shape
carat
color
clarity

Trouble gaugin carat size - Men's ring

Zolaire44

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am planning on having a men's ring made and am in between two styles. One is a pear cut east to west in a gypsy set and the other is this east to west emerald cut diamond in a modern/minimalist gypsy/bezel set. I think I'm pretty decided on the latter, and was wondering if any of you might have insight into what the carat size of this ring might be for a 6.75 sized finger. Also, any recommendations on clarity and color against a platinum setting would be much appreciated. Thank you! img_0757_2.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's kind of hard to guess but I would say it's a pretty big stone...My finger is a 6.75-7ish. If I measure with a ruler in a 2 dimension
sense it is about 18mm across the top of my finger. If I leave 4mm on each side of the stone then the stone would be about
10mm long. That would equate to about a 3 carat stone. If I wanted to leave 5mm of finger on each side of the stone that
would make it an 8mm stone that would be about a 1.7 carat stone. Ratio wise I would think you would want to go more with
a long thinner stone vs a long fat stone.

Colorwise I would probably drop down to an H and clarity you will probably need to be in the VS1/VS2 at lowest.

Here is a picture of an unofficial 9mm stone on my 6.75-7mm finger...All very unofficial but better than nothing!

2017-01-20_09.jpg

2017-01-20_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results