shape
carat
color
clarity

How loose do you wear your tennis bracelet?

hopelesslyhopeful

Rough_Rock
Hey there! I recently crossed something off my bling wish list.. A tennis bracelet!! It's 2ctw, white gold and four prong set. eBay steal for $615 US :) The length is 7 inches where as my wrist is about 5.75 inches. I was wondering if any of your helpful pricescopers have any advice as to what length you prefer yours being? (.25 inch longer, .50inch). I'm sure my Jeweler will have a recommendation but I would love to hear your feedback about your own preference. I do know that I don't want it *too* tight. Thanks! :)

hopelesslyhopeful

Rough_Rock
Also, do you remove your tennis bracelet nightly before bed and put on in the morning before going out? Or do you leave on all the time? I would like to take it off to sleep and shower but I heard somewhere that it could be tough on the clasp. Pics to follow! :)

_6131.jpeg

hopelesslyhopeful

Rough_Rock
Last one I swear! Please excuse the kitty scratches :)

_6421.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'd definitely take it off to sleep and shower. Not to do so adds wear to the entire bracelet, just not the clasp. I'd keep the whole bracelet in great condition and later replace the clasp if it wears out.

My wrist is 6" and my tennis bracelet is 7". It will hang down on my hand a little when my arm is down, but it's not loose enough to fall off.

hopelesslyhopeful

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker2006 thanks so much for your advice :) I think I may like it longer than most like you as well, so if I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt it hopefully still shows. Thanks :)

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My wrist is 5.75. I have three line bracelets....6.25, 6.375 and 6.5inches, and I take them off at night.

hopelesslyhopeful

Rough_Rock
Thanks rocks :) I appreciate it! I also have a 7 station dbty bracelet.. Do you think I would be able to wear them on the same wrist? The diamond points on the dbty do protrude from the setting.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 fingers can fit under. I'm thick. Cannibals be like - :lickout:

hopelesslyhopeful

Rough_Rock
Pintobean hahaha literally have me laughing out loud :clap:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had your problem, mine is slightly tight.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wrists are just over 5 inches (13cm) and my tennis bracelets are 6 1/4".

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like my bracelets fairly fitted. The 6.5 is pretty loose, but the 6.375 and 6.5 nest nicely. That said, I rarely wear them together, so I'm the wrong person to ask. The 5.25 I wear with my watch...the stones are tiny...like 4pts each.

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Mine is loose. 6" wrist, 7" bracelet.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my story. My bracelet "was" 6ctw - I say "was" bc I had quite a few stones removed. I think when I got it 12 years ago I had 4 stones removed to size it. I would take it off to shower, but that was about it. I'd definitely need the safety clasp tightened twice a year (a quick fix). Then, I'd say maybe 5 (?) years ago I was putting it on after a shower and it snapped. I was away at our vacation house so I took it to another jeweler (God forbid I not wear it until I got home). He really thought the bracelet swung too much and that the swinging created wear and tear. I let him remove stones (Don't remember how many more - they're in my safe deposit box). I realize that I actually like it more fitted (definitely NOT tight). For one thing, I play guitar and I used to remove it - now I don't have to. As a matter of fact, I only remove it about once a week for a bath in the ultrasonic. Yup - everything - pool/ocean/sleep/shower - you name it. Works for me - and the clasp only needs tightening maybe once a year now :)

hopelesslyhopeful

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for replying Pheonix :) I've been dreaming of a collection like yours one day! Truly amazing!!

hopelesslyhopeful

Rough_Rock
Cflutist! Thank you so much for your reply! I know your tennis bracelets well, I've been drooling over the pure elegance and beauty of them for quite a while! Definitely why I needed to start with this baby one aha, ones better than none! Keep sparkling :angel:

hopelesslyhopeful

Rough_Rock
Cflutist- I forgot to ask you what your wrist size is?

hopelesslyhopeful

Rough_Rock
Thanks motownmama!! Which clasp does yours have? Mine is a box clasp with a figure 8 snap. I was thinking of getting a safety chain added but I also feel it may take away from the daintyness of my bracelet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results