shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite ring help

porkandham

Rough_Rock
elle - I'm not really good at it either. I wish they could make the drawing look more like the finished product! After many sketches yesterday we're going to try a wider split shank so it's further away from the half moons. If that doesn't work, I'll go to a single band with diamonds. She sketched one out that looked very nice.

qubitasaurus- That ring is similar (but with ginormous stones)! Thanks for the image! I was having a hard time imagining the bezels.

porkandham

Rough_Rock
Quick turnaround on new drawing!

img_0087.jpg

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They seem to have raised the profile of the side stones (they are now sitting above the band wheras they were previously flush with the band) to make them stand out more.

There is also a change in the segment where the pave meets the plain band -- which I am not entirely convinced by.

The only thing which really matters though is whether you like the overall concept? I am sure some of the talented people here can offer suggestions about how to tweak it if you do.

porkandham

Rough_Rock
Qubitasaurus - I see what you mean about where the pave meets the plain band. It's a bit awkward/unrefined. I don't think that part of the ring will show when I'm wearing it, but I'll ask what we can do about it. I do like how the side stone are more prominent now. When we mocked it up in the shop with a pair of small diamond eternity bands, it looked very nice - like the Tsavorite was a bridge between the two bands.

porkandham

Rough_Rock
I went in today and tried out the wax model. We decided to change the band to bead set; I wanted something more comfortable for daily wear. This will also change the angle where the diamonds meet the plain part of the band, so that part will look better.

img_0590.jpg

Sorry for the sideways picture. I don't know how to fix that.

Any suggestions before I pull the trigger?

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually it looks lovely -- the 3 stones seem really well matched.

The only things I can think of are whether the melee daimonds are a relatively close colour match for the side stones (this may even be irrelevant as the daimonds in the band are so small). And whether you like the prongs (they look good to me. I like the fact that they're going to protect the corners of the tsav cushion).

I hope it will turn out exactly as you've envisioned.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It looks good to my eyes.
Looking forward to see the result.

porkandham

Rough_Rock
Acinom and qubitasaurus- Thank you for your replies! Sorry for the late response. I got busy with the holidays and then my boys' back to school stuff.

porkandham

Rough_Rock
I have the ring! I wish I had trusted my instincts and gone with a plainer band. I may have it reworked down the road, but for now, I'm going to wear it as is. Thank you all for your advice and encouragement!

img_0642_5.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just lovely. I can only hope to own as pretty a ring as this one day. Congrats!

porkandham

Rough_Rock
Thank you, derbygal!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You picked a lovely stone -- the color and contrast with the side stones is awesome.

It looks like a really fun ring that can easily be stacked with other bands -- I see possibilities for new acquisitions :naughty: . I hope it brings you a lot of happiness and that you get to enjoy it for a little while before finding creative new ways to deconstruct it and put it back together again -- although that part could be fun too :D.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring turned out beautifully!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The finished piece is gorgeous :love: Any chance of you sharing a hand shot so we can see this lovely ring on?

porkandham

Rough_Rock
qubitasaurus - Thank you! I'm going to try to restrain myself from any new acquisitions for a while!

chatoyancy- Thank you!

2Neezers - Thank you! I'll try to post a hand shot soon.

porkandham

Rough_Rock
Here's a hand shot. It's so hard to capture how it looks in real life!

img_0662_0.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear that you are not 100% satisfied. Hopefully the setting will grow on you as it looks so beautiful on you. Both the stone as well as the setting are stunning.

porkandham

Rough_Rock
Acinom - Thank you! I'm sure the setting will grow on me. It just feels a little bling-y for everyday wear, but I know I'll get used to it.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks beautiful on your hand! I love it's look with the split shank band set wide apart :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful ring and I'm sure you'll get used to all that bling. :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

porkandham

Rough_Rock
2Neezers and Chrono- Thank you!

After wearing the ring for several days, I'm starting to get used to it and really like it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring suits your hand well and the tsavorite is a gorgeous shade of green. :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring!

porkandham

Rough_Rock
minousbijoux and pregcurious - Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results