shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were planning to see "A Dog's Purpose"...

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
I completely agree sonnyjane! There's a hashtag trending in the dog IG world #mydogspurpose that I wanted to participate in but after seeing this video I was very disappointed. They should know better. :nono:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Completely agree. I was so upset last night after seeing this in the news.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the trailer and knew I would never watch this movie. I don't like PETA at all, but it does report on abuse, something for which I am grateful.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting this. More people need to know that a dog was mistreated in the making of that movie. There's no excuse for it, and that such a thing happened in the making of a movie presumably for animal lovers makes it even more surprising.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm grateful you posted this sonny, because I wasn't aware of it. My kids have been talking about this movie and and I probably would have taken them, never realizing. We won't go now, and I'll help them to understand why. I have already watched the video with my youngest and her response was what I would have hoped - she was really upset, confused, and very sad for the dog. She got it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've read that TMZ has had this footage since 2015. Did they really care about the dog or did they hold it until just before the premier to create outrage?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1484859044|4116635 said:
I've read that TMZ has had this footage since 2015. Did they really care about the dog or did they hold it until just before the premier to create outrage?
People probably wouldn't have put two and two together until the movie was released. If they released this footage when they got it, most people would have forgotten what movie this footage was associated with by the time the movie came out.

I think it was wise to wait to release the footage. The collective attention span of the people is too short anymore.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1484859467|4116638 said:
People probably wouldn't have put two and two together until the movie was released. If they released this footage when they got it, most people would have forgotten what movie this footage was associated with by the time the movie came out.

I think it was wise to wait to release the footage. The collective attention span of the people is too short anymore.

Which tells me that it is not for the dog and its welfare. It is to inflict damage monetarily.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1484859636|4116639 said:

Which tells me that it is not for the dog and its welfare. It is to inflict damage monetarily.
Which is a fine thing to do to animal abusing ******* because then, they will think twice before doing it again....while laughing, no less.

I wanted to kick that trainer in the chin. That GSD was SO loyal. It just took the abuse. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

I'm ok with getting pissed and not giving a hoot about TMZ's intent. Why? Because this event really happened. You are muddying the waters Red. The fact is that a dog was abused while making this movie. I don't really care when the proof was released.

Screw that movie.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1484859636|4116639 said:

Well, exactly. Because if the production company's priority were the animal actors welfare, this wouldn't have happened in the first place. Their priority is their bottom line, and they'll get it at whatever cost they feel they can get away with. So you have to hit them hard enough and in such a way that they can't risk conducting business as usual moving forward. It sucks for this particular dog and any others that suffered mistreatment on that set, but releasing the video now right before the movie comes out has the greatest impact, and hence the greatest potential to prevent more suffering down the road.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I would bet that there are lots of videos like these because I would think it wouldn't be easy to make animals do what you want them to do.
The video was disturbing and I felt bad for the dog. I really hadn't planned to see the movie, but now I know for sure I won't.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sonnyjane, I don't want to click onto the link or read what happened (I just can't bear it) so skipping all the posts but wanted to post to thank you for the heads up and I will NOT see this movie and I will tell everyone I know not to see it too.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched it and felt sick. That poor dog. He was terrified - and for good reason. No care whatsoever was taken for his well being. He was clearly in trouble at the end. It's a testament to his good nature that he didn't bite. I would have. His trainer and every single person on that set that day should be charged. Imagine if we tossed child actors into rushing waters like that just to get a shot.

I'm glad TMZ held onto the footage until now because I wouldn't have known what movie they were talking about otherwise, and probably would have gone to see it. I will not be now. I hope nobody does now. THAT's how you get a studio executive's attention. Not some trifling fine for animal cruelty that is minuscule compared to the profits to be made. That's how you get ALL studio executives' attention, so that hopefully these things never happen again.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clearly, a dog's purpose in this movie was to make big bucks for the sub-humans who made the movie.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1484974630|4117336 said:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/entertainment/a-dogs-purpose-w-bruce-cameron-statement/index.html

I saw this earlier. Great. In that case I look forward to the studio releasing all that raw footage of the dog gleefully jumping in during every single scene except the one that was leaked...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results