shape
carat
color
clarity

Plain rose gold wedding band - e-Wedding Bands or Tiffany's?

mort1980

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I've been searching for a new wedding ring for what feels like ages... I've had some ideas about what I wanted but hadn't seriously looked at anything. Today, the hubby took me ring shopping and I was shocked to find that I DO NOT LIKE DIAMONDS. I know. Crazy, right? I didn't like a single diamond ring on my finger and I must've tried on every style possible at multiple locations. The only thing I liked was a London Blue Topaz ring in rose gold and that may be the winner. But the band is thin and so I would definitely want to pair it with a wedding band as well. On it's own, it just says "engaged" and I want it to say "married."

Okay, so my question. I'm trying to decide if the difference between the 3mm Tiffany Lucida and a similar 3mm ring from e-Wedding Bands is enough to justify the price? I have ordered from e-Wedding Bands before and though I've not seen a 3mm rose gold comfort fit in person (literally no one around here carries it), their other plain gold bands are solid and substantial. I tried on the Lucida in yellow gold recently and loved it but it didn't feel as heavy and substantial as I would expect from a Tiffany's piece. Is it just that the Tiffany ring will hold it's value better? Is the gold more pure somehow?

It's a price difference of about $500 and I'm just wondering if it's worth it. The Lucida definitely seemed very comfortable and smooth which is super important to me. But I imagine any comfort fit ring would feel that way?

I'd appreciate your input. Thanks.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Plain rose gold wedding band - e-Wedding Bands or Tiffan

HI:

If you don't "like diamonds" and you like "blue topaz rings", great.

Get a blue topaz ring.

Not sure where the Tiffany wedding band comes into the discussion here because you don't need my opinion to know that it might be a perfect fit, but never the perfect price.

Have you looked at Cartier wedding bands? Oops.

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have the 4mm lucida band in platinum and 18k rose gold and it's the most comfortable and substantial band I have ever owned while conversely I recently sent back a band I purchased from Ewedding bands. So I say yes the extra money is worth it. Happy shopping.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

From my point of view the Tiffany band is always worth the extra money both for it's aesthetics and comfort. If price is your main criteria, e-wedding bands might be your choice. There have been many here who have purchased from them and been very happy.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I bought few plain metal bands from E-weddingbands.com and have been happy with the quality. Their fit and finish is excellent. To me, tiffany hallmark is not worth the extra money they charge because I don't see the difference in quality.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock

I am also in the market for a rose gold wedding band and am so glad you brought up e-weddingbands. I will definitely order from them to check it out.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If you don't care about the Tiffany brand name, just get the e-weddingbands ring. I like the heavy domed comfort fit bands from them.

And lol, go over to the colored stones section of this forum and you'll find many of us who are more jazzed about colored stones than diamonds!

Julie_CA

Rough_Rock

I would believe any reputable manufacturer of "substantial feeling" wedding bands would give you a quality ring 18K ring. (Believe it should be 18K to match the Tiffany e-ring you are considering.)

That said, a couple of points to consider:

(1) What's substantial / comfortable / shaped to your liking is going to depend on what you like, and manufacturers don't all have exactly the same shape, interior thickness or roundness, etc.

(2) Different manufacturers can have different alloys for 18K so the colour can vary a little.

I bought my rose gold wedding band at Tiffany's because I saw the ring in person, and loved the shape and feel of the ring, and the colour of their rose gold. My previous ring is a 18K comfort fit band from another manufacturer (Birks) which is substantial and very comfortable as well. (I love that ring, I just can't wear it anymore because I can't resize it.) Both are domed and comfort fit but they have slightly different shapes and type of comfort fit as well.

Are the subtle differences going to make a difference to you? Only you would know.

If the differences matter and you love the Tiffany Lucinda band, another consideration is that I don't think anyone is allowed to copy it (so another reputable manufacturer would not copy it exactly)

But if the Tiffany's band isn't doing it for you, you should keep looking. There's nothing intrinsically more valuable about that band.

EDIT: I bought the 4.5mm band though. I like to wear the plain band by itself and felt the thinner ones weren't as much to my liking.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

baby monster|1484407246|4115274 said:
I bought few plain metal bands from E-weddingbands.com and have been happy with the quality. Their fit and finish is excellent. To me, tiffany hallmark is not worth the extra money they charge because I don't see the difference in quality.

+1

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium

For what it's worth, several views of my rose gold e-weddingbands ring, but it's 4mm heavy comfort fit.

All these are from e-weddingbands, 2.3m high/thick:
10 year old heavy platinum 4mm polished at edges to round it off more, so it's slightly less than 4mm
yellow gold 1mm spacer
yellow gold 3mm heavy comfort fit
rose gold 4mm heavy comfort fit

I love the rose gold, just got it about 6 months ago. All of them feel like silk, though. Heavy and high quality. I've never had my platinum band off, so it's a bit dull, but I love it.

Always a great experience with e-weddingbands.

20170120_202538_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results