shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you be watching Trump's inauguration on Jan. 20th?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1484877403|4116759 said:
redwood66|1484875185|4116745 said:
Tekate|1484874404|4116739 said:
redwood66|1484862680|4116661 said:
Tekate|1484862257|4116658 said:
momhappy|1484860377|4116646 said:
redwood66|1484856662|4116617 said:
I have to say that my son and I were having a moment this morning. We both looked at each other and said basically - I can't believe that Donald J. Trump is going to be president at noon tomorrow. It is surreal. While I do not share all the doom and gloom that so many seem to have, it is still surreal. I would have never thought we would be in this place. It tells me that many feel we were in a far worse place than I thought. I believe the other choice was no better and we might have continued that downward spiral toward globalism and weakness - which so many are against. This is a different choice for sure. Fight it all you want but it will happen tomorrow.

My best to all of you to handle this in a dignified manner. Anarchy is much worse and most of you wouldn't like how that would turn out.

I am in the same boat as you, red. It is certainly surreal, but I'm not fighting it. In fact, a large group of us are engaging in an acts of kindness day tomorrow, which I feel is far more productive than marching in pantsuits, complaining/whining, and shouting about how the sky is falling....

As far as the inauguration is concerned, I've read reports and seen videos of folks planning to protest, disrupt, and/or downright terrorize the inauguration. How pathetic and sad. I hope everyone stays safe because I don't care which side of the political spectrum you're on.

Well, I'm going to a rally against Trump, I had thought of going to Washington and was going to but then I had two dental implants put in yesterday and decided against the drive to DC.

Surreal, it's illegitimate. I will fight till my death for the integrity of my country and for honesty and fairness. People have a right to demonstrate, wasn't Trump the one that said "lock her up" and agitated people? they are all safe, there's no reason to think that this is anarchy or that fellow Americans will shoot each other..

It's hard to stay unafraid I will say that in America with all the nutcases and their guns.

Have fun T.

BTW you have a much higher chance of being hit by a drunk driver than shot by a nutcase with a gun. Most gun owners are not nutcases and you probably don't even know they have them.

If I don't know they have them , then they don't need them. I plan to have fun R thanks!!! there is nothing like the good feeling one is doing the right thing for their country and family.

And being hit by a drunk driver vs the lesser chance of being shot by a nutcase with a concealed gun doesn't make me feel safe or happy. I'd prefer both don't happen.

So glad you are not in charge of my rights then. And that people can decide for themselves what is right for their country and their family. Obviously quite a few thought that would be Trump rather than Clinton.

3,000,000 more people preferred Clinton. You seem to forget that fact.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/19/clinton-supporters-boycott-trump-to-ruin-inauguration-ratings/21658023/

Clinton supporters - could they be any more childish.

How funny that all these people on a Friday would be in front of their televisions anyway, not at work or school.

So MSNBC will be a big loser in ratings while Fox will score high. That will teach them.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1484879082|4116764 said:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/19/update-1-obama-commutes-prison-sentences-for-330-before-leaving/21658796/

Obama is really leaving office on a high note - NOT
He is leaving office with a 60% approval rating.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1484878718|4116762 said:
Calliecake|1484877403|4116759 said:
redwood66|1484875185|4116745 said:
Tekate|1484874404|4116739 said:
redwood66|1484862680|4116661 said:
Tekate|1484862257|4116658 said:
momhappy|1484860377|4116646 said:
redwood66|1484856662|4116617 said:
I have to say that my son and I were having a moment this morning. We both looked at each other and said basically - I can't believe that Donald J. Trump is going to be president at noon tomorrow. It is surreal. While I do not share all the doom and gloom that so many seem to have, it is still surreal. I would have never thought we would be in this place. It tells me that many feel we were in a far worse place than I thought. I believe the other choice was no better and we might have continued that downward spiral toward globalism and weakness - which so many are against. This is a different choice for sure. Fight it all you want but it will happen tomorrow.

My best to all of you to handle this in a dignified manner. Anarchy is much worse and most of you wouldn't like how that would turn out.

I am in the same boat as you, red. It is certainly surreal, but I'm not fighting it. In fact, a large group of us are engaging in an acts of kindness day tomorrow, which I feel is far more productive than marching in pantsuits, complaining/whining, and shouting about how the sky is falling....

As far as the inauguration is concerned, I've read reports and seen videos of folks planning to protest, disrupt, and/or downright terrorize the inauguration. How pathetic and sad. I hope everyone stays safe because I don't care which side of the political spectrum you're on.

Well, I'm going to a rally against Trump, I had thought of going to Washington and was going to but then I had two dental implants put in yesterday and decided against the drive to DC.

Surreal, it's illegitimate. I will fight till my death for the integrity of my country and for honesty and fairness. People have a right to demonstrate, wasn't Trump the one that said "lock her up" and agitated people? they are all safe, there's no reason to think that this is anarchy or that fellow Americans will shoot each other..

It's hard to stay unafraid I will say that in America with all the nutcases and their guns.

Have fun T.

BTW you have a much higher chance of being hit by a drunk driver than shot by a nutcase with a gun. Most gun owners are not nutcases and you probably don't even know they have them.

If I don't know they have them , then they don't need them. I plan to have fun R thanks!!! there is nothing like the good feeling one is doing the right thing for their country and family.

And being hit by a drunk driver vs the lesser chance of being shot by a nutcase with a concealed gun doesn't make me feel safe or happy. I'd prefer both don't happen.

So glad you are not in charge of my rights then. And that people can decide for themselves what is right for their country and their family. Obviously quite a few thought that would be Trump rather than Clinton.

3,000,000 more people preferred Clinton. You seem to forget that fact.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/19/clinton-supporters-boycott-trump-to-ruin-inauguration-ratings/21658023/

Clinton supporters - could they be any more childish.

How funny that all these people on a Friday would be in front of their televisions anyway, not at work or school.

So MSNBC will be a big loser in ratings while Fox will score high. That will teach them.

You mean as childish as the republicans? Because plenty skipped 2009 AND 2013 inaugurations.

FWIW, Both major party candidates sucked eggs. IMO WE got shafted by such poor picks! (I'm not changing my mind about that) Nor am I won over so easily.... basically I would have eye rolled either way(lol), but yes, though there are key party leaders that go, many do not when their side loses, its the way it is.

to say its all about Democrats being snowfakes and not going is not exactly true. Plenty on the OTHER side didn't vote for orangina either. Now will they stand with their party? some will, some won't. Some will use him to their advantage and scream about him being a F*up at the earliest possibility. They're politicians after all....

fact of the matter, party lines in this election got very blurred. What you normally have a straight party ticket voters...didn't.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1484880744|4116769 said:

It remains to be seen whether these 2 pardons make the list of most controversial. He has, compared to other presidents, commuted more sentences than he has granted full pardons. I've never been interested in this aspect of outgoing presidents and rarely pay attention to news regarding them.
http://www.criminaljusticedegreesguide.com/features/10-most-controversial-prisoner-pardons-in-history.html
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/obama-granted-clemency-unlike-any-other-president-in-history/

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1484874531|4116741 said:
Dancing Fire|1484869855|4116706 said:
Calliecake|1484868369|4116698 said:
Do you really think Trump and his cabinet of Billionaires are concerned with average American's problems? Sorry I'm not buying it for a minute,
We'll have to wait and see, but I'd buy that under 8 yrs of Obama many of the middle class americans have had disappeared.

Yet you never do the research to find out where jobs went, if they went, why they went, if they were outsourced by technology.
T
I don't care where the jobs went nor why they went. If Trump can bring jobs back to America it is ok by me. I will always buy american made products whenever I can.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Calliecake|1484877403|

3,000,000 more people preferred Clinton. You seem to forget that fact.[/quote]

And CC, you seem to forget the fact that how many Dems. were voted out of the house and senate since Obama became Prez.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/19/update-1-obama-commutes-prison-sentences-for-330-before-leaving/21658796/

His last chance to pass out "get out of jail free cards"... :wall: Yup, we don't have enough drug dealers out on the street.. :rolleyes:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1484879369|4116765 said:

He may have had a 60% approval rating, but he had the lowest mark that the democrats have given to their own party in more than a decade....To me, that says a lot.
Although I am not an Obama fan, overall, I haven't been horribly dissatisfied with the job he's done. However, he has done some things over the course of this year (in particular) that have definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. He seems like a nice guy, but I'm happy to see him move on.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well Reagan pardoned 406 people and Ford 409 (including Tricky Dicky)..

Clinton 456 and the Great Jimmy Carter 566..

I don't like at least two of those done by Obama, and several from Clinton, but I will always think pardoning Nixon horrible.

http://www.infoplease.com/us/government/presidential-pardons-1789-present.html

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1484887884|4116797 said:
Tekate|1484874531|4116741 said:
Dancing Fire|1484869855|4116706 said:
Calliecake|1484868369|4116698 said:
Do you really think Trump and his cabinet of Billionaires are concerned with average American's problems? Sorry I'm not buying it for a minute,
We'll have to wait and see, but I'd buy that under 8 yrs of Obama many of the middle class americans have had disappeared.

Yet you never do the research to find out where jobs went, if they went, why they went, if they were outsourced by technology.
T
I don't care where the jobs went nor why they went. If Trump can bring jobs back to America it is ok by me. I will always buy american made products whenever I can.

DF, if you don't care why they are gone then you can be susceptible to fake news. All reading points to the fact that many jobs were eliminated due to robotics and software.. I buy American made products when I can also. How does America compete against China when in China workers are paid approximate 1.40$ per hour.. we can't compete on that. Prices will have to increase, I'm okay with that but are all Americans?

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21646180-rising-chinese-wages-will-only-strengthen-asias-hold-manufacturing-tightening-grip

I'd love to see Americans trained for good paying jobs that will have the potential to last.. not sure what though.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1484888997|4116803 said:

His last chance to pass out "get out of jail free cards"... :wall: Yup, we don't have enough drug dealers out on the street.. :rolleyes:

So what about all the free passes the republicans have given?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1484917409|4116850 said:
Matata|1484879369|4116765 said:

He may have had a 60% approval rating, but he had the lowest mark that the democrats have given to their own party in more than a decade....To me, that says a lot.
Although I am not an Obama fan, overall, I haven't been horribly dissatisfied with the job he's done. However, he has done some things over the course of this year (in particular) that have definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. He seems like a nice guy, but I'm happy to see him move on.

Could you point to a source on your comment by democrats? I believe democrats often felt he was too centrist..

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1484888997|4116803 said:

http://www.criminaljusticedegreesguide.com/features/10-most-controversial-prisoner-pardons-in-history.html

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not. Even. Tempted.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1484926918|4116890 said:
DF, if you don't care why they are gone then you can be susceptible to fake news. All reading points to the fact that many jobs were eliminated due to robotics and software.. I buy American made products when I can also. How does America compete against China when in China workers are paid approximate 1.40$ per hour.. we can't compete on that. Prices will have to increase, I'm okay with that but are all Americans?

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21646180-rising-chinese-wages-will-only-strengthen-asias-hold-manufacturing-tightening-grip

I'd love to see Americans trained for good paying jobs that will have the potential to last.. not sure what though.
Yes prices will increase, but we make better products than the chinese, so I don't mind paying extra $$$ for our products,plus the most important thing is more jobs for Americans.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I have a choice to buy American or other, I always choose American. It is worth the price both monetarily and providing personal satisfaction IMO.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such an idealistic thing to say we will just buy American products. The problem is, we don't really make anything. Sure we manufacture a few products here and there but a bulk of the merchandise we need to survive is produced elsewhere. If Trump tacks a tariff on Chinese goods, we won't have an option to *just buy American.*

I feel suspicious that maybe he's in bed with some other foreign manufacturers and that is why he is coming down so hard on China.

China and Mexico have already met. I'm sure they are going to join forces. I'm sure we will all love Trump when our cost of living has increased significantly because simple goods are extremely expensive. We might love him even more when we can't get normal items, let alone the luxury items we're used to.

Who knows? Other presidents have come into office with big talk of standing up to China. They have all backed down.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1484945840|4117050 said:
Such an idealistic thing to say we will just buy American products. The problem is, we don't really make anything. Sure we manufacture a few products here and there but a bulk of the merchandise we need to survive is produced elsewhere. If Trump tacks a tariff on Chinese goods, we won't have an option to *just buy American.*

I feel suspicious that maybe he's in bed with some other foreign manufacturers and that is why he is coming down so hard on China.

China and Mexico have already met. I'm sure they are going to join forces. I'm sure we will all love Trump when our cost of living has increased significantly because simple goods are extremely expensive. We might love him even more when we can't get normal items, let alone the luxury items we're used to.
Like what???...We survived many yrs w/o chinese made products.

luxury items??...you mean like those FAKE luxury items coming from China?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results