shape
carat
color
clarity

Realistic bling wishlist for 2017

Beeby

Rough_Rock
I will play :)

1. Finish my reset. ( good news - for anyone that saw my prong disaster - my LA jeweler agreed they were a mess and is resetting my RB in a simple platinum solitaire. And traded my 4.7 tcw 14 princess cuts for rounds and is making a 4-5 tcw eternity band. All for what I already spent :) YAY!!)

2. because of this forum I just have to have a VCA yellow gold/ vintage Alhambra necklace in MOP

3. 2 pink diamond and rose gold shared prong 2 mm eternity bands and one platinum and diamond 2 mm eternity. To stack and mix with solitaire.

Happy 2017 to all !!!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1484279832|4114940 said:
m-2-b, you crack me up!! :lol:

Those pieces you posted are magnificent, of course! :love: :love: :love: But given I'm tiny, they'd swallow me - they'd wear me instead of me wearing them!! haha

So, I went to VCA yesterday (again!!) and I tried this one on (again!!). I must say the FM watch is in danger of being sidelined!

Love the modeling shot! :love: So are you going to get the VCA pave necklace or the bracelet first (or both)?! :naughty:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1484452215|4115409 said:
Phoenix|1484279832|4114940 said:
m-2-b, you crack me up!! :lol:

Those pieces you posted are magnificent, of course! :love: :love: :love: But given I'm tiny, they'd swallow me - they'd wear me instead of me wearing them!! haha

So, I went to VCA yesterday (again!!) and I tried this one on (again!!). I must say the FM watch is in danger of being sidelined!

Love the modeling shot! :love: So are you going to get the VCA pave necklace or the bracelet first (or both)?! :naughty:

Thanks, m-2-b! Trust you to enable!! :lol:

Actually, funny you should ask! I just posted a thread on the other forum ;)) , asking for help. I'm undecided. The price-points are vastly different. I'm lusting after both, but cannot justify buying nor really afford both. What would you suggest? In any case, the purchase won't happen for several months...I'm working myself up mentally AND trying to save furiously!! :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I know! Another one of those! ;-) :lol:

I'll start:

1. A dressy Franck Muller watch (not the Richard Mille, that's just toooo expensive) - shown below
2. Set my ten 44pts diamonds into a full tennis bracelet, will have to purchase the extra diamonds needed
3. Something Cartier or VCA (I have so many on my wishlist, but will have to be selective and judicious)
4. Perhaps...just perhaps..get another pair of earrings, or upgrade my existing BGD ones..we'll see...- CHECK!!:dance:

fm_watch.jpg

I guess I'm doing this list in reverse order! lol

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I started the year thinking I wanted to get my barley twist y/g trilogy reset in to white metal, originally thought platinum. Decided to go for w/g as I won't wear it everyday so don't need plat. That's happening in June.

Then I joined here, and that set me thinking that I'd really like to have something made for an upcoming big b'day and anniversary. So I asked lots of questions, and looked at hundreds and hundreds of diamonds.

After thinking I'd found what I wanted, with the budget getting bigger and bigger, I decided that I'm not a round brilliant woman, so have gone for something completely different and not at all my usual style. That's currently being made and will be ready in a few weeks.

Whilst I was looking at a million settings, I decided that at some point, I want to get my AAAA tanzanite pendant and ring reset in to w/g as I no longer wear y/g.

This place is definitely a bad influence on me :lol::D

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Great thread!

I have a ton... maybe not so realistic! :naughty:

Likely:
Diamond band
Ruby and diamond band
Cartier love bracelet
BGD huggies already ordered

Unlikely
Diamond stud upgrade
Diamond drop earrings
Something VCS
Small ring project with a stone I have

And... to my PS mom, Pinto, I don't believe you ;-)

Looking forward to a great year. Happy new year to all!

I got my love bracelet in gold yesterday!!!! Working the list :dance::dance::dance:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I know! Another one of those! ;-) :lol:

I'll start:

1. A dressy Franck Muller watch (not the Richard Mille, that's just toooo expensive) - shown below
2. Set my ten 44pts diamonds into a full tennis bracelet, will have to purchase the extra diamonds needed
3. Something Cartier or VCA (I have so many on my wishlist, but will have to be selective and judicious): CHECK!
4. Perhaps...just perhaps..get another pair of earrings, or upgrade my existing BGD ones..we'll see..: CHECK!.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my love bracelet in gold yesterday!!!! Working the list :dance::dance::dance:
My PS daughter takes after her mama! Sending you lots of (gold) love my PS daughter!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. I HAVE to make some progress on my list this year! Planning to do a major visit to DK in March this year to do a few projects:

1. solid rose gold bangle to match my current yellow gold and silver bangles, so I have the color trifecta - great mix and match opportunities! Check

2. white gold diamond bangle - same circumference but narrower width to complete the bangle collection. I want to be able to add the diamond bangle to any and all groupings of the other three bangles to act as a sparkly detail. It will be a continuous circle of 5pt diamonds and just a 'line of sparkle' which I think will make the others stand out. Check

3. every day white gold and diamond necklace. 20" with 18 stations of 3pt/10pt/3pt leaf shapes. Decided to do a different style of necklace. Pushed off until next year.

4. a memorial pendant for my three dogs who have died. This will be quite a complicated project as it will be a hollow teardrop shape with pear shaped diamonds inset, plus engraving. Still thinking about how to do this one. One dog is still living, so I won't pursue this while I still have her with me. :)

5. set my 1.36ctw diamond studs into permanent IDJ 5pt halos Check

6. replace my rose gold charms on my yellow gold charm bracelet with yellow gold charms. Check

7. restring my double strand pearl bracelet to single strand. Have it re-knotted. Check

So all of the above is for March/April/May and will progress me considerably. Then later in the year, for my birthday -

8. complete a pearl and diamond pendant; 3 x .25 diamonds, 16mm AAA South Sea pearl from PP. A serious pendant! Pushed off to next year

9. and for Christmas - upgrade my cushion cut studs. Removed from list. Replaced by....

A late entry! Decided i wanted to re-do my flower pendant to match my new flower earrings. Currently in process.

Also did a few diamond charms to go on a remade 18kt necklace, as well as a halo'd pear pendant, also in 18kt.

Grinding to a halt now...

I still want to do 3 last rings; a 3.2ctw three a stone, a 5ct+ solitaire in an Emilya and a 2+ ctw graduated 5 stone ring - but they'll be next year (and the year after!) (7 stone ring already done, which replaces the 5 stone idea, and decided I have maxed out on the number of rings I will ever wear. Scratched both 5ct Emilya and 3.2ct 3 stone projects. Am doing a different 3 stone project instead, which will be my last ring.)

Quiet year in 2016 - BIG year coming up. Yay!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not buying anything and I mean anything except for essentials or for replacement purposes except for regular payments towards an Imperial Topaz by Jeff W, as I have bought a new car that has eaten up most of my spare pennies for the next 2 years or so.

Love her to bits though as she drives and tows very well.

I had to get a new car as the old one needs 2.7k+ of repairs by Jan 2018.

DK :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YAY!! BIG year indeed, mrs b!!:dance::dance::dance:

I've seen the bangles (beautiful btw:love::love::love:), but not the other items you've done. Would love to see....

Can't wait to see the other items you have planned.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A moonstone pendant (has to be the perfect moonstone), and a Ruby and diamond Edwardian dinner ring.

Work has been good, so as long as the trend continues in 2017...
Oh oh! Since Arkteia "liked" this comment I realized I have hit these goals PLUS a padparadscha sapphire! These would have been PS long shot dreams a few years ago. I was going to sell the ring because I got "reset fever" and I had it basically taken apart and put back together. Stupid waste of money :doh:and that cut into my pendant budget. Almost there!

IMG_0409.JPG

View attachment 500329

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow, I managed to get enough of what I love - playing with jewels ... [research rather than trade]. No idea if I still want anything that could not serve as sample. Golden pearls always get a smile from me (some of startling intensity - gold pales) - then again, everything started with a strongly flamed white pearl, and my colour is blue - ink blue, sky blue, turquoise blue !

Perhaps, when all is said & done, something will get to be a keepsake. Of course - I cannot imagine being 'Done' ...

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread but it's dangerous! :naughty: I have a few things in mind but not sure what will happen this year...

1. I have my eye on a 2+ carat antique cushion...
2. Diamond hoops or antique diamond drop earrings
3. VCA carnelian earrings
4. Upgrade diamond studs (this could probably wait bc my current studs are nice for everyday wear)

Of course I managed to do the one thing I said I probably wouldn't do! I upgraded my studs with IDJ from .90 ctw to 1.6 ctw and I'm really SO happy I did! They have an even nicer presence and I wear them daily! I also used some of bling funds to purchase a bag :halo: figured I'd switch it up a little!

DH will be fulfilling #3 later this year (I *think* he knows this :lol:). #2 has been nixed from my list bc I really don't think I'd get as much use as I'd like out of them and I'm trying to put more thought into my purchases. #1 has also taken a back seat right now while I figure out what I really want and not purchase things impulsively.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!! BIG year indeed, mrs b!!:dance::dance::dance:

I've seen the bangles (beautiful btw:love::love::love:), but not the other items you've done. Would love to see....

Can't wait to see the other items you have planned.

Hi Phoenix :)

Here's some photos - pls forgive the overkill. I don't have my restrung pearls with me at the moment or my diamond pendant, but here's the link to the diamond pendant:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-diamond-bangle-and-pendant.229949/

So - re the other jobs - here's a few photos. All of these pieces are new except for the charm bracelet - that was a reorganize job, not a purchase.

My rose gold bangle obviously isn't here, but I know you've seen that anyway.

20170617_084522_resized.jpg

20170617_084814_resized.jpg

20170617_084109_resized.jpg

20170617_084119_resized.jpg

20170617_084220_resized.jpg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - all these photos looked so pretty when they were on my computer!! The diamonds in the ring are all E VS2 and those in the earrings are G SI1 except for one H SI1 (both settings are platinum). And all on both projects are H&A. The ones around the pear pendant are all G/H color, and the pear is an I. This one is a bit of a mongrel, but it came out beautifully - mainly because of the expertise in the setting. The diamonds in the bangle (WG) are all E/F and very nicely cut (I would stop short of saying H&A in the bangle, but they go close). Sadly, in the photos they all look like grey spinels. :confused:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these threads!

My wishlist for 2017 is modest. There's a silver Tiffany necklace that I want - it has multiple hearts strung along the length. There are some diamond flower leverback earrings that I'm dying for, but am waiting to see if they'll go on sale. Then, I might get a diamond and onyx necklace to match my earrings from the same range. That's it. And I think the diamond flowers might have to wait until 2018, anyhow.

Here are my three desired pieces:

After these, I think I'm not going to buy any more jewelry. I really have more than I can wear as it is.

Blue Nile 1.jpg

Blue Nile 2.jpg

Tiffany.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've decided against getting my trilogy reset, because I won't end up wearing it, so I'm going to have a pair of simple studs and either a slider or simple prong set everyday wear pendant.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait till my spinel is reset
Make a two spinels-clasp for the pearl necklace
maybe set a brown-yellow diamond, my first one (had to be colored, as I don't like white stones)? It is three carat, is GIA-certified, warm and will look nice in a bezel. Thinking about the color of the bezel...
I am seriously thinking of putting all my colored stones in one necklace
Don't know a thing about diamonds, but it is nice to browse through threads, see how much attention people pay to details, and how much they know. It is also nice to have a stone that can stand bezeling, as colored stones usually heavily depend on the light, or have inclusions, or something else.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh oh! Since Arkteia "liked" this comment I realized I have hit these goals PLUS a padparadscha sapphire! These would have been PS long shot dreams a few years ago. I was going to sell the ring because I got "reset fever" and I had it basically taken apart and put back together. Stupid waste of money :doh:and that cut into my pendant budget. Almost there!

IMG_0409.JPG

View attachment 500329

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

Beautiful beautiful pad (pads are on my wish-list too), and moonstone and ring.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I know! Another one of those! ;)) :lol:

I'll start:

3. Something Cartier or VCA (I have so many on my wishlist, but will have to be selective and judicious) - CHECK CHECK CHECK (yes, three times! lol).
4. Perhaps...just perhaps..get another pair of earrings, or upgrade my existing BGD ones..we'll see... - CHECK!

So, in addition to my 2 Cartier Loves (1 regular YG and 1 thin RG), I'm also getting the vintage-sized Alhambra pave earrings in WG. Glad to have finally made my decision; I've been to-ing and fro-ing for several months now, much to the chagrin of my VCA SA! lol

Will post them in the VCA thread when I pick them up - ETA in a week to 10 days' time. Soooo excited!!:dance::dance::clap::love::love::love::clap::clap:

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, in addition to my 2 Cartier Loves (1 regular YG and 1 thin RG), I'm also getting the vintage-sized Alhambra pave earrings in WG. Glad to have finally made my decision; I've been to-ing and fro-ing for several months now, much to the chagrin of my VCA SA! lol

Will post them in the VCA thread when I pick them up - ETA in a week to 10 days' time. Soooo excited!!:dance::dance::clap::love::love::love::clap::clap:

I'm really glad you're getting these - the earrings were definitely my choice! Do you still have the diamond alhambra bracelet? It would make a beautiful set!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really glad you're getting these - the earrings were definitely my choice! Do you still have the diamond alhambra bracelet? It would make a beautiful set!

Thank you, mrs-b. I was this close to buying the Pure Alhambra earrings!! And also had been stalking the Frivoles for months!! I love(d) the Frivoles but didn't think they were age appropriate for me - I kept going back and forth for many many months. The SA was getting so fed up with me!!:cheeky:

In the end, the Vintage Alhambra earrings won out. These are a classic staple and I really can't go wrong with them. I'm very happy with this choice actually. So happy I waited!!

Yes, I still have the Alhambra Sweet pave bracelet. Sometimes, I wish I'd gone for the Vintage bracelet; but this Sweet is so easy to wear, I wear it practically daily now.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year, as in one year starting from now, my goal is to be more conservative in acquiring new pieces. I want to focus on settings.

1)Moonstone earrings; to have made with gold and sapphires.
2)set star sapphires in a pendants...1 for me and one for my littlest daughter.
3) replace lost gold and diamond hoop.
4) set morenci turquoise cabochon in an 18k yellow gold ring.
5) find sapphire earrings which match with multicolored sapphire necklace and bracelet set.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
With our second baby and my 30th birthday, my DH spoiled me with a couple RHRs and a vintage Rolex this year--none of which I'd anticipated! Since then, we've undertaken a major home renovation :eek2:, so I'll be laying off the purchases for a long while.

(...except that I intend to get myself a strand of blue Akoya pearls if/when I get a promotion I'm going for...which probably won't happen until late winter/spring next year. :P2 16" with an extender to 18", and I want them as lustrous, silver, and near-round as I can get :lickout:)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my reset, so done with that. (Can't believe that really took a whole year.)

I have some colored stones I am deciding on how to set. So fun!! :dance: I've never had colored stones before!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, mrs-b. I was this close to buying the Pure Alhambra earrings!! And also had been stalking the Frivoles for months!! I love(d) the Frivoles but didn't think they were age appropriate for me - I kept going back and forth for many many months. The SA was getting so fed up with me!!:cheeky:

In the end, the Vintage Alhambra earrings won out. These are a classic staple and I really can't go wrong with them. I'm very happy with this choice actually. So happy I waited!!

Yes, I still have the Alhambra Sweet pave bracelet. Sometimes, I wish I'd gone for the Vintage bracelet; but this Sweet is so easy to wear, I wear it practically daily now.

Can't wait to see your vintage pave Alhambra earrings!! Those are just STUNNING!!!!!! I remember trying them in and thinking that they were the perfect size. It is so sad that they feel too heavy for my ears. Maybe that is a good thing...

I'm so happy you are wearing the sweet pave bracelet regularly. I would imagine it would be easy to wear cause it's light and neutral but also super blingy. :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see your vintage pave Alhambra earrings!! Those are just STUNNING!!!!!! I remember trying them in and thinking that they were the perfect size. It is so sad that they feel too heavy for my ears. Maybe that is a good thing...

I'm so happy you are wearing the sweet pave bracelet regularly. I would imagine it would be easy to wear cause it's light and neutral but also super blingy. :love:

LLJsmom, I had to have the Alhambra pave earrings ordered bc they ran out of stock (everything runs out here, inclg the new limited edition vintage-sized Onyx earrings with a teeeny tiny diamond in the centre). My SA is now saying my earrings will only be here in abt 2 weeks' time!! I DIE!!:lol:

I was worried about the weight of these too. But they felt ok on. And I read on another forum that the posts and the clips can be adjusted to make them more comfy to wear.

Me too!! Can't believe I almost sold it. I love my Sweet!!:love: It provides just the right amount of pop/ sparkle for daily wear, and it's so light I sometimes forget it's on.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my reset, so done with that. (Can't believe that really took a whole year.)

I have some colored stones I am deciding on how to set. So fun!! :dance: I've never had colored stones before!

Loving your new ring. So happy for you that you finally had that done. Yay!!

Coloured stones are fun!! What do you have? If you'd like to share:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results