carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, no worries about talking about pasta; I can fix some anytime I want. Our separate meals are just challenging at times.

Oh no to a freezing office today. Crap that the little portable heater blew the breaker. We have one in the man cave but they have always made me nervous. I know they are safer now than they used to be years ago.

That is pretty awesome how well that man took having his Volvo scraped; he sounds like he was very decent about it. I am sorry your Mercedes will require an extensive repair.

Good luck with your procedure; mega PS dust coming your way. Let us know when you can how things go. Big Hugs to you.

Dee Jay, that is pretty decent sized for your rooms. I would probably go with the larger rug but that’s just my humble opinion.

Glad that scrape on your car wasn’t a major deal. It’s kind of normal to have scratches on a car.

Sorry to hear you had a migraine; I hope you are feeling better tonight. CB’s daughter’s trip sounds amazing. Too funny you fell asleep while CB was recounting her adventures to you though.

Not much new around here. I got my annual review today; it was good. I actually haven’t read it yet but my boss told me the rating and said he has no problems with me at all.

I got my yellow sapphires. They are pretty. They are lighter than my ring but for earrings they should be fine. After they are mounted and on my ears they will look darker anyway.

I went off and forgot my diamond ring today. I had my 3 pointer band and my EC RHR; I felt weird without it. Looking at my thin band all day made me think “ooh a bunch of stackers would be cool.”

We went out to dinner tonight. I was pretty hungry so I ate more than normal; I am kind of stuffed right now. Marty said I could pick one night a week and we could plan on going out that night. I like that idea. Date night.

Have a great Wednesday.
Curby / Marcy

Here are a few pictures of my sapphires. Our lighting is horrible in here - that is why I like to take photos during the day with the drapes open.

_38849.jpg

_38850.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, no worries about talking about pasta; I can fix some anytime I want. Our separate meals are just challenging at times.

Oh no to a freezing office today. Crap that the little portable heater blew the breaker. We have one in the man cave but they have always made me nervous. I know they are safer now than they used to be years ago.

That is pretty awesome how well that man took having his Volvo scraped; he sounds like he was very decent about it. I am sorry your Mercedes will require an extensive repair.

Good luck with your procedure; mega PS dust coming your way. Let us know when you can how things go. Big Hugs to you.

Dee Jay, that is pretty decent sized for your rooms. I would probably go with the larger rug but that’s just my humble opinion.

Glad that scrape on your car wasn’t a major deal. It’s kind of normal to have scratches on a car.

Sorry to hear you had a migraine; I hope you are feeling better tonight. CB’s daughter’s trip sounds amazing. Too funny you fell asleep while CB was recounting her adventures to you though.

Not much new around here. I got my annual review today; it was good. I actually haven’t read it yet but my boss told me the rating and said he has no problems with me at all.

I got my yellow sapphires. They are pretty. They are lighter than my ring but for earrings they should be fine. After they are mounted and on my ears they will look darker anyway.

I went off and forgot my diamond ring today. I had my 3 pointer band and my EC RHR; I felt weird without it. Looking at my thin band all day made me think “ooh a bunch of stackers would be cool.”

We went out to dinner tonight. I was pretty hungry so I ate more than normal; I am kind of stuffed right now. Marty said I could pick one night a week and we could plan on going out that night. I like that idea. Date night.

Have a great Wednesday.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few pictures of my sapphires and my ring. The yellow is lighter than my ring but I know once they are mounted no one will notice the difference. I hate the lighting in our living room and kitchen/dining room; it makes my photos so yellow.

_38851.jpg

_38852.jpg

_38853.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, your new sapphires are lovely and I think they will look great in the dangle design you've picked!

Last night I had leftovers, drank two big glasses of wine and went to bed. Not very exciting but it worked for me, ha ha! The CB is going snowmobiling up north this weekend with some buddies so I have big plans... drink more wine... lie on the couch and read a book... read another book... MAYBE do some laundry (but I would hate to over exert myself!)... and there will be food involved at some point too! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Good luck tomorrow, Rod!

Dee Jay, your weekend plans sound perfect. I like the wine, reading and food part the best. I am reading the latest Mitch Rapp book and just downloaded Carrie Fisher’s Princess Diarest.

Right before I left for work I decided to see if my yellow sapphires were florescent. I popped the lid off the little container and both of those suckers shot out of there like a rocket. One hit the coffee table and the other hit the floor. I louped them tonight and did not see any scratches or chips. I made up my “order” for the jeweler. I am going to ask for .05 ct. FG VS best cut diamond accents in my earrings. I tried one of the sapphires against a .03 and .05 diamond and also an elongated .12 ct baguette. I liked the 5 pointer the best. Then I put the sapphires back in their case and I’m not touching them again. Really!

Not much else going on here.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, don't worry, we've all dropped a few gems in our time! I have also wacked mine more than once (one time when I hit my original pear e-ring on the dryer taking clothes out still makes me cringe, even though it was more than 10 years ago!). The important part is the sapphires are ok and soon they'll be dangling from your ears!

Last night was pretty uneventful. The CB stopped and got a rotisserie chicken and we had that with some of those little Hawaiian rolls (damn do I love those things!). I had a little chocolate and made the decision that the rest of the chocolate is going in the trash as soon as I get home tonight because it's turned into a bad habit every single evening.

The CB is headed north tonight so I'm on my own for the weekend -- woo hoo! I may do a little closet cleaning to break of the ennui of eating, drinking, and reading... but I'm not fully committed to the idea yet!

I've also got a client I'm trying desperately to get under contract but I've either got a super slow seller or a really bad agent on the other side of this deal -- or maybe both. It's getting ridiculous. If we don't reach an agreement soon I'm afraid we won't be able to meet the target closing date. Ah, the joys of being a realtor!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh........The best laid plans, right? Well today wasn't one of those times. I was originally scheduled to arrive at 9:00 AM for a noon operation. Then they called when they needed to collect my outrageously huge co-pay that my operation had been moved up and I needed to be there at 5:30 AM for an 8:30 operation. So we were there before 5:30. And we sat. And we sat. And we sat longer. I kept asking what was the holdup. The girls at the check in desk are nice, but clueless. Finally, at 9:30 I asked to see my doctor, who had no idea I was told the surgery had been moved to an earlier time. He was very apologetic and got me in about an hour later. Then you sit on a stretcher and wait an hour for a nurse to come ask you a billion questions you had already answered during the pre-op call and hook you up to IV's. Then you wait for the anesthesiologist to come by and ask the bazillion questions you just answered for the nurse. Then his assistant comes to see you and ask the very same questions. Finally the scrub nurse comes to meet you and ask the bazillion questions. You know, cuz the 40th time you answer these questions might change the outcome, right? Finally, they said the operating room was opening up for me and they put a happy dose of something into my IV. Not enough to knock me out, but enough to feel like I'd just had a very potent cocktail. I was blissfully happy being wheeled to the operating room.

Good so far, right? Not so as it turns out. I don't even remember being put to sleep, but when I woke up, in recovery (it was now 1:30 this afternoon and I'd been there since 5 something), I immediately felt to see if the catheter was there. It wasn't. When my doctor finally came to see me, he said my prostate is way larger than it should be for someone my age and good physical condition, so he decided to not to do the Turp procedure (that's the shaving it down to stop the blockage) but to just do the biopsy and then see what the results are in a couple weeks to determine what procedure I'll have in February. He said if he had done the Turp and biopsy today, depending on what the future may hold, it could end up making me incontinent. Wouldn't that be fabulous? :-o :-o :((

So, I'm home, bleeding from both ends (sorry if this is TMI), but I can resume relatively normal activity tomorrow afternoon. And I get to go back to my doctor on the 25th to see what the pathology results are. Then have surgery in February either way.

I wasn't in the least tired when we left the hospital and they called while I was in surgery to say my new glasses were ready. So we went to Jimmy Johns for lunch, which is next to the Optical Shop and I got my glasses. I've got to say, they are superbly comfortable. They're Silhouette's. They weigh like nothing. Their rimless, with Titanium posts and nose bridge. This is what I got for my birthday and Charlie wants to get a pair for his birthday in March.

So, that was my day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, I am cringing thinking about you whacking a pear diamond. Your dinner sounds good last night. I have not tried those Hawaiian rolls yet; darn now I am going to have to try them. We have bread so infrequently that I really enjoy it anymore. Good luck getting your client under contract this weekend.

Rod, sorry about the major mix up at the hospital. What an awful way to start a stressful day. I hate to hear they don’t know yet what you are dealing with. I’ll continue to send get well dust your way. You new glasses sound fabulous. Rest up this weekend and feel better.

Not much going on here today. Spent most of my day in my boss’s office. One of my employees is not going to be happy with their appraisal and then of course all the associated follow up fun with those. Should be interesting. I am not looking forward to handing out their appraisals next week. I am too soft for management. I was honest on their appraisals though. Three of them will be okay whatever but those other 2 not so much.

I met a friend for lunch today. It was nice to get out of the office.

We had salad, steak and taters for supper. That’s Wyoming speak.

Tomorrow if Friday. Woo hoo!!!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGIF kid!

Rod, OMG -- what an ORDEAL! I can't believe that they screwed up the timing and then when you came out of the anesthetic found out that they didn't do what you thought they were going to do! Big hugs to you my friend, and to Charlie as I'm sure this is hard on him too.

Curby, LOL on Wyoming speak. And good luck with giving your employees their appraisals. I once had a woman cry in my office after I gave her one. I'm not a crier and I don't have the first clue what to do with them either. It was bad all around. Ugh.

Yesterday I had the contract come together that I was waiting on so I had to run up to the client's house and get some paperwork initialed and pick up the check, then I had to run the check to my office to be messengered to the other agent's office today. Anyone who things we live in a paperless society has never done a real estate deal! I'm in my office today (and also was yesterday, even though I am only supposed to work three days a week) because I've been waiting for comments to come back from our lawyers on something that I wanted to get out today. The comments DID come in and I can see it's going to be a long day... Oh well, that's why they call it *work*, right?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, how are you doing today?

Dee Jay, I am giving my appraisals next week. Two of them will be tough. I have had a crier before too; it is uncomfortable for sure. A friend of mine is married to a HR manager and he keeps his tissues hidden. Criers will leave sooner if they can’t find any tissues. Glad to hear a contract came together and I remember lots of paperwork with buying our house. Did all the ice melt there?

I am so glad it’s the weekend. I am not thinking about work (unless I get called of course) until Monday.

Marty is making us a beef parmesan dinner tonight. It smells GREAT!!!

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........I guess I'm doing OK today. I slept in this morning as I was advised I wasn't able to drive until 24 hours after anesthesia. Who knew that if you have anesthesia you can get a DUI within the first 24 hours if you mess up while driving. I went to work around noon, but didn't really accomplish anything. I was tired and still not feeling very well and my throat is sore from having a tube down it. We did go for Sushi tonight, but I just didn't want sushi, so I had Ramen Noodle Soup with thick slices of pork tenderloin. It was really perfect and just what I wanted. I hope to just relax this weekend.

Marcy, steak parm sounds yummy. DeeJay, I'm glad your contract finally came together. Real-Estate is one holdout industry where paper still rules, that's for sure. I've actually been thinking about getting my real-estate license and getting out of IT recruiting. My father was a realtor and my brother is a broker. It's kind of in our DNA. But I wanted to go a different direction. Maybe it's time to try using my DNA?

I'm heading to bed for what I hope is a better nights sleep. Since they cut into my prostate, going to the bathroom has been quite a challenge and very painful, but I'm hoping it's less so tonight. They did give me a prescription for pain pills, but it's a codone something and I just don't want to take any, so I didn't get it filled.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, that's a brilliant idea about keeping the tissues hidden! Next time I have to deliver a bad appraisal (which I hope will be NEVER since I don't EVER want to have to manage people again, haha!) I am going to stash the kleenex in my desk beforehand!

Rod, real estate a a HARD business. You never know where your next deal is coming from -- or even if there WILL BE a next deal. I'm at the beginning of the year and I have exactly one client right now (who happens to be under contract on the smallest transaction I've ever done and I'm doubting whether it will even close given how it's going... ). Of course I say this every year and magically clients DO materialize, but I am always panicked that it won't be the case. Is there any way you can try doing it on the side without leaving your regular job? That being said, it's hardly "on the side" because when your clients want you they want you NOW. At 2 pm on a Tuesday sort of NOW. Also, a lot gets done during the workday (more than my boss realizes, I'm sure!) so if you're not in an environment where you can close the door (maybe multiple times in in a day) and talk to people I'm not sure doing it contemporaneous with another job would work. If you ever want to talk about it seriously though let me know. After 13 years I've gained at least a little bit of insight and I'm of course happy to share it with you!

The CB is still up north. Two of my neighbors came down last night and we drank a bit of prosecco and then I had pita chips and humus for dinner. This morning I'm enjoying a cup of coffee in bed (although I had to be my own Coffee Fairy and hit the button on the Nespresso machine my self to make it happen!) and then I have Absolutely Nothing to do all day!!! Tomorrow I've got an inspection (on the deal that might or might not happen) at 9 am way up north and I'm thinking I might continue to one of the malls with a Macys and a Nordstroms to make some returns. I should also clean up a bit this weekend (the floor hasn't been properly mopped in ages... ) and I also want to put together a postcard list to send to my marketing department to get my real estate mailings up and running again. I haven't done that for years but I figure it's time to remind people that I'm out there and active!

Now the big decision... get up and take a shower or have a second cup of coffee right here in bed... ?!? :cheeky:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your thoughts on real-estate DeeJay. I couldn't keep my full time job and do this on the side as my boss wouldn't appreciate me running out on a moments notice to take care of an issue or a client if the need arose. I just know I really need to do something other than what I'm currently doing and I have no real clue what that should be. I have 4.2 more years before I can start collecting my full SS (if the GOP doesn't screw me and millions others over the next 4 years on this). The thought of doing what I'm currently doing for that much time makes me nauseous. If I did get my realtor license, I'd have to go at it full time and hope I made a living. I'll think on this one more and I won't jump on any wagon quickly.

We're having coffee and fruit right now. We're Nespresso users as well. Simply love Nespresso coffees. We've had our machine two years now.

I'm going to drop my sunglasses by our optician today, and get my new prescription put in. Our friends own the store. It's not the kind of place where you get your lenses in the same day, so I'll have to use sunglasses without a prescription for a few days. Then we're going to head over to the mall and get some more Teavana tea. We've gotten into drinking tea at night instead of coffee. I've become addicted to their Ginger Lemon. It's just so so so good. We steep it in a really cool teapot I bought Charlie for Christmas. You just dump the loose tea in the pot. Pour boiling water in and let it steep for 5 minutes. Then you just put the pot on top of your tea mug and the tea comes out the bottom, but the tea leaves stay inside. It's such a simple and nice way to brew and serve the tea.

Otherwise, no other plans for the day. I slept really well last night. It's not nearly as painful to use the restroom this morning and the antibiotic seems to be working and I'm feeling more myself. We're going to cook dinner at home tonight, but we haven't decided what we want.

Have fun returning things at Macy's and Nordstrom.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I made the leap and got out of bed and took a shower. I've also taken out the trash and recycling, emptied (and now partially refilled!) the dishwasher, folded a bunch of clothes, and done some general cleaning up. I think I AM going to have that second cup of coffee though because I agree, Nespresso is the BEST!

Two questions I need opinions on:

I have a Dualit toaster with built in sandwich maker that I was given as a gift many years ago. I've hated it from Day 1 and I finally ordered a new toaster that I've tried out a few times and deemed to be satisfactory. So here's the question... A new Dualit of this kind with the sandwich makes cage retails for about $250. Yes, Two Hundred And Fifty Dollars for a TOASTER. Should I give this thing to the Salvation Army? I mean, it is an appliance that has been in use for a number of years, but it's an expensive (to me) appliance so I wonder if someone would be thrilled to come across it... ? Or, since it has been used, should I just toss it? I mean, I don't want any to got "EWWWW! A *used* appliance?! WHO would think it was a good idea to donate THAT?!?"

The second question is about painting the the boat house. So my original inclination was to paint it a light aqua color because that just seems so "beachy" to me. Then I found a rug that I love and ordered a small one to see the actual colors (because who knows what something on the internet actually looks like in real life) and a light blue color would be better with the rug (the same color pretty much my entire main house is painted now -- I am a One Trick Pony!). BUT... would I be better off painting the place a light tan? I mean, Aqua/blue/green sound great in theory, but what if I want to change the decor in a few years? I'm going to go neutral with the upholstered furniture (beige couch, dark brown chairs) and the cabinetry will be white so changing the decor would most likely be an accessory thing just to be clear. The CB says the place is so small we can repaint the whole thing ourselves in a weekend, but am I better off just going totally neutral (which seems so damn BORING through!) from the beginning or should I go for the color scheme I think would be more fun?

Decisions decisions!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh -- and let me be clear!

Talk about First World problems!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL to first world problems.

#1. We have a Dualit toaster and love it but it doesn't have a sandwich maker. I say donate it, or even put it on Craigslist and sell it. They're pricey and so well made. Do NOT throw it away.

#2. Paint your unit whatever color would make you smile the most when you walk in. A 400 square foot place would be a breeze to repaint anytime you think you want a new color. We painted the condo a beautiful aqau and it worked with all our furnishings and colors. We haven't painted the current town home as the paint color seems to work well and it's a nice brownish beige. But we didn't paint because we didn't have enough time between the move out of the condo and move in to the town house. I'm betting we will paint at some point in the future.

Problems solved.

You're welcome!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! Thank you for solving my problems!

I will (1) donate the toaster and (2) paint the boat house light blue!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I feel like I missed a lot with so many posts from you guys.

Rod, I am glad the Ramen noodle soup hit the spot for you yesterday. Soup is always good when you don’t feel well. I hope you are relaxing today and feeling better. Your new teapot sounds really cool.

Dee Jay, I agree that hiding the tissues is a brilliant idea. I think that is one of the funniest thing I ever heard. I am sure people in HR see a lot of crying. I am sure you work any and all hours as a realtor. I bet it can be a rough way to make a living at times. Have fun shopping tomorrow if you end up at the mall. Our toaster is Breville and we really like it. I see Rod answered your questions already. I would echo what he said; donate the toaster or try to sell it and paint the boathouse whatever color you want. I like the blue / aqua color scheme but it’s always easy to change.

We are a Nespresso family as well. I don’t drink coffee though but Marty sure enjoys it.

It was errand day for me. I dropped off my sapphires along with picture of the lever backs and instructions. They’ll call me with an estimate. While I was there I wanted to look at rose gold settings but they didn’t have much. This mom and pop store has a massive sale on Superbowl Sunday and he offered to give me those prices today. I didn’t see anything I couldn’t live without.

Stopped by where I get my hair cut to see if my stylist could work me in. She said come back at noon. I did a few more errands and came back. I haven’t had my hair cut since mid-August – and it sure needed cut. We went out to lunch, stopped at the mall then took down the Christmas decorations outside. I got nervous watching Marty on the roof but he only had to get up there 3 times. I wasn’t much helping wrapping up the cords and lights. My hands are so small I get about halfway done and I can’t hold the cords anymore. I thought about doing laundry but that can wait until tomorrow.

We are going to a local brewery tonight for a birthday party. I guess I am the DD. I’ll have some sliders and dream of jewelry.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, my invoice for advice will be sent post haste! LOL I'm glad my advice was helpful!

Marcy, I'm glad the hair stylist was able to get you in! I hope you had fun at the B-day party.

We went to the optical store and I dropped off my sunglasses for new lenses. Charlie wound up ordering a pair of new glasses from the same brand I just got. They're just so incredibly comfortable, so I'm happy he's getting a pair. Then we went to Starbucks and sat outside. It was just a gloriously beautiful afternoon. Our favorite Sbucks has a century old oak tree that provides incredible shade, even on a really sunny afternoon. We made a risotto and crab dish. We found the recipe on Food Channel. It was good, but not great. The recipe called for Arboreal Rice and truffle oil. I guess I didn't like the texture of the rice and I guess I really didn't find the taste of truffle oil particularly appealing, tbh.

Not sure what we'll do tomorrow. Probably not much.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy early Sunday morning kids!

Rod, I'll be sure to pay your invoice the moment it's received! :cheeky:

Curby, I also need a haircut but I'm debating (like I ALWAYS do!) about whether to keep it short short or if I want to grow a bit of a bob back. It doesn't help that my last haircut didn't thrill me, and THAT person was someone new I was trying because I didn't love the one I'd been going to any more, so no matter what I need to find another new stylist. Ugh. Why is this so hard?! I mean, it's only *hair*!

Yesterday I got everything ready to take back at the mall (harder than it sounds because I ordered a bunch of tops from Macy's and they were all shipped separately with different packing slips so I had a bear of a time finding all the paperwork and coordinating it with the items) and then I went through The Four Boxes Of Paperwork Death. I bought these boxes last year to put all the stuff in that used to clutter the top of a cabinet when you come in the door. And they were great... in theory. Now EVERYTHING goes in there and they have become a black hole. It was great to get them cleaned out though and I even found a gift certificate to a restaurant that the agent who helped me buy the boathouse gave me and it went MIA right after the closing. I've finished my expenses for my corporate entity for 2016 and started getting some of my tax paperwork together too. So even though it doesn't LOOK like I did anything yesterday I really got a lot accomplished! Then I crawled in bed and played on the internet for a while an went to sleep early. It was marvelous!

Today is the inspection for my client at 9 am and then off to the mall. The goal will be to spend less than the stuff I am returning. Never seems to work that way though, LOL!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm surprised you had an inspection on a Sunday morning, but then real-estate has a 7 day a week schedule, right? Glad you got all organized and things returned.

I'm feeling much better today. I watched SNL last night and got up at 8 as I was ready to get up. We just had coffee and watched drivel on TV for a while. I have a bunch of reward dollars to spend at Best Buy, so I went and got an Amazon Dot (the little puck-like sibling to the taller Echo) and set it up in the bedroom. I often want to know what the weather is or a quick look at the news without having to grab my phone or turn on TV., so this will be a great thing in the bedroom. Plus when I go to bed at night, all I'll have to say is Alexa, set alarm for X AM and she'll wake me.

It was another lovely day outside. Kind of overcast, warm, but not hot. So we did sit outside Starbucks for coffee before going to Fresh Market to buy dinner. We're having a whole baked chicken and Charlie found this recipe for cabbage steaks baked in the oven. It's really just thick slabs of cabbage, drizzed with olive oil, seasonings and baked.

Yuck to tomorrow being Monday. That's all I've got to say on that subject.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I bet the oak tree by Starbucks is amazing. It sounds pretty just enjoying the view and being outside. That’s nice Charlie is getting some new glasses from the same brand as the one you like so well. Comfortable glasses make a huge difference. Good deal you feel better today. Amazon Dot sounds handy. I never use Siri.

Dee Jay, I agree it is very tough to find a good hairstylist. This girl I go to is okay; but she and I have different views of what constitutes lots of layers. I don’t know where to go find someone else to try. You did accomplish a lot this weekend. Cleaning out those collect all boxes always makes you feel good especially when you find something nice like a gift certificate. I printed out a 1099 and a 1098 today. I decided to start collecting paperwork for taxes too.

We had a nice time at the party last night. About 10 of us showed up. They played a drinking game so most of them were smashed in no time. I know Marty didn’t feel too perky or ambitious today. The brewery was kind of a dump and it’s self-serve; it was more like fast food appetizer restaurant with a bar. I don’t think I’d go out of my way to go there for supper but for a birthday party it was fine.

We didn’t do much today. Marty set up our new 4K satellite receivers today. Now we’ll have to wait for 4K content to be available from our satellite provider. I guess BBCA is going to air some Planet Earth II shows in 4K. Those should be amazing.

I was a good sister and called my chatty sister tonight. One hour and 11 minutes later I got off the phone.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy MLK Day kids!

Rod, real estate is a 24/7 business for sure! I always joke that if I ever opened my own real estate company office hours would be from 10 pm to 6 am because that's when most deals get done!

Curby, I've never understood drinking games...? My goal is to have a good time and STILL feel human tomorrow. So things like shots (which I avoid like the plague) perplex me -- I mean, the whole goal of getting as drunk as possible as fast as possible means I'll feel as bad a possible tomorrow, LOL.

Yesterday after the inspection I successfully returned things and then got a new coat (which I didn't need) at Macy's and three sweaters (which I didn't need) at Forever21. Net net I still came out ahead by a couple hundred bucks between when I took back and what I bought. Plus I walked 3.7 miles in the mall so I even got some exercise!

The CB came home around 6:30 and we went to dinner, then I did my nails. Today I'm doing some laundry and reading a book. Not much on the To Do List, although I could motivate at some point to do some thing... not likely though!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my realtor was not a 24 x 7 agent. She was more like 4 – 7 pm sometimes but only if she was on time. I can see why evening hours is when most deals get done. When I was teaching online most of the homework turned in late. I agree drinking games are abusive. They played this game in college and I believe most of them aren’t 30 yet so they are still up for drinking games. I don’t like to drink enough that I feel bad the next day and I have a hard time sleeping that night. Marty was pretty drunk though. He picked up the entire tab and today I noticed he added a 33% tip to a place that is self-service. Oh well. Mental note: don’t let Marty pick up the tab after he’s been drinking.

Sounds like you made out on your shopping trip. Money ahead and you brought home new things to keep you warm. Sweet.

Rod, how are you feeling today?

I gave 4 of my 5 performance appraisals today. Most of them went okay; I just went over the highlights and indicated what their score was; they usually don’t want to read them in front of me. This one girl vented for an hour about how fed up she is with the mean girl negative nellies. I told her she has every right to tell them she is trying to concentrate or simply tell them she doesn’t agree with what they are saying. She said she is afraid of their wrath if she does stand up to them. My boss told me dealing with my team is like pushing a giant boulder up the hill with my tongue. I have one more review to give and it won’t be pleasant. I worked about 30 minutes late but I put Blue Streak in Sport mode and drove home as fast enough to put a smile on my face. I felt better.

The right side of my space bar isn’t working well on my new laptop. Oh no!!!

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, LOL on the 33% tip! Next time Marty goes out drinking I'll be happy to come and serve drinks if he's such a good tipper!

Yesterday was completely non-productive! Well, I did wash the sheets and remake the bed, so maybe that counts for *something*! Other than that, I finished a book that I got some time ago. It took me longer than I expected and I spent many blissful hours on the couch under my blankie. I'm paying the price now though because I've got a crick in my neck. That makes me think of what your chiropractor said Curby about only laying down when you're sleeping, LOL.

Today it's virtually WARM here -- I think it was almost 30 when I left the house. By the time I was half way to work I'd completely unzipped my coat and thrown my scarf in my bag. When I got to the office I had to take off my cardigan and walk around in just my long sleeve T-shirt for a while to cool off. Damn near a tropical heat wave here, ha ha!

OK, off to start doing some real work!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I know – I’d take a 33% tip too. My math skills weaken with alcohol consumption but not that much! Glad you had a relaxing day. Sorry to hear you have a crick in your back but laying down reading is exactly what messed up my neck. Nice for having beautiful weather today. We were warm here and it wasn’t windy. I hardly knew what to do!!!

We had tacos for supper.

I am looking at pear diamonds for a pendant but I really shouldn’t be thinking about spending money. I am trying to figure out what I can trade in to help get me there. I should read my book and put that bling idea out of my head.

Marty is wondering what it would take for him to be a personal trainer. I sure wish his job would get busy. His department announced a reorg today and he is under a new boss and they are one big department worldwide now rather than different divisions. Scary times.

Take care.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......I'm feeling semi-quasi-OK. I'm still on an antibiotic, but for me that means a month. I'm still very anxious to get the results of the biopsy. I try to keep it out of mind, but I'm not good at that.

Really not much to report. I'm going to go see my eye doctor. My new glasses are great. The new prescription, not so much. Up close and near is fine. Distance is definitely not right and it's driving me batty. It's been almost a week and I'm just not adjusting to them. Lord knows how much this will cost. I know the optician didn't make a mistake as they've verified the prescription is exactly what my Ophthalmologist prescribed. So, I'm going to call him in the morning ask to be rechecked. It's always sumpin, right?

Marcy, maybe Marty should buy a gym!

DeeJay, your shopping trip sounded like you got some nice things and got money back. Good for you!

Sorry for the quick flyby, but it's late and I'm off to bed now.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, glad you are feeling okay and I hope you continue to feel better. I bet waiting for results is making your anxious. I hope they fix your glasses for you. Usually those remakes or checking your eyes again are free. I hope so. Not being able to see can really give you a headache. I wish we had the money to buy a gym; that would make Marty very happy. I am all nervous and worried but I guess there isn't much I can do about any of it. I hope you slept well.

Not much going on with me today. I had a busy day at work but got done by 4 pm. Sweet.

We had fairly nice weather today. It was in the 40's. Sweet.

Have a great evening.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey,

I'll bet Marty would be great as a gym owner. I wish I had the courage to do something on my own. The 40s must seem like a heatwave to you. It was in the 80s today. For the most part, Florida has decided to skip winter this year. It's getting old, to be honest. We usually can count on some chilly weeks. We've had two chilly days and heat the rest of the time.

So I got a call from my Urologist this morning. It was good news. The biopsy came back negative. I'll be going in to meet with him next week to discuss the next steps in treating my prostate. I'm living on antibiotics, which isn't good.

On the glasses front. I have an appointment with my eye doctor in the morning. They said they offer a recheck at no charge during the first 90 days after a full eye exam. He's a full Ophthalmologist, so the exam is quite extensive. I know the prescription is wrong and I finally stopped wearing the new glasses today and am wearing the old pair. I can see just fine with this prescription. And the optician who is our friend, said they'd replace the lenses in both the new glasses and my sunglasses at no charge. That was a relief. The lenses alone would cost about $800 if I had to pay to replace them.

That's about all the news on this side of the country...........

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Rod, I am SO SO SO glad to hear you got good results! I'm sure you and Charlie were very relieved. BTW, we haven't had any new kitty pictures in quite a while... I'm just sayin'... !

Curby, I often regret not turning my original e-ring pear stone into a pendant. It was 1.33 ct and it was a really nice stone. But that's water under the bridge; I traded it for the oval... which got traded for the round and the rest is history!

I had a *situation* at work on Tuesday that made me blow a gasket. All of our employees have to do annual certifications and we use an electronic system to house certain information. Well I realized in using my own certification as a control that the info we had produced was not correct. I called the vendor who hosts the system and they said the problem was a "known bug" and it would be fixed on Friday January 27. Well that nice, but our certifications are due on Monday January 30. And the icing on the cake was when they told me that they didn't think there was anything they could do to accurately produce the info needed for these certifications before that. I lost my mind. This was at 4:45 on Tuesday. By 9:00 am yesterday they had magically provided me with a report that housed what we needed. Really...? You're going to make me go all ape sh!t on you to provided something you have access to anyway? That made me as made as finding out about the problem in the first place. Needless to say yesterday was a busy day redoing what we had done to that point so we could get it back out to employees. Oy.

Today will likely be a much calmer day! :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results