shape
carat
color
clarity

Black and Blue

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or should it be black and blue-green to be more precise?
Here are hopefully better pictures of my new ring -
and a huge THANK YOU to The Gemstone Project, DK, and Adam at PI.

dscn4147.jpg

dscn4090.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: I'm so glad you started a thread for it.
What are the stats on the paraiba?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
profile pictures:

ElleW @ The Gemstone Project was so patient with me on tweaking the gallery CADs, as that's what took the most time.
I am so grateful that she was willing to listen to me drone on about what i wanted, and more importantly bring it all together so well.

edited to try to get correct picture

dscn4098.jpg

_38803.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm...
i seem to be attaching someone else's beautiful ring instead?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really pops against the black! :appl:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK's shots

I'm really grateful the ring somewhat fit on her pointer finger and she didn't have to use her big toe to accommodate my finger size. Ha!
Such pretty hands she has!

_6400.jpeg

_6401.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chrono and elle_71125!

The cab is 2.18
8 x 8 x 4.13mm
Soon after I received it- I realized another poster had already done a writeup on it, but it wasn't what she was looking for.
I originally was going to do black enamel, but decided since I got this far, I may as well go for it.
DK sourced the custom cut onyx. I waffled between buff top, flat faceted, and French.
When I was uncertain about the stability of this cab, I thought about going to carnelian, but with the black- I thought it would look to halloweenish. I have since found out - absolutely not.
I toyed with yellow gold for this. I think that's the only thing I wish I did differently. I did not do my due diligence in researching DK white gold alloy. I did want the look of unplated white gold, but his (to me) looks plated.
He did add milgrain, and I specified none- but it's so tiny it's barely noticeable.
I was concerned it would have the look of trying to mimic the look of diamonds where there weren't, but thankfully it doesn't.

Getting the gallery low - I think- is key to the comfort this ring has in wearing. And due to the finger coverage, it being high would, to me, be unwearable.
I know there are many beautiful rings posted with a higher gallery that are somewhat like the first CAD's I was shown, but it just wasn't for me....I think someone else has a blue sapphire in CAD mode right now with CvB that was somewhat similar to my original CAD gallery.

And once again. ElleW is wonderful to work with. I hope to again one day!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I think it's incredible. What a beautiful blue!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love: :love: :love:

Vidalia

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is STUNNING, Rfisher! Thank you very much for sharing. :appl:

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a spectacular ring!!! So glad you started this thread. The ring looks beautiful on you.
What cut did you decide on for the onyx. Is it faceted or French?
I love the beautiful engraving on the top of the ring. David probably used milgrain to frame the engraving in a pleasing way.

How do you review the stone now that you are wearing it? Does it have the glow?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg this is amazing! I love the combo of the paraiba and onyx together! How does it feel now that it's on your finger??? Congrats on such a special ring!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I'm a fan of white gold so I think it looks great. I think the black really brings the blue to life. It's not something that I've seen before and I love it! :love:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath, dk168, Vidalia, Effe, Acinom, lovedogs and elle_71125 Thank you all for the kind words!

Acinom- the cab does have some glow personality, but it is surely not "on" all the time in all lighting, and the price paid for the cab is indicative of that. It favors strong indirect sun, preferably early am or late afternoon. But I do not ever find it unattractive when its "off". I surely did think of gem silica for this - but am glad with this. I thought maybe someday to get a true 'always on' glower like some on here - but with this being my second, I'm ok with it....on to other things eh?

They are french cut onyx. There is no mistaking them for checker board top. I'm probably making up terms here - but to me flat faceted would look like a traditional baguette or clipped corner baguette with of course less facets. Buff top would be smooth domed and total flat would be like an inlay design.

lovedogs- The ring is comfortable! I've never had a triwire look, nor a cuff before - so I'm thrilled. It is surely not an everyday ring, and am looking forward for something appropriate to come up.

Thanks all!

_38808.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A masterpiece! I love it.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and unique!

bianka

Rough_Rock
No disrespect to the paraiba but that french cut onyx is what I love most about the ring. Very special.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to see more comparison pics now that the round Paraiba is set :appl:

img_14403.jpg

retroglam

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning. I am experiencing a massive dose of envy! The onyx sets off the centre stone SO beautifully. Congrats and enjoy her. And please may I be first in the queue if you ever part with her?!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a goregous piece! :love: :love: :love:

So.... I really like the millgrain. I feel it adds a old world/gothic feel to the ring. Not Halloweenish at all, but not something you see every day of the week either. I think its great that you went with a lower gallery. its a ring that has a lot of horizontal coverage so I get what you mean by it being unwearable if it were higher. Clumsy people unite!! :appl:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
How glamorous!! So much to learn be about this ring Rfisher!! The color of the paraiba can is beautiful especially with the sharp contrast with the onyx. The onyx is beautiful and how sinful to have that cut for you. I especially love the engraved halo and the low profile. Ok so I just love everything about it. Enjoy it!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1483656338|4112747 said:
Would love to see more comparison pics now that the round Paraiba is set :appl:

here go!

dscn4257.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you NKOTB and chatoyancy!

bianka no disrespect taken at all! understand totally. There is a thread knocking around here that was all about settings being much more expensive than the center stone and this ring really does belong in that category!

retroglam - thank you! I'm honored (and kinda speechless) you like it that much!

Arcadian - thank you and "clumsy" does describe me!

Sungura thank you!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes I just reread my post and the auto corrects are terrible

I meant to say - How glamorous!! So much to love about this ring .....the onyx is beautiful and how special to have that cut for you

Sungura|1483826135|4113374 said:
How glamorous!! So much to learn be about this ring Rfisher!! The color of the paraiba can is beautiful especially with the sharp contrast with the onyx. The onyx is beautiful and how sinful to have that cut for you. I especially love the engraved halo and the low profile. Ok so I just love everything about it. Enjoy it!!

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
Rfisher|1483545722|4112277 said:
The cab is 2.18
8 x 8 x 4.13mm

Getting the gallery low - I think- is key to the comfort this ring has in wearing. And due to the finger coverage, it being high would, to me, be unwearable.
I know there are many beautiful rings posted with a higher gallery that are somewhat like the first CAD's I was shown, but it just wasn't for me....I think someone else has a blue sapphire in CAD mode right now with CvB that was somewhat similar to my original CAD gallery
That would be mine. And we're still emailing back and forth. The process is going slower than I thought, but the holidays are to blame for most of that. The problem is that my stone is 7.30mm deep. Unless I'm willing to dig a crater in one of my proximal phalanges, the ring will be at least 7.5mm high.

So you like the milgrain? I'm still trying to decide. Won't it wear off unevenly and make the ring look funny?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphire-setting-cads.226774/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphire-setting-cads.226774/[/URL]

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That is one cool ring!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sungura autocorrect is sometimes funny! Although I do still think of the ring as slightly sinful! Ha!

indigoblue I replied your thread: but now I see your stone is not as deep as indicated here- so I don't think you will have any issues at all.

pregcurious and distracts - thank you so much!

And I asked permission to post this - as I think it needs to be seen!

It's got the flat top faceted onyx and carnelian center and yellow gold I was considering.
So different and so, so, lovely!
I'm sure the owner of this one is just as thrilled as I am.

_6430.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results