with your niece!
I must mention, while we were out, casting away, there was a huge yellow palomino who kept avoiding our line. I have no understanding of what that is, or what it means to see one. Apparently, it's not common, and to see one that big, is unusual. So, I called it "The Fancy Yellow"...lol! Even when I'm fishing, I'm thinking of diamonds!!!! :lol:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great set Matthews. Congrats on your marriage! Another step cuts die hard fan here! :D
Acebruin,
Thank you very much!
I'm happy to be among some of the greatest step cut lovers out there!
Your wife's fancy yellow step cut is beautiful!! You did a great job! I'll be looking for more step cut eye candy!!!
Keep 'em coming!!! :D

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty EmeraldDiamondCity. What are the stats on your diamond? It looks huge!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EmeraldDiamondCity, you have some serious finger coverage. I am with Matthews1127 - it's got to be blinding in sunlight. :appl: The flashes off my 1.27 carat in sunlight are really intense.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EmeraldDiamondCity, you have some serious finger coverage. I am with Matthews1127 - it's got to be blinding in sunlight. :appl: The flashes off my 1.27 carat in sunlight are really intense.

Ditto!! My 1.07ct EC packs a wallop, as well, esp in the company of my rounds-alternating-with-baguettes wedding band!
Dear God, I can only imagine the FIRE!! :love::love::cheeky::cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results