shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I can certainly understand blowing a gasket over that vendor. Often these companies just like testing you to see what you're willing to tolerate. You clearly demonstrated you weren't willing to accept much. Good for you!

So I had my recheck eye exam this morning. The prescription was really off. No wonder I thought I was going blind and couldn't see clearly out of the new glasses. I already dropped the new prescription off at the optician and will wait for the new lenses to be made. They're made in a lab somewhere else, so I won't get my glasses back until next week at the earliest. I'll use the new glasses a few days to make sure everything is good before having them get the new lenses for my sun glasses.

I hope your day is much much calmer today.

Ps: Has anyone else noticed the link at the top of notifications isn't a link anymore? I have to copy and paste it into a new browser page to get to the post.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I am relieved to hear your biopsy came back negative. Now to get the rest of your treatment figured out and started. How long do you have to take antibiotics?

I think Marty would be great as a gym owner and working with people but I don’t have the courage for him to give self-employment a try. My dad owned his own business and did okay but he worked 2 jobs. His other job was with the railroad. I doubt our family could have lived off his income from his garage (he was a mechanic).

We may still have some of the artic express blasts in February or March. I can’t say 80 degrees sounds bad to me.

Good deal your eye exam and replacement lenses won’t cost you anything. I know our eye doctor will do doctor’s change to check your eyes again and 2 times now I’ve done a style change when I found the glasses I picked didn’t work for me. Great idea to make sure your glasses are right before sending off your sunglasses.

I have noticed the links don’t always work for me.

Dee Jay, a 1.33 pear would be great as a pendant. I am looking at between .70 to .90 carat range. If I buy it from someone who does upgrades I can go larger at some later date. It is nice to use diamonds to trade up for something else. Do you have pictures of your pair and your oval? I don’t think I’ve seen them. I love ovals in gemstones.

Holy crap what a pain at work. Don’t you love vendors that “know” about a problem but don’t fix it or let you know. And naturally it would be something with a deadline. I am glad they had it working today. I would have blown a gasket at them too. One of the guys who develops our software is so condescending he is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I’d love to smack him or at least have a Tourette’s outburst on him.

I met a friend for lunch today. The weather was amazing and I sure thought of getting sick at lunch.

I’ve noticed an older man at the restaurant we meet at every week. He eats alone and chats a lot with the help there. He kind of reminds me of my dad so I paid for his lunch when we left. I told them not to tell him – he wouldn’t know me anyway – just tell him his lunch was paid for already. I can’t believe it’s almost 3 years since he passed away. I think I’ll take that day off.

I printed out a bunch handouts tonight for the astronomy meeting this weekend. If I can’t dazzle them with my brilliance, I’ll distract them with shuffling paperwork.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today we become The United States of Walmart Corporation with CEO Puss-Grab at the helm.

I think I'm gonna puke.

Again.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm with you. I feel nothing but doom and gloom for our future, my marriage, the healthcare of millions and freedom for all. It's done now. All we can hope is he somehow figures out he's President of all Americans. Not just the ones who voted for and support him.

I'm in an office full of celebrators today. I can't watch the coronation. Everyone else has the ceremony on at their desk. I'm listening to music on my fabulous Parrot Zik, Bluetooth headphones, which also block the outside sounds from filtering in.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Saturday kids.

Rod, my office had Mexican food for lunch yesterday. I had to laugh at the unintentional irony!

I ended up working a bit late and then the CB and I went out to a local Asian place for dinner. (I say "Asian" because their menu is a mish-mash of Chinese, Thai, and Japanese.) It is always OK -- never great -- but we hadn't been there for a while so I enjoyed it. It's also BYOB so that's a plus!

Today the CB and I were going to go to the boat house but instead we're waiting for a plumber to come and rod out the sinks in two units due to back-up and black stuff erupting in them. Yuck. And once again... Ah; the joys of being president. NOT.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, that's funny about having Mexican on Trump's coronation day!

Last night we went with two of our neighbors to a sushi restaurant down the street. One of the guys is gay and in his 40s. The other is a Trump voter and 26 years old. He's actually a great guy, but the 3 of us have absolutely no interest in or excitement about the Trump Presidency. Fortunately, he knows it and the subject wasn't brought up. Otherwise, we had a very nice time.

My two nephews from Maryland, both flew in with their girlfriends to visit my brother. They flew in Thursday night and are flying out tomorrow morning. I'm kind of annoyed though. I told my brother we'd come down and spend the afternoon with them all. I got up and texted him first thing this morning to see what the plan was for today. Two hours later, he calls and says they're getting ready to go to the beach and we should just get in our car and drive down. We hadn't even had breakfast, and the antibiotic I'm on, says I can't be in the sun for any length of time. I'm annoyed because they could have let us know what they were planning last night, instead of getting us to do something at the very last second. So, we're just going to go down there for dinner. I think we may go see La La Land this afternoon.

DeeJay, I'm guessing you don't have a property manager for your condo? At least our association was large enough to have a property manager, so I didn't have to deal with maintenance issues myself. I just called the manager and they took care of whatever needed to be fixed. Of course that costs money, but it was a reasonable cost and made my life so much easier as President.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, oh YES we do have a property manager, and he's about as useful as tits on a bull to quote my great grandmother, god rest her soul. Pretty much all of the maintenance coordination and oversight falls on me.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, if you have to deal with routine maintenance instead of relying of the property manager you pay, it's time to fire that manager and get someone you can count on. Yes it is.

We're under a tornado warming until 10:00 PM. A cold front is going to come through and tomorrow should be cooler. Not cold, but cooler at least. We could certainly use some rain. It's been so dry for weeks that we're under strict water restrictions and absolutely no outdoor burning.

My Nephews and their girlfriends flew in Friday and out early this morning. We got to spend time with them at my brothers yesterday and it was really nice being with them. Both boys have really nice girlfriends.

Today's been a very lazy day. Charlie gave me a haircut. We got the spa water tested and went to the grocery store. Charlie decided he wanted White Bean Chili. I was more in the mood for beef soup. So we made two pots of soup. Both were great.

Just watched a sappy Hallmark movie. You know the kind. The girl makes a wish to see how her life would turn out in 10 years and the wish kind of comes true. Maybe if I make a wish, I'll wake up tomorrow morning and find out I'm rich and don't have to go to work. LOL

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, that is interesting you BYOB to that Asian restaurant. Is it a case where they don’t have a liquor license and they don’t care if you bring in alcohol?

The plumbing problems do sound gross. I sucked a bunch of spaghetti down our drain once that clogged up the garbage disposal. That was nasty enough.

That kind of stinks the property manager doesn’t handle things and lets you take care of them.

Rod, sorry your brother didn’t let you know the plans ahead of time. I hope you had fun catching up with everyone at dinner though.

Oh no for a tornado warning. It seems early for that to start but I think I was one did some damage in Mississippi today. Be safe. I know you’ll enjoy cooler weather. I hate to hear it so dry there.

I hope your wish comes true!

We had a busy weekend. Friday night we had our astronomy meeting. I geared it towards newbees who have no clue what to do with a telescope and how to find things. Everyone that came to the meeting already knows how to use a telescope. Everyone enjoyed it though and asked some questions.

After the meeting a few of us went out for pie and coffee and swapped lies.

Yesterday I had to get the house picked up before the poker game, do some shopping and get supper in the oven. It seemed to be a very busy day. There were 4 guys playing poker and they had fun so that is all that matters. Marty lost so I didn’t get any new bling money.

This morning I made some brownies and picked up from the poker game getting ready for my sisters and BIL’s to come visit. We all went out to dinner then we had brownie sundaes here for dessert. It was a nice day. I only got lectured by my sister once. I was informed I should never email or text her because she just doesn’t check those things.

Have a fabulous week!

Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, I hope everything was ok with your weather. The guy in the office next to me said his girlfriend was trying to fly to Orlando and her 5 pm flight didn't leave the ground until after midnight because of the storms.

Curby, the restaurant used to be purely BYOB but they must have gotten a liquor license recently because they now have a beer and wine menu. When a switch over like that happens they usually let you bring your own in for a while through because a lot of people don't know yet.

Yesterday I went on a cleaning tear! Five loads of laundry (HOW do two people generate so much wash?!), scrubbed both bathrooms, vacuumed like mad, moved half of the furniture from one side of the unit to another and mopped, and put some kitchen stuff away that had been hanging out on the counter far too long. Tonight (or within the next few nights anyway) I need to move stuff and mop the other half of the condo. Whew! I always feel so good when that is done! The bookshelves are super dusty though and I'm just not sure I have it in me to do those in this cycle LOL.

Last night the CB and I ordered T-shirts. Mine says "Grab My Pussy I Dare you" and his says "Pussys Grab Back." We're going to wear them All The Time. He actually instigated the purchase of these -- I'm so proud of him!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, the front came through without any issues in our area. Some other areas had very strong winds, with a few trailers not fairing too well. But for us, we've had thunderstorms that were more potent.

Thanks for thinking about us.

I'll check in tonight from home.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, you asked for kitty pics. Charlie sent these to me today.

The first is Eri, who was trying to prove she was weak from not eating:

eri_1-23-17.jpg

And this is Emi who seems to want to climb the stairs from the outside:

emi_1-23-17.jpg

It's finally a bit cooler tonight. It's going all the way down to the high 50s. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I know it’s tough to get a new liquor license in our town. One of the places we go has a separate bar so you have to pay for your drinks as they serve them and pay for your meal as you leave. What a cleaning spree you started. It does feel good to get that kind of deep cleaning done. Too funny about the T-Shirts.

Rod, glad to hear you only had thunderstorms. It looked like the storms covered a pretty wide area. Wow have Eri and Emi grown. They are so cute. I’d take 50 degree weather but I am sure it is very cold to you.

I had a nice day at work. 3 of my employees called in sick. It was so peaceful. I did some of their work which I always find enjoyable; it is way more fun than my work.

It started to snow on my way home tonight. Winter is back. We aren’t expecting much snow but it will be cold the rest of the week.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, too funny that it was peaceful with three of your employees out! I would remind them of that the next time they act up -- "Wow, it was no lovely with your gone, and all the work got done with no problem too!"

Yesterday I got a ton done at work! I also stayed until about 7 working on something, and I probably should have just kept on going another 15 minutes but the HR director and I always leave together when we're there late because I walk to the parking garage with her and she was ready to go. Oh well, it will get done today. And speaking of today, I am wide awake about two hours early! Probably because I went to bed at 9 o'clock last night. No idea why I was so tired, but damn, I WAS!

It's strangely warm here... 40ish degrees in January in Chicago is strange. Last weekend it was 60 (SIXTY!) and we actually got out the lawn chairs and had cocktails on the veranda. Amazing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I will remember that line the next time one of my employees is driving me crazy! Thanks. If nothing else, it will give me something to smile at even if it’s only in my head. Good idea to leave with someone else when you work late. I hear about a lot of crime in your city! I used to be very nervous walking to my car at 10 pm at school. Usually some student stayed after class to talk to me about something and I’d try to walk out with them. If I walked out alone I’d go through all the building and go out the door nearest my car.

Good deal you got a lot of work done yesterday. Maybe that is why you were so tired. I hope you got rested up after a good night’s sleep.

You probably have some chilly weather and a bit of snow heading your way but then more warm weather. I still have faith that Mother Nature will get even with us in the spring.

We woke up to about an inch of snow; mostly enough to make it nice and icy. It was 14 in my car when I came home and I asked myself “why didn’t I have my chauffeur bring me to work?”

I’ve been looking at pear diamonds online tonight. Trying to spend money I don’t have.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on spending money you don't have. I just set up my new 15 year refinanced mortgage to pay extra principal so it finishes in 13 years and 3 months. Yowch -- that took a bite out of the budget. But I'm sure I'll be glad of it!

Rod, I forgot to say the kitties are looking quite content in their new home!

Last night the CB made bacon wrapped filets with roasted potatoes and carrots. I didn't really do much beyond that other than try to slog through this book I've downloaded. I have recently mastered the art of abandoning books but I'm so far into this one I feel like I might as well finish. It also did make me laugh out loud at one point early on so I'm hoping for a little more entertainment between now and the end.

I think I'm going to stick to my schedule and only work three days this week! That will require me really cranking things out for the rest of the day, but I am going to work on that starting NOW!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh.....I typed out a long post and it magically vanished. I don't why that happens. So here's the short version.
Had my follow up with the urologist. He really liked Charlie when he met him the day of my surgery. Instead of asking how I was doing, he asked how Charlie was. Most people like Charlie a lot when they meet him. Since I don't have cancer, we're going to try a two month trial of a different combination of meds and if they don't help, I'll have the reduction surgery in late April.

My lenses finally came in and I picked up my glasses after the doctor's visit. The prescription works and I can finally see clearly, thankfully.

I finally broke my two month placement drought and filled a job this week. Yeah. I was beginning to think I'd forgotten how to make placements.

That's about all my news.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am sure the refi did take a bite out of your budget but it is a great idea to shorten your mortgage. Your dinner sounds delicious. What book are you reading? It sounds good. I hope you did get through your work today so you have the rest of the week off. Sweet.

Rod, that is cool everyone likes Charlie. They know you have good taste then. Sending mega get better dust your way that the meds take care of you so you won’t need surgery. I am glad to hear your new lenses work well for you. I am starting to think I need computer glasses. I am having a devil of time seeing my computer at work. Congratulations on a placement at work.

Marty is meeting with his new boss in the morning and hoping he has something for him to do.

I spent my day at work dealing with problems, scheduling stuff for the first week of February, finally got to my work after lunch and then I found a problem for tomorrow about 10 minutes before me left. I was pretty irritated; my employee found this problem for tomorrow at 3:30 and didn’t tell me or the person who sent schedule there was a problem. Another example of how she just doesn’t know what she is doing. Tomorrow morning I’ll approach her with “help me understand what you did …”

I’ve been looking at pear diamonds online. I think I want colorless since I know pears show color more than a round. I’d love a diamond with strong blue fluorescent but I’d rather do that for a RHR. I should go with either WF or the place in Denver because they have great upgrade policies. WF has cheaper diamond prices but mountings are higher. The place in Denver allows me to see and touch the diamonds. I can trade in something there to help make this more affordable. I upgraded my EC diamond 4 times before I found my “keeper”.

Have a great evening.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Rod, of course everyone likes Charlie -- he's lovely! But don't worry, we all love you too! On my last computer I had a tendency to lose posts too (I think it had something to do with the way my hand would accidentally hit the touchpad and make it go back to a previous screen) so I would type them out in word and copy them over.

Curby, the book is called The Dead of August, but honestly I don't recommend it. I'm about 2/3 of the way done and I'll let you know if my recommendation status changes, but so far not so much. I do have The Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy ready to go after this thanks to a conversation Matata and ksinger and I were having in another thread. I haven't read that in 20ish years and I'm really looking forward to it again as I'm sure I've forgotten most of it.

Last night the CB and I went to a store and looked at one last fabric sample for the chairs for the boat house and I'm placing the furniture order today. Woo hoo! then we went to dinner at a place that was OK but not great. A hundred and twenty bucks for dinner and only OK... that's NOT OK! Oh well, we won't be going back. Today, after ordering the furniture, my big plan is to finish mopping the floor. Out of control here as you can tel!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Rod, of course everyone likes Charlie -- he's lovely! But don't worry, we all love you too! On my last computer I had a tendency to lose posts too (I think it had something to do with the way my hand would accidentally hit the touchpad and make it go back to a previous screen) so I would type them out in word and copy them over.

Curby, the book is called The Dead of August, but honestly I don't recommend it. I'm about 2/3 of the way done and I'll let you know if my recommendation status changes, but so far not so much. I do have The Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy ready to go after this thanks to a conversation Matata and ksinger and I were having in another thread. I haven't read that in 20ish years and I'm really looking forward to it again as I'm sure I've forgotten most of it.

Last night the CB and I went to a store and looked at one last fabric sample for the chairs for the boat house and I'm placing the furniture order today. Woo hoo! then we went to dinner at a place that was OK but not great. A hundred and twenty bucks for dinner and only OK... that's NOT OK! Oh well, we won't be going back. Today, after ordering the furniture, my big plan is to finish mopping the floor. Out of control here as you can tel!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I type my posts out in Word too. It’s annoying to lose a long post.

Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is one of Marty’s favorite books. I read it once but it was easily 20 years ago. Let me know if you enjoy reading it again. I thought the movie was pretty awful though.

I bet you are glad to have all the furniture picked out and ordered for the boat house. You should be totally done before it gets really nice in the spring.

I hate spending a nice chunk of change for a meal that is only adequate. We don’t eat out much anymore with Marty’s high protein diet.

Marty is still trying to find a way to do some strength training. He has a meeting with his new boss on Monday and is going to ask for more work to do. I hope they give some him stuff to do; I keep saying not having anything to do is not good for job security. I am trying to remain calm but of course I don’t deal with uncertainty and change very well.

Marty met some guy in town today to buy some more bars and weights for $200. He said he can use them; I am sure he is trying to stock up on stuff in case he finds a place he wants to afford as a starter gym. I’d be all for it if I thought he could make a living at it in a small town but I remain unconvinced of that.

I started my day by talking to my employee to didn’t take care of our issue for today yesterday afternoon. I used Marty’s method of asking questions. She started out defensive and sure she did nothing wrong but she ending up saying yes I messed up and I will pay more attention.

About 1/3 of just my floor is out sick so I told my boss I was going to call in well because I want to stay that way.

It warmed up to almost 20 degrees today but at least the sun was out.

Marty is watching some stupid zombie movie. I guess it is better than a vampire movie.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!
Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm sure you and Marty are feeling some stress about the lack of work. I hope all turns out OK. But if it doesn't, you married a great guy and I'm sure he'll do well at whatever the next step might be. I read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy a long time ago. I agree the movie wasn't very good.

DeeJay, I'm glad you've picked out all the new stuff for the Boathouse. The fun part of course is getting it all and putting things in place. I'll be looking forward to pics of the finished place. Yes, it's never great to spend a lot of money on a so-so meal. Most of the time we find ourselves disappointed with restaurants and feel we can prepare something better at home for much less. Our one constant of course is Sushi and we know we can't make that at home. At least not if we want to survive.

Work didn't suck today. That's an improvement. I have two people interviewing for two different jobs tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow will be a good day.

Yay to tomorrow being Friday. It's going to cool down for more than a day. Yay! They say the highs will be in the low 60s through next Tuesday.

We'll meet our friends tomorrow after work for Sushi, then Saturday, we're going down to my brother's house. He had some skin cancer removed yesterday and he just wants to rest the weekend.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, well I gave up on that book... and JUST as I was about to start Hitchhiker I got notification that a book I'd requested through the public library was now available so I am reading that first because the loan on that will expire within a finite amount of time.

Rod, good luck with the two candidates you have interviewing!

I won't bore you guys with the details, but yesterday morning I had to stop someone from doing something stupid in my building that would result in the water being turned off to all the units with no notice. I got them to delay until today so we could at least send notice out to everyone, and it came off (thankfully) without a hitch. It was even able to be done by only shutting off the water to a few units, not the whole building, so that was good. But I swear to god I am ready to start smacking people in the damn head!!!

I've got a haircut in an hour and some housecleaning to do (the never-ending mopping of the floor... ) but nothing too exciting. Tomorrow the CB and I are going over to the boathouse so he can do some more plumbing. How exciting, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Weekend!

Rod, I am sure things will work out okay and I am trying to remain calm. My company cut 10% of our employees companywide today. That was pretty awful and shocking news. I would say that movie was one of the worst movies I ever paid money to go see.

I hope your client’s interviews went well. Sounds promising.

I am looking forward to seeing the 60’s again here. Right now, it’s hovering around 20 to 30 and windy making it feel colder than it is. I can hear that wind whistling outside right now. It’s playing a welcome to Wyoming tune I guess.

I hate to hear about your brother’s skin cancer. Is it localized and he’s okay?

Dee Jay, do you rent ebooks through your library or do you read the old-fashioned way? It’s been so long since I read a real hardback book. We used to go to Barnes and Noble frequently; I don’t think I’ve been there in over a year.

I think we should be able to smack someone in the head when it’s deserved. I’d vote for it anyway. I am sure a lot of people would have been angry to have their water shut off unexpectedly. Grr.

Have fun at the boathouse this weekend.

Work was very busy again. With company layoffs I am glad my department is pretty busy 9 months of the year.

I met a friend for lunch so wasn’t too hungry for supper. I made popcorn instead. Easy cooking and dishes.

Marty is going to Colorado tomorrow for a strength training meetup. I am going to take my laptop in to Simply Mac, go look at pear diamonds and bake cookies. Such excitement.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm so sorry to read about the 10% reduction at your company. I'm sure you knew many who lost their jobs. I fear we're heading into some dark times in the economy. The next 4 years may be a really bumpy ride.

Both interviews took place today. One went well, but in one of the interviews, the candidate was asked about strengths using a technology that was not listed or asked for in the job description. He doesn't have this skill. And the manager said it was a requirement. It might have helped if they had included a critical skill when they posted the job. Clearly, he won't be getting an offer.

My brother's skin cancer is not the dangerous type. And the doctor said he got it all. He goes back in for a recheck in a couple weeks.

I hope Marty's strength training is fun.

DeeJay have fun with plumbing stuff at the boathouse. You're lucky to have someone so handy with you.

Tomorrow is Gasparilla in Tampa. The pirates invade the city by boat, and steal the keys to the city from the Mayor, then everyone gets drunk and they have the 3rd largest parade in the country. It's not much for fun for us and hundreds of thousands of people come to town, so we'll head down to my brothers for dinner tomorrow afternoon.

Have a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, if the layoff was 10% it was probably about 400 people. I guess there were about 10 at our site. Our director has been telling us the company philosophy is grow or go; I took them seriously and I am sure going to remind my employees of that. Sometimes companies do another batch of layoffs after round one.

Glad to hear one of your client’s interviews went well; that is too bad the other one wasn’t qualified. That’s pretty rotten that company failed to mention it in their job posting.

I am relieved to hear your brother’s skin cancer isn’t the dangerous kind. Marty has had several spots cut off and has to go in for periodic checkups.

Gasparilla sounds likes our Frontier Days. It’s a good time to stay home.

Marty went to some strength training GTG today in Boulder. One of them is a trainer; we’ll see what ideas he comes home with. I kept myself busy. I was at Simply Mac when the door opened and they told me to come back Monday to see the tech guy about my space bar. As bizarre as it seems it is working fine now. Sure, make a liar out of me!

Then I went to the jewelry store where I left my yellow sapphires. They claim they left me a message on my cell phone with the estimate for my earrings. It was for $979. I said that is ridiculous for lever backs and small diamonds. WF would probably come in cheaper than that and I know they’d be better. I asked for my sapphires back. I’ll take them to the guy downtown. I bet he’s at least a few hundred less. If he comes back that expensive I might pass on the diamonds; I’d rather save money for a diamond pendant.

I drove my car through a car wash; it was pretty filthy. It’s not super clean but certainly better than it was.

Then I went to a few jewelry stores in the mall. I bought a 22” YG box chain that is adjustable. It works really well. I might pick up a WG sometimes. Then I decided what the heck; I’m going to have chicken nuggets for lunch. I loved every bite of them and so far I don’t have a stomach ache.

Since I have 5 Snoopy charms I decided to get one of those bracelets for the charms. They gave me a deal to buy 2 more Snoopy charms so I did; I came home and put my 6 charms on the bracelet and quickly decided I doubt I will ever wear it. I am going to enjoy collecting the Snoopy charms but I probably won’t wear that bracelet at all.

I ran out to the cemetery and then stopped at the grocery store on the way home.

I brewed up a batch of chocolate chip cookies and have been watching some of the Mary Tyler Moore shows they are running on the Sundance channel today.

Have a great day.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We actually had a nice afternoon and evening at my brothers. To my brother, fun can't be had unless there's enough food to feed an army. By the time dinner was served, I was full and could barely eat my dinner, which included baked ziti, a cabbage and bacon saute and steaks large enough for 3 people, but one for each of us. Oh and Salmon for my SIL and Charlie. I brought almost all of my steak home and will have a steak sandwich or two or three from the leftovers.

We went to a box store where they sell things likes nuts and dried fruits in bins, then we went to a Strawberry farm and bought some beautiful fresh berries.

Tomorrow will be a nice quiet Sunday. Grocery shopping and spa water testing. We have no clue what we'll fix for dinner, but given how utterly full I am right now, I don't even want to think of food.

Marcy, good idea to remind your employees layoffs often follow first round layoffs. Hopefully, it will make them work more diligently.

Congrats on the YG chain. The price for the sapphires does sound extreme. And yes, WF, would likely do a better job for much less. I hope your DT guy is more reasonable.

Driving home, hours and hours after the festivities, the streets were still full of people who clearly have partied too much. I wonder how many thousands or people will wake with huge hangovers tomorrow morning. I hardly drink at all anymore and certainly not to excess.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, the menu sounds great at your brother’s house. He doesn’t want you to go hungry. Nice you’ll have enough for a few steak sandwiches.

Fresh strawberries sound great! What we are getting in the grocery store right now aren’t that great.

Good deal for planning a quiet Sunday. I might see if Marty wants to run down to best buy. We need a different receiver to pass 4K from our set top box to the TV. Planet Earth II is airing in 4K in a few weeks so I want to be ready. His receiver downstairs has been shutting off when it gets warm but I bet it is about 10 years old.

I am sure the rumor mill will be running wild at work. If my boss had to cut one or two on my team I think I know the 2 they’d pick. No one has job security these days anyway but once layoffs start that will always be in the back of your mind. Or at least it should be anyway.

An adjustable chain is a fabulous idea. It works pretty slick. I’ve been looking up prices for earring findings; I figure other than little spacers about $350 max for parts on the earrings, adding maybe $100 for diamond melee so I think almost a thousand dollars is a bit much.

Sounds like the party was continuing in to the evening. I don’t do well with hangovers anymore either. I can’t sleep if I drink too much so then I feel worse. I always stop before I get that bad. It’s not worth it.

Marty had a nice time at the strength get together. He hit a new personal record and pull 415 pounds off the floor. He said it wasn’t pretty but he did it.

I rented “The Accountant”. It was a pretty good movie.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We headed out to Colorado about 9 am this morning. We needed a receiver that can pass 4K from our satellite box to our TV. Planet Earth II is airing in 4K starting in a few weeks and I wanted to be ready. I picked up a new iPad case while we were at Best Buy. The one I bought a few weeks ago from Amazon is so slick it is like picking up a wet bar of soap.

We also stopped at our favorite kitchen store then had lunch at our favorite steak house down there.

It is crazy windy here again and we save several trailers off in the ditch. One guy lost his pull trailer with 2 snow machines on it; they rolled for sure. I think that had just happened as we were going by. I am glad the trailers didn’t pull over the trucks though. Very scary.

I am working on laundry this afternoon. I took tomorrow off so if I get all my work done today I can be lazy tomorrow.

I rented the Accountant last night to watch. It was pretty good.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, your brother's cooking style sounds like a bunch of my friends. I often show up at their house, look at the food, and wonder when the other 10 people are going to arrive, LOL.

Curby, I only have one necklace with an adjustable chain and it's kind of wasted on me because I always only wear it at the same length, ha ha.

On Saturday the CB and I went over to the boathouse. He spent a lot of time in the crawlspace finishing the plumbing under there, but I think it's done now. He also went over on Sunday but I didn't go with him. Last night we went to dinner at some of my friends' house. Not much else exciting to report, it was pretty low key.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results