shape
carat
color
clarity

Here's one good thing

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at the grocery store yesterday at the customer service desk, when I noticed a bunch of kids run in, grab a piece of fruit (from bananas, apples and oranges) and then run back out the door. Then I saw that this was a stand with a sign over it indicating free fruit for kids, take one. Huh. The customer service woman told me that they started this a few months ago. I never even noticed it, just blended into the rest of the store, I guess. But, how wonderful is this. :appl: So, all may not be lost after all, folks. Well, it probably is, but at least kids will be encouraged to eat fruit! ;))

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I love your post. Some folks are great.

I just heard a cute story-joke this morning. I watch a political show and the following show is Joel Olstein, a preacher who tells a joke before his sermon. I always listen for this as it usually puts a smile on my face. This morning: A mother, with 2 rather mischievous boys, decided to take them to see their pastor about their behavior. The mother took them one at a time.

The pastor asked the boy, "Where is God?" The boy did not answer.

The pastor asked the boy again, "Where is God?". The boy still did not answer.

On the third try, the pastor asked again, "Where is God?, the boy bolted from the room and ran home yelling for his brother. When he found him, the boy said, "God is missing and they're blaming us".

I'm still smiling.
Annette

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1484499406|4115479 said:
I was at the grocery store yesterday at the customer service desk, when I noticed a bunch of kids run in, grab a piece of fruit (from bananas, apples and oranges) and then run back out the door. Then I saw that this was a stand with a sign over it indicating free fruit for kids, take one. Huh. The customer service woman told me that they started this a few months ago. I never even noticed it, just blended into the rest of the store, I guess. But, how wonderful is this. :appl: So, all may not be lost after all, folks. Well, it probably is, but at least kids will be encouraged to eat fruit! ;))

There's a store near me that does this. The sign says:
"Free bananas for kids. Better than candy!"

I know the produce manager, he's a good guy.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! So much produce is wasted because it starts to go bad before it is sold. I know some stores that give produce that they would otherwise throw out to the local food pantry. Letting the kids chose a piece of fruit makes me smile :D

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The simplest things have the biggest impacts. What a great idea. I'm going to suggest this to a couple of stores in my area. Great post!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
awesome! I love it!

My wifey says they have had it at a store in the area of Canada where she is from for years.
Originally they gave out free cookies to kids, but then they changed to fruit many years ago.
Sad thing is that walmart opened a superstore nearby and will likely put them out of business.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is truly wonderful!

I was in a grocery store in the produce area and I noticed a mom and toddler and I saw the toddler was eating a tomato! (hopefully she washed it :)) but I was dumbstruck by how smart that was, when I was pushing my boys around it was back in the 90s and free cookies..My older son was faint before eating a tomato even today and he's 29.

Thanks for the good thing!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea! :appl:

For some reason I remember hearing in WW2 the tobacco companies gave out free cartons of cigarettes to soldiers in boot camp.
Not really the same thing ... but ... :lol:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Our local grocery store (it's a chain) has been doing this for over 20 years. It started with cookies, then was fruit leather and now it's fruit. My boys had twice weekly treats for years.
I'm Canadian.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1484532144|4115599 said:
Our local grocery store (it's a chain) has been doing this for over 20 years. It started with cookies, then was fruit leather and now it's fruit. My boys had twice weekly treats for years.
I'm Canadian.

I have serious Canada-envy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results