shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I handle this correctly?

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ahahaha Kenny don't worry, I have built the best redneck safe system ever since this has happened!!
You may have labelled yourself as a selfish A-hole, but your wisdom is still at an uber level!!

Scandinavian, I think it may have been a cry for attention but it's the last thing she will be getting from her sister and I for a long time. She is now living in her 2nd most hated place and I think she may realize that she has blown a good thing. She has owned up to what she did to at least one person and it is causing major ripples with the family which I didn't want but I think for what she did it may be warranted.
I am still there for her but at arm's length now, I can't turn her away but I can't let her close enough to us to possibly have this happen again.

I'm starting to wonder if the 50lb I have dropped recently has been due to better eating or being stressed out :think:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1484818180|4116471 said:
Ahahaha Kenny don't worry, I have built the best redneck safe system ever since this has happened!!
You may have labelled yourself as a selfish A-hole, but your wisdom is still at an uber level!!

Scandinavian, I think it may have been a cry for attention but it's the last thing she will be getting from her sister and I for a long time. She is now living in her 2nd most hated place and I think she may realize that she has blown a good thing. She has owned up to what she did to at least one person and it is causing major ripples with the family which I didn't want but I think for what she did it may be warranted.
I am still there for her but at arm's length now, I can't turn her away but I can't let her close enough to us to possibly have this happen again.

I'm starting to wonder if the 50lb I have dropped recently has been due to better eating or being stressed out :think:

Lack of food in fridge due to shopping spree taking all the food money.. ?

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Scandinavian|1484818661|4116473 said:
jordyonbass|1484818180|4116471 said:

Lack of food in fridge due to shopping spree taking all the food money.. ?

Luckily food isn't an issue, but rather it was the rent for our new home that we have to move into in a week!!
I'm still so shocked that she did that considering she knew what it would have been for :(sad

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Jordy, I'm so sorry, this really is so disappointing and upsetting, your and your wife must be really hurt, hopefully your sil will be able to turn herself around and get back on the right track, it's really hard to understand why she would jeopardize her relationship with people who care about her by doing something like this :(sad

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks junebug and you are right, we are very hurt by it. Last night when I went to get the phone she bought I was told she wanted to apologize, I said to the messenger between us that we are still raw over what has happened but we will talk to her soon and we still love her.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When someone important hurts you feel free to take some time to process and collect your thoughts before speaking to them.
Otherwise, while emotions are still raw and hot, you might say something you regret.

Talk this all over with trusted confidants.

Just let her know you need some time and you'll get in touch with her next week, or in as long as you feel you need.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1484868041|4116696 said:
When someone important hurts you feel free to take some time to process and collect your thoughts before speaking to them.
Otherwise, while emotions are still raw and hot, you might say something you regret.

Just let her know you need some time and you'll get in touch with her next week, or in as long as you feel you need.

Kenny just gave you very good advice. I can imagine how much this has hurt both you and your wife. I'm sorry Jordy.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Calliecake|1484870784|4116713 said:
kenny|1484868041|4116696 said:

Kenny just gave you very good advice. I can imagine how much this has hurt both you and your wife. I'm sorry Jordy.

Thats exactly what I did last night, my message said this:

"_____ we will talk to you soon, we are very very hurt right now. We still love you"

Short and to the point

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize this is just my opinion but I think you handled it perfectly Jordy. She is a teenage. She will realize what she did was very wrong and she is very lucky to have the two of you in her corner.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Calliecake|1484877874|4116760 said:
I realize this is just my opinion but I think you handled it perfectly Jordy. She is a teenage. She will realize what she did was very wrong and she is very lucky to have the two of you in her corner.

Thanks Callie :angel:

I may have handled the whole initial situation a little roughly from a couple weeks ago at first but I ended up getting it right in the end. I think I may have gotten it right this time from the start with how I handled it as I found proof of our money taken by her in the form of receipts for $900 worth of cash purchases after I noticed the money was missing.
Like I said it's so disappointing and it hurts badly that she has done this to us as we took her in when she was estranged from her father and her mother repeatedly failed her and her brothers. Without giving too much away about our living situations here, my wife and I have been a sanctuary for her siblings for the last 5 years as they have bounced around a lot and we have been their stability

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bloody hell I am making myself sound like Mother Teresa here almost :lol:

I'm a mean guy, I promise!!! My tattoos say so!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1484946200|4117055 said:
Bloody hell I am making myself sound like Mother Teresa here almost :lol:

I'm a mean guy, I promise!!! My tattoos say so!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tattoos?