color
clarity

Antique Asscher ring by CVB Inspired Design

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1483821751|4113351 said:
Thank you, Arkie!!!

Here's a quick pic sitting in the 8" of snow we got last night. Sorry this was in the shade, but I didn't want to go out further than just outside the door! :lol:

Love the latest snow pic--look at the beautiful faceting of your stone! :love: But it sure looks like you got a lot more snow than we did! :o

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I'm late to this party, but I wanted to pop in and congratulate you on your exquisite new ring DS. You have come a long way since you first starting seeking diamonds in 2006! I love that you based the design on an antique Tiffany setting and kept it simple and sophisticated. You have put together an impressive collection. Wear this stunning new piece in good health and happiness my friend.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
M2B..yes, we got about 8 inches of snow!!!!! Yikes! Thanks, but I have about 1/10th the photography skills that you do!!!

Sundial!!!! Great to see you! :wavey: Thank you so much!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter with little fingers took a pic of the ring today. This is indoors in daylight. This stone never looks like a K to me!

img_14465.jpg

Bsmom

Rough_Rock
This ring is one of my favorites!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bsmom|1484272517|4114912 said:
This ring is one of my favorites!!!

Thank you so much! I look forward to us jewelry shopping one of these days!

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1483032500|4110384 said:
I took a couple of quick pics of the 2.3 ct AVR with the 2.7 ct asscher...

I still just can NOT get enough of this ring! I can't believe how breath-taking it is!

Also... I'm beginning to feel like your ring-stalker. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dazzlerazzle|1484324812|4115040 said:
diamondseeker2006|1483032500|4110384 said:
I took a couple of quick pics of the 2.3 ct AVR with the 2.7 ct asscher...

I still just can NOT get enough of this ring! I can't believe how breath-taking it is!

Also... I'm beginning to feel like your ring-stalker. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Thank you, Dazzle! And I can't wait to see what you'll be getting this year, either! ;)) :love: We'll be diamond sisters soon!

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new beautiful ring! It's a complete piece of jewelry, and more beautiful than your AVR ring, in my opinion. I found that lately I am very intrigued by the antique asscher diamonds and yours is really beautiful!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
DiamondSeeker and a K SI! Asscher...no way...LOL!!! Oh those lower color old cuts how they draw us in! What a find! Love, love the setting too! Lucky girl!

Amazing how great cuts enhance color...it's magical.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EvaEvans|1484433778|4115370 said:
Congratulations on your new beautiful ring! It's a complete piece of jewelry, and more beautiful than your AVR ring, in my opinion. I found that lately I am very intrigued by the antique asscher diamonds and yours is really beautiful!

Thank you, Eva! I fell in love with antique asschers when I first saw one! They are relatively rare compared to other antique cuts, so I didn't really think I'd ever have one. I certainly was fortunate in this case. I think you are right that the asscher ring is more special because the stone has a setting that complements it really well. I know that has been the source of my qualms about whether to even keep the AVR. It just doesn't have a setting that is perfect for it yet! I hope I can eventually figure that out!

ariel144 said:
DiamondSeeker and a K SI! Asscher...no way...LOL!!! Oh those lower color old cuts how they draw us in! What a find! Love, love the setting too! Lucky girl!

I know, right?!!! :lol: Thanks so much, Ariel!

Very true about cut being the main thing over color. Especially true in antique stones. I'd take a great cut antique stone in any color, really, now that I know!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1484514400|4115548 said:
EvaEvans|1484433778|4115370 said:

Thank you, Eva! I fell in love with antique asschers when I first saw one! They are relatively rare compared to other antique cuts, so I didn't really think I'd ever have one. I certainly was fortunate in this case. I think you are right that the asscher ring is more special because the stone has a setting that complements it really well. I know that has been the source of my qualms about whether to even keep the AVR. It just doesn't have a setting that is perfect for it yet! I hope I can eventually figure that out!

ariel144 said:

I know, right?!!! :lol: Thanks so much, Ariel!

Very true about cut being the main thing over color. Especially true in antique stones. I'd take a great cut antique stone in any color, really, now that I know!

Yes, ppl just can't believe that cut is REALLY KING...one must experience it for themselves to be a believer. I'm with you...forget the color in an antique especially...just give me the rare well cut old stone.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
What are the depth and table % on your asscher? Some of the antiques and better cut asschers are cut pretty deep with small tables...yum!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ariel144|1484532264|4115600 said:
What are the depth and table % on your asscher? Some of the antiques and better cut asschers are cut pretty deep with small tables...yum!

The table is 51 and depth 70. That is what I love the most...high crown with small table! Most modern asschers have 60+ tables which are fine, but I love the antiques more!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!! How did I miss this??!! I saw it on Caysie's IG, but didn't realize it was yours, DS!! So lovely!!! Congrats!! :appl: :love: :love:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've enjoyed all your pics and think S he looks fabulous in all settings! I don't think she looks like a K, either. Antique stones are so intriguing.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.. I have been MIA for a couple of week from PS and missed a lot of lovely things.
DS.. your new ring is fantastic!!! LOVE the stone and it looks so beautiful on your hand. :love: :love: :love:
Congrats!!! Enjoy!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1484599996|4115792 said:
OMG!! How did I miss this??!! I saw it on Caysie's IG, but didn't realize it was yours, DS!! So lovely!!! Congrats!! :appl: :love: :love:

Thanks, msop!!! We are both lucky to have had CVB rings!

kgizo said:
I've enjoyed all your pics and think S he looks fabulous in all settings! I don't think she looks like a K, either. Antique stones are so intriguing.

Thank you so much! I do think antique stones are very special!

Rubies-R-Me said:
Wow.. I have been MIA for a couple of week from PS and missed a lot of lovely things.
DS.. your new ring is fantastic!!! LOVE the stone and it looks so beautiful on your hand. :love: :love: :love:
Congrats!!! Enjoy!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Glad to see you back, Rubies!!! Thank you so much!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely! :appl: What a beautiful stone, she doesn't look like a K in your photos! The setting is charming and sets off your stone perfectly. Congratulations on your new ring.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! You have the exact two types of diamonds I would want to own and in such generous sizes too! Very nice! I love the ribbon prongs and how they accent the shape of the asscher. I need to get me some of those :) Beautiful ring!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
There isn't much better than delicious stone and well made, beautiful setting. You combined them perfectly. Classic beauty. Your collection is growing with true heirloom pieces. Just waiting next one...

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! :love: DS, your new ring is stunning. A truly gorgeous heirloom. Congratulations! :appl:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing diamond and setting! Perfection. Congrats, DS.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1483912369|4113588 said:
My daughter with little fingers took a pic of the ring today. This is indoors in daylight. This stone never looks like a K to me!
:-o ..Was gonna say you have young looking hands... Till I saw "my daughter" .. :bigsmile: Yup, looks way higher than a K color... :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all the kind comments, cokitty, clearfading, Confection, nycspring, AnnaH, and DF!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow DS, so beautiful! I love the proportions on the stone - I like the shorter emerald / elongated asscher look. Very nice!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1485119000|4118173 said:
Wow DS, so beautiful! I love the proportions on the stone - I like the shorter emerald / elongated asscher look. Very nice!!!!!!

Thanks so much, ecf! I really do like the elongated shape of antique asschers, as well!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, DS! What band do you pair your CvB asscher with? Photos, please..thanks!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maita13|1486153299|4123813 said:

Hi, Maita! I am not wild about my Tiffany Legacy diamond band with this ring. I feel like it would look better if it were slightly smaller. The next time I am near Tiffany's, I would like to try on their plain 2mm platinum band with milgrain edges. If that one sits too high, then I will go with a lower milgrain edge band if I like the look. I really haven't been anywhere to try bands on with this ring yet! So I have been wearing it alone for the time being! If I do try some on, I will try to update the thread!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maita13|1486153299|4123813 said:

I took a picture today with the Legacy band, but I still plan to try on others as I think the diamond band takes away from the asscher ring. It's hard to see in a photo because the sparkle shows up less.

2017-02-05_16.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results