shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me locate a price on my wedding ring.

Quincykers

Rough_Rock
okay Ive browsed around every jewellery shop in our local mall, also some other shops. They basically all have like 5 mens rings to choose from each. So I started going by pawn shops and just about everyone.. I finally found a ring I like. The problem is it doesn't add up.
  • .56 tcw supposedly
    8 diamonds that they claim are
    .14pt
    total weight 9.9 grams
    white,yellow gold 14kt
    inside stamp is "midas 14kt"
This is a pawn shop and I have no clue what I should be paying.

The ring is a 8.75 which i believe I am

They asked [b]1400$ out the door [/b]that is including there mark off for christmas season, I saved up some and was still going to haggle aha.

now there deal is off but Id imagine another one coming for valentines :love: . I went back yesterday dealt with someone else and they took a look at it and said the best they can do is $1725CAD FYI Canadian . she also said it looks to have "si1's" , "slightly included" and "faint colour"
so I don't know if she realized that they should of been possibly selling it for more once she took another look at it.. The size fits perfect.. :doh: don't know how much I should spend on this but I know I wont take there current price of $1725 :hand: .. so I could go back and get the $1400 maybe less.. She also said she doesn't have the type of pull to give me a great deal like the other people there.

I started trying to look into seeing how much these retail for or if there are similar so i looked up midas jewellery and couldn't find much, but after hours I found "midasjewelryinc." located 4 hours away (Toronto)[/u]. There aren't prices on there site of course nor can I find the ring, but there are similar!! No means of contact though. I inquire through there site and never hear back.. I send a email and it tells me the email doesn't exist.. I call and its answering machine everytime..

I personally know a jeweller who is extremely busy and he told me that if those are .14pt It sounds like a deal and to buy it. He basically cant match that deal or even make it worth my while.. He says that something isn't right and that if those are .14pt it should be 1.12 ctw which they would also probably want more for the ring.. ive been in 4 times to see this ring and they tell me there .14pt and I ask what that means and they say that well it means there is about half a carat there...

anyways this site is my last hope for my wedding ring I am done looking around around like a detective.
Midasjeweleyinc must not want business. or are maybe out of business which could be a reason to not buy the ring.. in google it says they are a whole sale supplier so maybe some other local store could have what im looking for.. I cant find them in street view maps and wouldn't want to travel a total of 8 hours to find out there either closed or the ring is like $3000...
:confused: :wavey:
enough of my story :read: hopefully some ppl held in there and can help me get this ring on aha :rolleyes:
oh by the way I can tell for a fact that the pawn shop paid less then $1000 for it

So to clarify the 5 row is my what i believe to be .10 (cz) 18kt plated sterling.. The fiancee insisted that I had at least something on since i just started school :naughty:

closest ring ive found is called "block link eternity 14k .24ct" by Javda
kinda the style im going for there is also a similar one to the Javda (i didn't look who its by) and it is platinum going for $2000 my jeweller insist I can get a deal by the seller (store owner, longtime friend of his)
fyi this is the javda the closest I can find. after the Canadian to US exchange im looking at $2500 which is far past my budget..
screen_shot_2017-01-14_at_11.png
15992005_1531501870196556_69690842_o_1.jpg
16106363_1531502273529849_920797458_o.jpg
16106330_1531501936863216_1885062222_o.jpg
15992064_1530761086937301_3900099_o.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're right, the numbers don't add up. I don't think we have enough information to untangle it for you. If there's a return period, you might consider buying the ring and the bringing it to someone you trust for a better assessment of the size and quality of the diamonds.

I wasn't able to find anything directly comparable, but are some that are similar:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Round-Diamo...ty-Wedding-Band-Platinum-0-24Ct-/161206798418
https://www.gemvara.com/jewelry/block-band/mens-14k-white-gold-ring-with-diamond/j0yll

I'm not having much luck with the Javda site, but supposedly they do have pages (that aren't loading for me) with various styles of men's diamond bands. And it appears they carry bands similar to the one you're eyeing. They also have a customer service number that you could try for more help. https://www.javda.com/wedding-band

Good luck![/url]

ETA .14 ct looks to be about right for those diamonds, if the tape measure is correct. The problem is that 1) we're assuming the diamonds are reasonably well-cut stones, 2) plastic or fiberglass tape measures can stretch, and 3) in any event, tape measures aren't intended to be accurate at those very small increments.

Quincykers

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. No there isn't a return period or warranty of any sort. Idk if there offering price is priced for the .56tcw they think is there or is that actually the .tcw because if it is then they're not .14pt rounds in there.. I feel if I go check it out again or get someone to possibly come with they will mark it up even more.. That is why I thought the easiest solution would be to contact the maker of the ring and ask them. They can't seem to be bothered and I'm pretty sure "Midasjewelryinc."
So say if this was only
.56tcw
14kt white and yellow gold
10gram total
Is that even worth $1400? What should I pay no more then?

Quincykers

Rough_Rock
Update: I found a very similar ring at a local retail.. The stamp is the exact same and made by the same company.. What they are asking at the retail is $3750 before tax. Approx $4240 after tax.. I went to the local pawn shop and the only difference on the ring is there isn't a hole in behind every diamond.. And there isn't some brushed gold and the best they can do now is $1450 out the door..
At the retail shop they said they are .10pt diamonds and equal to .80 tcw.. So I don't quite know where the pawn shop got .56tcw or the .14pt diamonds.. I've gotta say that the ring at the retail store was probably about a gram more in gold.. The retail sales lady kept on saying how I would probably crack one of the diamonds for some reason.. Some suggestions would be nice!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say if you love it and can't find anything you like in your budget it's worth the risk. Pawn shops don't always add up, but if you can take your busy jewelery friend, or buy a scale and a diamond calipers to find out the size you may have a bit of wiggle room in the price. But everything you seem to be finding retail is almost double in price and if you've looked at it a few times, at thats 1450 with taxes and everything out the door it doesn't seem like a horrible price at least to me. But that would really depend on the diamonds. Are you interested in making your own ring? It only has roughly (if the gold weight is correct) $300 CND worth of gold in the 9.9g so you are really paying for the craftsmanship and the diamonds. There is a place in Toronto called the den, they do wedding band works shops and I am certain you can make that yourself with the help of their master goldsmiths with higher quality materials for under 1k CND. They do free consultations and quotes too. You also can always see if you can find melee yourself that's ideal cut from one of the vendors on here, like goodoldgold or wink at high preformance diamonds or possibly whiteflash. Just some ideas!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to say what a cool design that you found! Very nice and good luck :)

Elizabeth Sims

Rough_Rock
Hi Quincykers,

http://www.diamondvaluer.com/ has a Calculator which will help you get the price for the ring. You need to register for the calculator as it uses your email address to send you the certificate, but it’s completely FREE.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results