shape
carat
color
clarity

Some joy to share about Bob Hoskins, GG

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Many participants here on Rocky Talky will find this news quite interesting. We had a big celebration this morning for Bob Hoskins GG, who is commemorating 17 years at Whiteflash!

Many of you know or have dealt with Bob, and understand what I mean when I say that he makes quite an impression on you! As a crewman on US nuclear submarines and an instructor at GIA, Bob has had a fascinating career. He is retiring from ‘active duty’ but will remain part of the Whiteflash family and will continue to be a valued voice in our strategic discussions going forward. As Whiteflash gemologist “emeritus” he will also continue to be an important resource for our diamond consultants to draw upon.

Bob was actually the very first official employee of Whiteflash! He started in early 2000 and has been an integral part to the company’s entire evolution. The team presented Bob with a number of mementos from his time here, and tributes from many of the young people who he has mentored and touched in his own unique way. It was quite moving.

I have had the pleasure of being a colleague of Bob’s dating back well before Whiteflash and I know Bob will enjoy retirement with the same gusto and passion that he has always put into thinking about diamonds and helping shoppers understand them.

Bob and his lovely wife Linda will be spending quite a bit of time traveling the world in the near future. First stop is Hawaii to renew their vows at the site of their wedding.

I will post a few pics from the party this morning.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, congratulations to Bob on his well deserved retirement! :appl: :wavey: I know he was an important member of the PS team and will be dearly missed! I am glad he remains available when needed!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bob with one of the mementos that he was presented. It's a custom poker chip. On the back it says Employee #1, with 2000 at top and 2017 at bottom.
bob_with_wf_poker_chip_crop.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice Texas Leaguer. I am sure that Bob is going to have a LOT of fun traveling. He will be well recognized by those in the trade as he travels, yet incognito to the general public. Hollywood stars will be envious of his private popularity.

He has earned his reputation and his time with his wife. May those years last long.

Wink

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink|1484769212|4116306 said:
Very nice Texas Leaguer. I am sure that Bob is going to have a LOT of fun traveling. He will be well recognized by those in the trade as he travels, yet incognito to the general public. Hollywood stars will be envious of his private popularity.

He has earned his reputation and his time with his wife. May those years last long.

Wink
Indeed!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bob and Linda :)
bob-linda.jpg

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bob with three other pillars at Whiteflash - Leon -production manager, Judi - processing coordinator, Vera -customer care coordinator. All together 59 combined years of service at Whiteflash!
bob-leon_judi_vera.jpg

seekingshiny

Rough_Rock
A well-deserved congratulations to Bob, I'm sure he's going to have a great time in Hawaii! :clap: Very thoughtful parting gifts also, and love the group photo of the team - it's nice to put names to faces!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your retirement! Wishing you and your wife many happy miles!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Woot, Woot, Congratulations Bob aka DimonBob!! We all have been truly blessed to share in your great knowledge, finesse, and discernment. You captured my <3 our 1st week together and our mutual adoration has only grown stronger through the years. Add to it the presence of your lovely wife Linda, who is always so kind and caring. It is easy to see why you two are "two peas in a pod" meant to be together. :love: :love:
Thank you for being such an influential foundation of Whiteflash and for imparting your love of fine diamonds, jewelry, and the desire of service beyond compare into our happy group of Whiteflash-ers. :clap: :dance:

Enjoy all that the world holds for you and Linda and always in great health and happiness. And Thanks for allowing us to bend your ear and heart from time to time. :love: :wavey:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Scene from Bob's party in our conference room. Judi, the WF 'poet laureate' , is reading a poem specially crafted for Bob to mark the occassion. :read:

team_pic.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations Bob!
I'll bet you WF will miss you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to Bob! He is obviously well loved and appreciated at WF - that's the best way of all to head out to retirement.

Best wishes to him for many happy years ahead!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dimonbob!

Salutations! Celebrations! Congratulations! - on both your well-deserved retirement and new emeritus status.

It's impossible to know how many people you've helped with their meaningful purchases, plans, designs and dreams.Your impact has been profoundly positive. You have also been constant and reliable as the northern star. It's my pleasure and honor to call you friend.

Photo circa 2004... Time to get out of that chair, take Linda and ENJOY, ENJOY!

170120-hoskins-wf.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And...I can't resist.

From super double-secret GIA archives.

Photo circa ???? :halo:

170120-hoskins-gia.jpg

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Bob! Enjoy the well deserved rest and Hawaii!!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Zomgoodness John Pollard, you are too much. Love that fluffy hair Bob!! :cheeky:

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Bob, all the best for your travels

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrates Bob.
Thank you for your service to the PS community over all the years!!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats again, Bob! :appl: You will be missed at WF, especially from PS'ers like myself! Good luck in all of your future endeavors! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results