shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Calling on PS expertise and advice

Beeby

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I have learned so much from this forum and I'm so grateful. I need your advice. I'm not sure how many have followed my prong debacle. But here is where I am now.

I returned the two remade rings to my jeweler. It was a center round brilliant 2.52 F VS1 And 14 princess cuts totaling 4.7 TCW. all G VS2

The rings turned out horrible because of all the prongs. See my thread for pics. :/

So I sent back the rings. My jeweler very graciously made an elegant 4 prong platinum solitaire setting for the round brilliant without charging me any additional. I spent $3,800 for the reset.

He has offered to credit me for the 14 princess cuts make an Eternity band of 4.5 TCW G VS2 , Shared prong, round brilliant in a Tiffany low style setting. For this he will charge $6500. This includes his labor and material cost to make a new platinum setting for the eternity band and the difference between the princess cuts and round diamonds. DOES THIS SEEM LIKE A GOOD DEAL?

I doubt I would wear the two on the same ring finger. I would probably wear the e band alone on my left hand ring finger or as a RHR.

I just want this whole ordeal to be over! Please give me your advice on whether this seems fair. What would you do?? I trust this jeweler very much as I have had a 20 year relationship with him. He has beautiful stones and his bench does beautiful work. There was just miscommunications about how I wanted them reset and the pictures I sent. I was thinking one thing and he was thinking another

The other option is to cut my losses, get the solitaire and 14 princess cuts back from him and do something later. I do think I would never use the princess stones.

Is it crazy that I am losing a lot of sleep over all this? Any advice would be appreciated !!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn't want a a full eternity at 4+ cts. I'd far rather have a 5 stone ring with .40 rounds for a total of 2 cts. An eternity that size will be kind of bulky, I think. But this is about what YOU want. Do NOT do it unless you REALLY want a large eternity regardless of price. You are right that they really wouldn't work on the same finger. My tagline here used to be, "When in doubt, don't", and I think that applies here! I'd cut my losses unless I really desired that eternity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results