shape
carat
color
clarity

Search ends for Malaysia flight 370....What's your theory?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Search ends for Malaysia flight 370....What's your theor

momhappy|1484659867|4115930 said:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/17/search-for-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-370.html

With the search ending for Malaysia flight 370, what's your theory on the missing plane?

Given that I am not an aviation expert of any kind, from what I've read/heard, I would be most inclined to favor some sort of hypoxic event that incapacitated both crew and passengers. I just "feel" that it wasn't a plotted event. By my feelings are pretty irrelevant I know.

There is no real consensus even among the experts. I think it will be a very long time before we know. We may indeed, never know.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1484659867|4115930 said:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/17/search-for-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-370.html

With the search ending for Malaysia flight 370, what's your theory on the missing plane?

Pilot mass murder/suicide by pilot, the Captain. I think this because someone shut off the transponder over land, you don't do that unless you don't want to be tracked (which they weren't obviously). Now my theory is just my opinion, we may never, they have to find it and it's been gone so long now, Indian Ocean is big and has storms etc. We do know it crashed in the Indian Ocean, very very hard for the families I'm sure.. not knowing, not having any closure really. Hope they find it someday.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My theory is that for whatever reason, the plane and cabin suffered rapid depressurization, slipping the passengers and crew into unconsciousness. The plane likely flew unpiloted for a time and eventually crashed. By that point (hopefully) the people on the plane had already died and felt no impact.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've no idea.

One thing's for sure.
We have technology so this could never happen again.

Instead of transponders and flight recorders, aka black boxes, all planes should be transmitting all that data directly to orbiting satellites in real time.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

^Yes, you'd think that if technology allows us to put a rover on Mars, that we might have better technology than black boxes. From what I understand, however, it would require a massive change that would take a considerable amount of time, be complicated, and it would be expensive. The black box seems to be inadequate, but apparently they provide enough information to determine how and why flights go down and I don't think it happens very often that they are not found in a crash.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think Trump did it. Probably by Twitter.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rainwood|1484683446|4116036 said:
I think Trump did it. Probably by Twitter.

Nah.

Hillary ordered its disappearance via an email from Benghazi.

Then she lied about it.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1484680676|4116018 said:
I've no idea.

One thing's for sure.

Instead of transponders and flight recorders, aka black boxes, all planes should be transmitting all that data directly to orbiting satellites in real time.

That's right Kenny. ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast) will be mandatory in all aircraft by Jan. 2020. A small percentage have it now. Everyone's ideas are plausible and we'll probably never know.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1484680676|4116018 said:
I've no idea.

One thing's for sure.

Updating all aircraft (and the US NAS) to the level you're wanting is a larger undertaking than most people understand. There are a lot of things that "should be", and a bunch of things in the way of the smooth working of the insanely complex interlocking relationships, at any given time. I say this as someone who used to work for the FAA. I only knew about the issues with a small corner of things (mainly dealing with the maintenence of airport, navaid, and obstacle data, flight inspection software maintenance, a few other odds and ends), and those issues were quite enough. Believe me Kenny, there are a lot of dedicated people working on modernizing. But that said, the US and Canadian (etc) authorities would still have no authority to dictate minimum technology levels outside of their own airspace.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks all. :wavey:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deliberate pilot action, suicide/murder. It makes sense. I asked a 35+ year pilot for his educated opinion. :blackeye:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lyra|1484701858|4116108 said:
Deliberate pilot action, suicide/murder. It makes sense. I asked a 35+ year pilot for his educated opinion. :blackeye:

Every military and commercial pilot I asked said this.

I thought 60 Minutes' investigation came to this conclusion too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results